It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE on GOG.com video

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by Chamb
438 days ago i joined GOG because of Fallout.
Its sad to see one of my all time favs disappear from here.
I hope that within the next days the games will find new friends.
BillyMaysFan59: On another note, I don't think this is the first time GOG had to remove a game from their catalog. Didn't they remove some Codemasters game a while back due to a licensing deal or something?
They have removed multiple games. http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_removed_from_GOG
Wish I could get them, but the website is screwed up.
Schnuff: 438 days ago i joined GOG because of Fallout.
Its sad to see one of my all time favs disappear from here.
I hope that within the next days the games will find new friends.
Time to stack up gift codes, so that the Fallout's alway remain :D
Never mind, seems like gifting was disabled for now. Kind of understandable.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by blotunga
Gog, I love you. I needed Fallout 1 and Tactics to finish my collection.
Take that, Bethesda.
BillyMaysFan59: On another note, I don't think this is the first time GOG had to remove a game from their catalog. Didn't they remove some Codemasters game a while back due to a licensing deal or something?
DragoonHP: They have removed multiple games. http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_removed_from_GOG
Whoa, I didn't know Chessmaster 9000 was removed! That caught me off guard... :/
I don't mind the site being slow. What is frustrating is losing a new post, or watching the circle spin for eternity. It's like the request gets lost, and the site just waits forever.
Today is my birthday (like really),
so an awesome Winter sale on GOG and all Fallouts for free is an incredible gift, thank you!!! :)
Hehe! Wil Wheaton posted about this promotion on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/itswilwheaton/posts/430392347087313
:-)
Great gift, but I keep getting Keaned when I try to get them. It reminds me of a very long duration version of the Fall sale freebies. I only need Tactics since I already have the other two.
I guess I'll keep trying.
While it is indeed a great promo in all - although I already own all three games - I can't wait for it to be over again so the servers will stabilize again. That said, I very much hope GOG will gain some new paying customers through it. Apparently, there are a good amount of people who come to GOG just during freebie season, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case again during this event. *le sigh*
Wow ! 3 classics for free ! Thanks a lot GOG !
(Going Out Of Business Commercial mode)
Attention GOG.com customers! Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!! Save a whopping 100% OFF all 3 Fallout titles FOR 48 HOURS ONLY!!!!!!! Get your holiday gift from us and PICK UP YOUR COPIES OF THESE GAMES WHILE THEY LAST!!! Enjoy old school RPG action in these critically acclaimed titles, but they won't be here long. Due to pending right holder change, Fallout will be gone forever. EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!!!!! So HURRY before these classic games are gone. Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! 100% off everything! DON'T MISS IT!
(/Going Out Of Business Commercial mode)
Spinorial: Terribly sorry to hear this, GOG :(

The Fallouts have been with us since before there was "us", when it was just you, in beta, and a handful of intrepid adventuring souls, bent on old-school goodness and DRM-freeness. And them bottlecaps were a big thing. The biggest thing! There's a good reason Fallout remained a bestseller to the end, and by Jove! so they shall remain!

You will be missed, Fallout! You too, Interplay, for all your failings and occasional outright stupidity. And you, Zenimax... the writing's on the wall. Carmack left, you've screwed over both Human Head and Arkane, you've botched a good part of your catalogue, and you will inevitably do so with the rest.

May the curse of the fate of The Old Republic befall your Elder Scrolls Online! It was only yesterday that I was watching your newest trailer and pondering its mediocrity. May your finances suffer and your shareholders wail! May your heads roll and boards crumble! We will again see the day when Doom, and Morrowind, and Wolfenstein, and Fallout are free of DRM and, GOG willing, free of you! May all the names you've exploited, squeezed dry, and thrown overboard rise up in their rightful majesty, labours of love and dedication, and not a cent of the windfall reach your pockets! It shall be so.
That's the greatest eulogy I"ve ever heard.

Kudos to you, good sir.
BillyMaysFan59: (Going Out Of Business Commercial mode)
Attention GOG.com customers! Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!! Save a whopping 100% OFF all 3 Fallout titles FOR 48 HOURS ONLY!!!!!!! Get your holiday gift from us and PICK UP YOUR COPIES OF THESE GAMES WHILE THEY LAST!!! Enjoy old school RPG action in these critically acclaimed titles, but they won't be here long. Due to pending right holder change, Fallout will be gone forever. EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!!!!! So HURRY before these classic games are gone. Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! 100% off everything! DON'T MISS IT!
(/Going Out Of Business Commercial mode)
Normally they will still provide you with the download link for your purchase and your games will stay on your shelf forever. You just won't be able to buy them here anymore.