It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE on GOG.com video

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by Chamb
Zoltan999: I'm not 100% sure, but in the past, after GOG has removed games from the catalog, aren't the codes no longer valid for download? I thought remember this topic coming up in the past regarding gift codes of games removed from GOG. If you already own the game(s), and they are presently on your shelf, you can always download them, np, but the codes may no longer be valid. Just thought I'd mention it, because that'll make a big difference for folks who have these codes (me included).
mrking58: I gifted XIII months after it was removed and it worked
Ahh, okay, well that's good to know then...plan to give mine away in the future to newer, less unfortunates also bro
Does anyone still have a code? I tried on the first day of the giveaway, but the server was being hammered so I didn't get it, then I forgot to try again the next day and missed it. I'd really appreciate it.
claviola: Does anyone still have a code? I tried on the first day of the giveaway, but the server was being hammered so I didn't get it, then I forgot to try again the next day and missed it. I'd really appreciate it.
If no one offers you one, you can try this thread (read the posts).

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_fk_me_i_missed_the_fallout_giveaway_giveaway
high rated
claviola: Does anyone still have a code? I tried on the first day of the giveaway, but the server was being hammered so I didn't get it, then I forgot to try again the next day and missed it. I'd really appreciate it.
S5ZS-35RA-9RXN-QVLL
Someone redeemed a Fallout trilogy code I gave them and was able to download the game and it shows up in their game list... but the code still shows as being unredeemed in My Gifts. Another code I gifted was redeemed by someone and shows as redeemed. Anyone else notice a glitch like this?

Just wondering if some of the keys might be unintentionally reusable master keys or if it's a total fluke or something.

If anyone's watching from GOG, I pasted the https:// link to redeem the game with the game code prepended on it for them onto a Facebook message. Facebook tries to load URLs though and I think what happened is that that might have temporarily locked the game code on them, but minutes later it worked ok - however when they redeemed it the status did not change to redeemed. Another possibility is that it is registered as redeemed in the GOG database but just not being reflected on the website for some reason. I'll flush my cache etc. later and reload the site and see if it's marked redeemed.

Anyhow just a curiousity as to whether anyone else has experienced such.
skeletonbow: it shows up in their game list... but the code still shows as being unredeemed in My Gifts.
was it a triple pack, but only one or two games actually redeemed? the remaining game(s) may still be redeemable for somebody else
Yeah, it was a triple pack redeemed to a brand new GOG account containing no games, so the entire pack redeemed and were downloaded successfully, but in My Gifts the code shows up as completely unused whereas another code I have that was only partly redeemed by someone shows up as "partially redeemed". After a cache flush and browser restart it still shows unredeemed so something is amiss on the GOG end. I'll reuse the code soon and see if it redeems a second time and notify GOG if it happens so they can investigate as I'm sure they don't want multiple copies of a game going out for a single code. :) In this case it's just a Fallout freebie so not a huge issue I imagine.
check your pm
Such a most awesome classic game series. Hopefully GoG can somehow work a deal.....
Post edited December 19, 2013 by Briareos262
The gift codes are now, in the words of Beetlejuice. dead-dead-deadski. The leading suppositions for why are (1) the loss of the right for GOG to continue distributing the game, or (2) abuse of the giveaway leading to GOG shutting down the remaining keys.

Would a bluetext care to weigh in? I assume an official announcement will come eventually either way.
Given that http://www.gog.com/game/fallout currently still exists, I doubt it's (1). And I'm not sure what the incentive for (2) would be, or why it would happen now rather than earlier. Maybe it's a glitch.

Edit: I stand corrected; it turns out they have a special message on the Redeem page. 'This giftcode was part of our 48 hour giveaway of Fallout. Unfortunately, the code is no longer operational as the giveaway has ended. Don't worry, though, because we have hundreds of other great games on GOG.com, including 12 free ones!'

Edit 2: According to TET, it's 'legal and licensing reasons' again, and more specifically code resellers. http://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/free_fallout_gift_codes_disabled
Post edited December 19, 2013 by VanishedOne
dzylon: So now I'm looking at a text file with a hundred codes in it. Beautiful. I think I'll stop here.

What about you guys?

*<snip>, none of this matters*
So looking back with all the codes been shut down you still say you weren't part of the abuse and everything was okay?
Anyway, you now have 100 useless codes.
Post edited December 21, 2013 by lugum
dzylon: So now I'm looking at a text file with a hundred codes in it. Beautiful. I think I'll stop here.

What about you guys?

*<snip>, none of this matters*
lugum: So looking back with all the codes been shut down you still say you weren't part of the abuse and everything was okay?
Anyway, you now have 100 useless codes.
Giving away codes, even a hundred of them, for free was not the problem. According to TET "Unfortunately a bunch of people were re-selling the codes and this got noticed." It's idiots trying to turn a profit on nothing that was the problem. A whole bunch of folk always squirrel away extra codes for giveaways later, it's a nice gift for new people to GOG even months after the giveaway occurred. See: Torchlight, Duke Nukum, etc.
GOG.com: All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE on GOG.com video

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.
Okay, I didn't read through this, but it didn't matter, since I already had the
games...would be nice if, at the top of the page, you had "WARNING :
POTENTIAL DELISTING UPCOMING"...in big bold letters...
Bursk: Hey, what gives? 'or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)' I came on a few mins ago to claim my copies (yes, before 1:59PM!) and it had already ended!
Well, JuriJ at support told me tough luck, basically, and insisted that the promo didn't end early. Thanks for nothing, JuriJ.