It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Give us a 100-character Witcher story. Win official The Witcher t-shirts and wolfhead medallions!

Andrzej Sapkowski's fantasy saga upon which CD Projekt RED's The Witcher universe was built, consists of five novels. The legend of Geralt, however, began with a 1986 short story. Even in his very first feature, the white-haired monster hunter was already a complete and fully-developed character with unmistakable personality and demeanor. It's amazing just how well the debuting author managed to define the hero and his reality in such short form. This was 27 years ago, though, and the current forms of communication have taken a turn towards haiku-like limited form. It's amazing what people are able to convey within 140 character limit. One might imagine, that nowadays, you could see a complete fantasy short story in under--say--100 characters. In fact there's an example of one, just below this post (or, if you're reading this in our forums: here, on our Twitter).

Do you think you would manage to squeeze a Witcher story within 100-character limit? If you think you can, tweet it with the #GOGWitcherStory hashtag. That's 100 characters of the actual story + 16 characters of the hashtag. Alternatively, you can give us your story in the forum thread below. Naturally, the 100-character limit applies here just as well. Two entries per person tops (each of them still needs to be a separate, self-contained short short short story). Prizes? Of course there are prizes! Authors of the 3 best stories will receive exclusive The Witcher: Wild Hunt t-shirts, and wolf-head medallions. 4 runner-ups get just the medallions. All the winners will also get one $5.99 GOG.com gift-code, each. The deadline for submissions: Friday, October 18, 9:59AM GMT (the GMT part is important!).

Need some inspiration? Buy any game from GOG.com until Thursday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT, and you'll receive a free copy of the classic The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. All set? Get creative!
Post edited October 16, 2013 by G-Doc
Congrats to all the winners!
Post edited October 27, 2013 by Polly77
Oh wow. I've just been so busy, I didn't even see GOG post the winners. I'm super chuffed!

Thanks, GOG! I'm glad you liked my stories. :D
Just like the boxing... it's rigged!
This contest was a lot of fun. Thank you GOG for putting it together and congrats to all the winners =)
Hi!

I'm terribly sorry for the hold-up with sending out the prizes. I was on a sick leave, but I'm on it now and I'll be contacting all the winners today.
Thanks! I haven''t even noticed that I won 2nd tier. Great, now I'm super happy... :)
Post edited November 19, 2013 by LordCrash
G-Doc: Hi!

I'm terribly sorry for the hold-up with sending out the prizes. I was on a sick leave, but I'm on it now and I'll be contacting all the winners today.
No worries! As I said you by PM, I hope you got better by now.
G-Doc: Hi!

Hope you're doing better G-Doc. And thanks for the congratulations from everyone; hope you enjoyed it :-) .
Post edited November 19, 2013 by sjrahimian
Another bit of thread ressurection, sorry.

It doesn't feel quite right asking this but G-Doc is somewhat non-responsive in PMs - did you get your prizes (the physical ones) from this contest? Since I did not and I wonder if it is an eff-up by Czech postal service or something else. I was looking forward to that medallion :(
Nvm
Post edited June 16, 2014 by yyahoo
Alesh91: Another bit of thread ressurection, sorry.

It doesn't feel quite right asking this but G-Doc is somewhat non-responsive in PMs - did you get your prizes (the physical ones) from this contest? Since I did not and I wonder if it is an eff-up by Czech postal service or something else. I was looking forward to that medallion :(
I didn't receive my physical prizes either. I just assumed it was because I live in a third-world country where the postal service strikes every other day. Then again, I haven't contacted G-Doc to find out more, so the fault is entirely my own.