It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE on GOG.com video

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by Chamb
I don't know about you, but I love the title at rpgcodex:
"GOG Winter Sale: Herve gives Bethesda one last middle finger, gives out Fallout Trilogy for free"

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gog-winter-sale-herve-gives-bethesda-one-last-middle-finger-gives-out-fallout-trilogy-for-free.88422/
A nice way to say goodbye :(
I'd been waiting for Fallout 2 to come one sale, so this is a nice surprise. Got 1, 2 and tactics now, and only paid for Fallout. Thanks GOG!
hm

Losing my gog connection on some games pages which makes me unable to add them to cart.
I'm starting to wonder if this is on purpose... (i know it probably isn't but still annoying as hell).
Post edited December 14, 2013 by Faenrir
Wow! thanks GOG! I'm going to stock up on a ton of these codes now that the servers have calmed down to give to my friends and people who want to play the old fallout games!
I grabbed about fifty codes to just give out to people who didnt get the games before the sale ended. Sadly, I just realized that a few people are going to try and sell these codes online :/
Gifting is back up? Two of my friends wanted these but they were out of town for the weekend.
Videogames2224: I grabbed about fifty codes to just give out to people who didnt get the games before the sale ended. Sadly, I just realized that a few people are going to try and sell these codes online :/
Thats pretty much a given. Maybe they should have limited the number of copies each customer could have
Videogames2224: I grabbed about fifty codes to just give out to people who didnt get the games before the sale ended. Sadly, I just realized that a few people are going to try and sell these codes online :/
nijuu: Thats pretty much a given. Maybe they should have limited the number of copies each customer could have
that would just lead to a bunch of alt accounts simply to code harvest.

diluting the 'value' a code 're'seller could get out of the codes is the finer option.
how can someone trade for the code if Videogames2224 and other users similarly stocked up code drop every now and again.

ex:
how valued are these codes in the classifieds thread

Witcher 1
Torchlight
RoA1+2
RoA3
Beneath a Steel Sky
Post edited December 14, 2013 by ErekoseDM
Some bastards always try to abuse such offers for own gain.
I have stockpiled too, but i'll just gift them to get more potential customers to gog. Some of those newcomers will stay, and continue to buy games here.

Synergy effect ftw. ;^)
nijuu: Thats pretty much a given. Maybe they should have limited the number of copies each customer could have
ErekoseDM: that would just lead to a bunch of alt accounts simply to code harvest.

diluting the 'value' a code 're'seller could get out of the codes is the finer option.
how can someone trade for the code if Videogames2224 and other users similarly stocked up code drop every now and again.

ex:
how valued are these codes in the classifieds thread

Witcher 1
Torchlight
RoA1+2
RoA3
Beneath a Steel Sky
Beneath A Steel Sky is Freeware though (has been for a long time, was one of the first games to work with ScummVM) but yes Torchlight has been for free here on GoG and even in bundles. I own a copy of Torchlight both here on Gog and on HB and during the Insomnia sale I saw many comments about people still getting Torchlight and the game did take some time to sell (guess some bought it just to get "rid" of it).
Post edited December 14, 2013 by CorranHorn
Hey, what gives? 'or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)' I came on a few mins ago to claim my copies (yes, before 1:59PM!) and it had already ended!
Bursk: Hey, what gives? 'or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)' I came on a few mins ago to claim my copies (yes, before 1:59PM!) and it had already ended!
I and many others have extra copies so that will not be a problem=).
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I missed it. Why o why did I wait until the last second to buy it

Ps this is a joke
Bursk: Hey, what gives? 'or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)' I came on a few mins ago to claim my copies (yes, before 1:59PM!) and it had already ended!
CorranHorn: I and many others have extra copies so that will not be a problem=).
Thanks, CorranHorn.

I've sent support a message so let's see what they say.