It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

misfire200: My answer to it was, send me a post link and prove yourself. I said if he was older than myself or had a higher rep, I would gladly trade "first"...

you know what the reply was....I got "no" reply hence he was not able to scam me.

So a couple precautions can save yourself a headache
...it sucks...but unless GOG implements a way to check people easier, that is about all you can do.
Exactly. I worry for the community, especially other new members who are unaware of the recent scamming. Several people have already lost their codes, i think the count is at least 5 different people.
misfire200: My answer to it was, send me a post link and prove yourself. I said if he was older than myself or had a higher rep, I would gladly trade "first"...

you know what the reply was....I got "no" reply hence he was not able to scam me.

So a couple precautions can save yourself a headache
...it sucks...but unless GOG implements a way to check people easier, that is about all you can do.
gameon: Exactly. I worry for the community, especially other new members who are unaware of the recent scamming. Several people have already lost their codes, i think the count is at least 5 different people.
Yeah, it is not good for the community with a couple of bad apples, and GOG's particular format does not help things. But even a simple "stickied" topic on the matter would not hurt. I am actually surprised GOG by now does not have a more robust search engine or ability to view profiles/prior posts easier. Heck, this is probably the only forum I regularly check that feels so out of date.

Just requires better policing....also if you get an offer from someone you cannot search for or find...post it in the classifieds and see if anyone else has gotten offers. I am pretty sure this trashbin fellow sent offers too multiple people probably offering whatever that person was asking and only involving steam.
[url=]http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/known_scammers[/url]
misfire200: Yeah, it is not good for the community with a couple of bad apples, and GOG's particular format does not help things. But even a simple "stickied" topic on the matter would not hurt. I am actually surprised GOG by now does not have a more robust search engine or ability to view profiles/prior posts easier. Heck, this is probably the only forum I regularly check that feels so out of date.

Just requires better policing....also if you get an offer from someone you cannot search for or find...post it in the classifieds and see if anyone else has gotten offers. I am pretty sure this trashbin fellow sent offers too multiple people probably offering whatever that person was asking and only involving steam.
On the first point, user profiles could help, because if someone didn't trade properly, people could add comments about them being untrustworthy. But GOG is concerned about selling games to us, and trades are 3rd party, so i doubt they need to do anything about it. Although Steam does allow trading of their own codes.

As for Policing, i've asked for "community mods" before to help clean up spam and look after the forumn in general. But if GOG cannot stop people like wakalo, then policing the forums wouldn't prevent the problem any more than we can right now.
There's got to be some way of posting feedback or something like that...

There are sites like Heatware that provide feedback services for forums, but I have no idea if they would mind us using it for our trades. It would be very easy for us to go back and add our own trades though.
Post edited October 23, 2012 by Foxhack
Well, as much as I don't like to suggest this, could make a list of those who have done trades and are in good standing, and blacklist anyone who scams someone making sure all know who they are. But, who knows how well that would work.

By the way:

Have:
Resonance (steam key)
Civilization V (steam trade)

Want:
Hotline Miami (gog)*
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (gog)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (gog)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (gog)
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition (steam-only one SecuRom free sadly, same price as Civ5 I think)*

*= looking for in particular

PM me if interested, actually the scam artist tried trading me my copy of Resonance for Blood Bowl. >.>
[H] 11 GOG games

Conquest of the New World
M.A.X. 1 & 2
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Shattered Steel
Screamer
Kingdom: The Far Reaches
VR Soccer '96
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Stonekeep
Earth Worm Jim 3D
Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 (key)

[W]

Any two of these:

MDK
MDK2
BioForge
Divine Divinity (First one)
SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division
Kingpin: Life of Crime

Will be later on today when paycheck comes through that I can buy the Interplay Bundle: The above that I'm offering will be duplicates for me.

BTW this is all eleven games for the two GOG games from my list above.
Post edited October 24, 2012 by carnival73
OK, I'm trying this again.

If anyone already has "M.A.X.", but not "Conquest of the New World", I'd be happy to give it to you in exchange for simply taking it off my hands and leaving me with MAX. However, to sweeten the deal I can now offer an additional code for "Giants" as well.

That's up to two games to you for absolutely nothing in return. Any takers?
Have :

Bards Tale (Steam) - Now includes the original trilogy

Want :

Freespace 2 (GOG)
[DATA EXPUNGED]

My thanks to K_1269 who just gifted me Theme Hospital! Unexpected and greatly appreciated.
Post edited October 25, 2012 by ABH20
Hello all...

Current Haves:

- Supreme Commander : Forged Alliance (Steam Product Code)
- Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box (Origin Product Code)
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Origin roduct Code)

Want: (Interest)

- From GOG : Spellforce 2 : Dragon Wars, Desperados II just too name a couple
- From Steam or wherever : Company of Heroes Opposing Forces (Currently #1 want), Dawn of War 2 Complete, Football Manager 2013

As usual I will send first to those users older or with higher rep than myself. Thank you.

Completed Trades : Heretic777 (5 steam for 5 GG/Steam games), Shure (BF3 for multiple games), danteveli (1 for 1), Alfie3000 (10 for $10). Thank you all immensely..
low rated
[H] Torchlight 1, 5x The ship Complete pack, 2 Red orchestra guest passes
[W] Paypal Money

I know i have low rep but i am willing to trade those for paypal money. I will certainly provide proof and anything else you'd like. Thank you for reading.
icecube1: snip
You're getting worse at this with every passing day...
Post edited October 24, 2012 by Licurg
icecube1: [H] Torchlight 1, 5x The ship Complete pack, 2 Red orchestra guest passes
[W] Paypal Money

I know i have low rep but i am willing to trade those for paypal money. I will certainly provide proof and anything else you'd like. Thank you for reading.
Ok then.
icecube1: [H] Torchlight 1, 5x The ship Complete pack, 2 Red orchestra guest passes
[W] Paypal Money

----------
Post edited October 24, 2012 by Heretic777