It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Celebrate our fifth birthday and shoot for the stars--for free!

Our fifth birthday celebrations continue with the addition of a new free game to the catalog: Stargunner, a frenetic Sci-Fi side-scrolling classic shooter, is now on GOG.com!

In a distant galaxy of Andromeda an epic struggle between two planets is drawing to a close. The greedy, powerful Zilions are gathering an almighty fleet to destroy, once and for all, a neighboring civilization of Ytimians. When their army takes flight, there is nothing that can stop them from annihilating Ytima. Unless you--one of the elite squad of Stargunners--can cripple their immense forces while they are still stationed at strongholds scattered on the surface of Zile. The challenge, even for a special forces pilot like you, is daunting. So get your laser cannons charged and lead your swift spacecraft to victory!

Stargunner is an exceptionally well-crafted Sci-Fi shooter with fast-paced action and explosive boss fights. You will have to battle over 75 unique, fully-rendered and animated enemy ships in diverse environments: in space, on the planet's Zile mountainous surface, even underwater, with plenty of weapons, shields, and power-ups available to boost your craft. With fitting soundtrack and--for the time of its original release--ground-breaking pre-rendered 3D graphics, which made the game one of the most beautiful and detailed shooters of the 90s, Stargunner is a sure-fire pick for classic shoot 'em up fans!

Blast through the almighty Zilion fleet in this frantic space extravaganza, get your free copy of Stargunner on GOG.com!
Thanks! Will try it someday.
Thanks GOG!
Played a couple hours, and I gotta say this is one of the better free games we've got. I love that we get an arcade style leader board.
Every free game counts! Thanks GOG.
Thanks GOG for this. Usually not my favorite genre but can't argue with free!
Thank you GOG for your generosity. I love these little surprises. Your the best!!
Not bad, I'd say. I don't intend to play it anytime soon, but the gesture is appreciated.
Thank you GOG !
Happy birthday, GOG. Thanks for this free shooter. I love these shooters, and this just adds to the collection along with Tyrian (also free), Raiden (not free, but worth every penny) and the other great scrolling shooters on here. I love this type of game and always celebrate when a new one comes in, and, free? No argument here!

Now, it's off to go shoot some pesky space aliens...
BranjoHello: This will be free forever, right?
I don't see you mention any time period when this stops being free.
It probably will, as the company that made the game has had this one out as freeware for a while, but what GOG.com has done for us is set it up to run perfectly on modern systems and included the manual and soundtrack as, even with free stuff, GOG.com always gives us the best they can give.

So this probably will remain free.
Thank you for the free game :)
Oh noooo, now I have an even longer backlog!

Appreciated! Good work!
Arkose: I just noticed this is the earlier version 1.0b instead of version 1.1a; is this deliberate? GOG.com releases normally have the latest patch.
We usually do but this one breaks the game at the aquatic combat mission 6 boss :)
Oh, wow, that's certainly a good reason for skipping the patch. :)

Now I just have to get good enough at the game to get that far. Spend MORE money!
Simply put, you're the best in the industry guys.
Arkose: I just noticed this is the earlier version 1.0b instead of version 1.1a; is this deliberate? GOG.com releases normally have the latest patch.
JudasIscariot: We usually do but this one breaks the game at the aquatic combat mission 6 boss :)
I'm amazed each and every time you give a new proof of your *real* dedication to gaming, dudes.
Post edited September 17, 2013 by SeTiDaYeTi