It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE on GOG.com video

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by Chamb
specialsymbol: I already own these games. What happens if I get them anyway? Can I gift these then, later?
Yes you can. I got about 70 packs gifted to me so far.
Thank you for the early Xmas present, GoG (and Interplay)!

Already have boxed versions of all three from way back, but recently wishlisted them anyway, figuring I'd pick up a digital, DRM-less "backup" if an attractive sale price came along... so, this was perfect timing. :)
IAmSinistar: It is indeed, spooky kitty. Many of the times you list as dissonant were positives to me - embodying the general (and campy) insanity of how folks "reasoned' in the Cold War era. To me it was carrying the illogical unreality of the Atomic Age to its logical conclusion. Not only did it tap into high fantasy elements, but it was a smorgasbord of 1950s science fiction tropes, from the mad doctor experimenting on people, to giant ants, to human duplication gone awry, to alien invaders from space.

FNV felt more grounded in reality, certainly. But it also felt duller because of that. I still enjoyed the heck out of it, but it didn't leave me with the wistful memories that F3 did. Though I freely admit that could also be due to external factors at the time. In many ways, F3 was the perfect game at the perfect time for that point in my life. So no doubt that colours my opinion of it.
I'll need to play them again in some time and see how they both feel.
In a perfect world we would get Beth's East Coast Fallout IV, rooted in their lore and Obsidian's\InExile's West Coast Fallout taking from where NV left.
Never played PS Brotherhood of Steel game, but I guess for people playing this and then F3, F3 must feel like a real masterpiece, while F3 -> NV is more like quality game -> quality game.
drmlessgames: Sorry if this has been answered before, but i dont get why theyre worried that the games will be removed from sale. Arx Fatalis is available here and that game is a Bethesda game.
Arx Fatalis might be a special case, since it was here long before Arkane was "acquired" by Zenimax... given the latter's apparent love of DRM, wouldn't be surprised if it too disappears in the next year or two.
It's a damn shame these timeless classics will disappear from your virtual shelves. While most of us had these games on GOG or elsewhere (now practically everyone here should have them) it is future account holders which will feel this loss most acutely. I am aware that Steam now also offer these games (Bethesda's doing?) but it is entirely different thing to get them DRM-free, with all the great extra goodies.

I'm still hopeful you guys and gals will wrangle some sort of a deal with Bethesda to keep them in your catalogue.
drmlessgames: Sorry if this has been answered before, but i dont get why theyre worried that the games will be removed from sale. Arx Fatalis is available here and that game is a Bethesda game.
chean: Arx Fatalis might be a special case, since it was here long before Arkane was "acquired" by Zenimax... given the latter's apparent love of DRM, wouldn't be surprised if it too disappears in the next year or two.
But Arx Fatalis is not being offered as free download because it might be removed from sale soon. I know it's a lot less high profile than the Fallout games, but it's still a Bethesda game now.
[accidentally double posted]
Post edited December 13, 2013 by dzylon
tryingnewstyle: But Arx Fatalis is not being offered as free download because it might be removed from sale soon. I know it's a lot less high profile than the Fallout games, but it's still a Bethesda game now.
Even if GoG knew that Arx Fatalis would have to be withdrawn (and I don't think they currently do, I was rather speculating based on this current situation), it doesn't seem comparable - as the situation with Fallout involves one publisher (Interplay) losing their rights at the end of the year, and thus having very little to lose by agreeing to a giveaway now; for GoG to do the same with A.F. they'd presumably either have to take the losses themselves, or get Zenimax to go along with it... both of which seem extremely unlikely.
Post edited December 13, 2013 by chean
Two of my favorite games ever, what an awesome promo! Thank you GOG, this ensures I will be a customer for life.
revanbh: While most of us had these games on GOG or elsewhere (now practically everyone here should have them) it is future account holders which will feel this loss most acutely. I am aware that Steam now also offer these games (Bethesda's doing?) but it is entirely different thing to get them DRM-free, with all the great extra goodies.
With so many of us stocking up on gift codes, we will be able to provide for future account holders for quite some time, I believe. :) And before our supply runs out, a new arrangement with Bethesda may still be achieved.

Not to mention that anyone who was even remotely interested in the franchise and didn't own the classic Fallouts yet must have them by now. Word about the giveaway has spread like wildfire. :)

I'm an optimist, shoot me. :)
Bring some votes on the Zenimax Inc deal to bring Bethesda games on GOG.com.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/strike_a_deal_w_zenimax_media_inc
The best ones! Thanks!
I regret buying these on Steam during the $5 collection sale, but only because I realize I should have bought them here instead.

You guys have forever won my support with this.
cpucrust: Thanks for the free Fallout titles GOG! As a veteran classic game player, I'm embarrassed to say that I've never played a Fallout title. Now I have no excuse not to play Fallout.
The closest to a Fallout game was watching friend play Fallout 3 on a Sony PS3.
Pica-Ludica: You're not alone, mate. :) Twenty years of gaming, and I've yet to clock a single hour on a Fallout game. But like you said, there's no excuse at all now for not playing the series. *looks sadly at her evergrowing game backlog* Who needs sleep anyway?
Let's just say >30 years of gaming for me and leave it at that! ;-)

Started with GOG in 2010 and had a modest backlog till this fall. Since addition of all my new titles from the last 'Insomnia' sale event, I'm not sure if it's humanly possible to play all the titles in my backlog!

I just need to pick which Fallout to start.
It will either be Fallout or Fallout 2 since Fallout Tactics doesn't look as appealing to me.
Thank you GOG!

I love these games!