It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

more mac, More Mac, MOAR MAC!!!

That's right. We've added an actual bucket full of Mac games to our catalog today. No, really, we got a bucket, filled it, and then made all of those games Mac compatible. Man, the way we do business can be odd sometimes. As usual, if you got the Windows version of one of these games previously, you'll be granted the Mac OS X version without any additional payment. Check the complete list of our Mac/Win dual-system games here.

The new huge batch of games includes acclaimed titles old and new. Here's a little preview just to show off some of them.

<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TuDIy4ILdzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here's the full list of new additions:

Lords of the Realm 3
Septerra Core
Still Life 1
Expendable
Fallout Tactics
Mob Rule
Trine
Jagged Alliance 2
Jagged Alliance 2 Unfinished Business
Jack Keane
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Costume Quest
Enclave
Smugglers V
World of Aden: Thunderscape
Stacking
Nancy Drew Curse of the Blackmoor Manor
Rogue Trooper
Legend of Kyrandia
Legends of Kyrandia Hand of Fate
Legends of Kyrandia Malcolm's Revenge
Shadowman
Haegemonia Gold
Iron Storm
Atlantis 2
Divine Divinity
Wizardry 6+7
Wizardry 8
Runaway: A Road Adventure
Runaway: Dream of the Turtle
11th Hour
Beyond Divinity
Realms of Arkania 3
Strike Suit Zero
Original War

EDIT:
Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we needed to remove Daedalic Entertainment's The Whispered World from our Mac OS X lineup. We will offer a refund to anyone who bought the game between November 15 and November 20 2013, if they purchased the game based on Mac compatibility, and would like to get their money back. We're terribly sorry for this inconvenient situation!
vicklemos: little hardware survey:
what are your mac specs, goggers?
CrowTRobo: You won't be impressed as I'm still using a 2008 Macbook Pro. 15" matte screen, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT, 200GB hard drive. Currently running 10.6.8. I have a 2TB external hard drive for use with Time Machine and for storing my games from GOG.

I plan on upgrading the RAM to 4GB and then installing Mountain Lion or Maverick (more likely because its a free upgrade).

Oh, I also have this awesome solar powered wireless keyboard: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-solar-keyboard-k750-mac
damn
nice setup!
but isn't gaming (I know typing isn't) a little uncomfortable with this keyboard?
vicklemos: little hardware survey:
what are your mac specs, goggers?
CrowTRobo: You won't be impressed as I'm still using a 2008 Macbook Pro. 15" matte screen, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT, 200GB hard drive. Currently running 10.6.8. I have a 2TB external hard drive for use with Time Machine and for storing my games from GOG.

I plan on upgrading the RAM to 4GB and then installing Mountain Lion or Maverick (more likely because its a free upgrade).

Oh, I also have this awesome solar powered wireless keyboard: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-solar-keyboard-k750-mac
That's the model Macbook Pro I had, until it broke down a few days back. You definitely should upgrade the RAM to 4GB. I finally did that myself last year and it made a huge difference. I put so many hours on that thing that I am honestly surprised it didn't break down sooner. I was a bit dismayed at first but then I realized that this was the first breakdown I have had in almost 30 years of using Mac's (have been using them since 1984 when they released the first Macintosh). Already ordered a replacement but the damn thing is back ordered on Amazon. I am on my wife's windows laptop right now and its driving me mad. Gotta have my OSX.
htown1980: I have crossover. I used it a couple of times but had a problem with extreme screen flicker. I emailed them and they said it was a problem they were working on. I haven't used it since. I have found using wine to be so much easier and more reliable.
IIRC, the screen flickering problem was due to some display driver level changes made to the OS in Lion that caused some issues for other apps. In most (but sadly not all) cases, setting ddr=gdi using regedit cleared them up. The new Mac-native display driver for WINE used by CrossOver (and later introduced into WINE) pretty much solved that (again for most cases).

htown1980: It was about a year ago. It is ok being able to download pre made bottles but I have found that often they don't have bottles for games that I play (mainly gog) or better bottles can be found elsewhere - porting team or paulthetall (or made myself). I still don't have a clue how to make a bottle but every time a need one, I google then somehow work out how to do it
dirtyharry50: I took a look at Playonmac last night and they certainly have a lot of GOGs listed plus a bunch of other games that are supposedly ready to go but then someone above reported they didn't see consistently reliable results when they tried that.

I've already had good results so far with Wineskin so I'll probably stick with that although I am going to investigate and try out Crossover as I think a purchase with them supports Wine development which would add to the value of paying for it for me. I need to search there for what they support, etc. and spend some time seeing how useful it might really be to me but that takes a while.
If you can spare the cash, I really recommend pitching into CrossOver; not only does CodeWeavers support such valuable services like the AppDB, but all of their work on WINE goes right back into the WINE codebase.

I've got mixed feelings about PlayOnMac. While I applaud their efforts and like the fact that they have GOG titles listed in their installer database, when I last tried it (admittedly a couple of years ago) I wasn't impressed. The UI for the installer wasn't very good (IMO), and its install size was huge compared to CrossOver or Wineskin.
rampancy: If you can spare the cash, I really recommend pitching into CrossOver; not only does CodeWeavers support such valuable services like the AppDB, but all of their work on WINE goes right back into the WINE codebase.
I take it this has changed from before? Years ago CrossOver was generally more broken than WINE, had some custom fixes for a few games and rarely pushed anything upstream.
rampancy: If you can spare the cash, I really recommend pitching into CrossOver; not only does CodeWeavers support such valuable services like the AppDB, but all of their work on WINE goes right back into the WINE codebase.
Gydion: I take it this has changed from before? Years ago CrossOver was generally more broken than WINE, had some custom fixes for a few games and rarely pushed anything upstream.
I'm not sure where this myth that CodeWavers is ripping off WINE or is leeching off of WINE's efforts continues to circulate; not only does CodeWeavers host the WINE website and the AppDB, but they helped to develop the native Mac driver that's in the WINE codebase today. Additionally, Alexandre Juilliard, the project leader for WINE, is CodeWeavers' CTO.

I guess the notion that CrossOver lagged behind WINE development came out of the fact that in the past, CrossOver would use the stable builds of WINE (e.g. the 1.4.x series) versus the more current unstable developer builds (e.g. the 1.5.x series). That actually has changed, as CX13 is based off of WINE 1.7.4, since 1.7.x is the current developer version.

vicklemos: damn
nice setup!
but isn't gaming (I know typing isn't) a little uncomfortable with this keyboard?
So far I haven't run into any issues using that keyboard for games. The numpad comes in real handy, especially for DOS games. Boxer has a numpad emulator, but I couldn't get used to it.

RighteousNixon: I am on my wife's windows laptop right now and its driving me mad. Gotta have my OSX.
Hah, I know how you feel. When I use a Windows laptop, one of the reasons I get so frustrated is because I can't use the gestures on the trackpad. Especially when trying to scroll. I can't stand the little scrolling "strip" of those pads.

Not sure how I feel about the new Macbook trackpads without a button. I tried it out at the Apple store and clicking the pad itself just felt weird.
vicklemos: damn
nice setup!
CrowTRobo: So far I haven't run into any issues using that keyboard for games. The numpad comes in real handy, especially for DOS games. Boxer has a numpad emulator, but I couldn't get used to it.

RighteousNixon: I am on my wife's windows laptop right now and its driving me mad. Gotta have my OSX.
CrowTRobo: Hah, I know how you feel. When I use a Windows laptop, one of the reasons I get so frustrated is because I can't use the gestures on the trackpad. Especially when trying to scroll. I can't stand the little scrolling "strip" of those pads.

Not sure how I feel about the new Macbook trackpads without a button. I tried it out at the Apple store and clicking the pad itself just felt weird.
Personally, I would hold off of upgrading from Snow Leopard. I would say there's no amount of RAM that will get your performance back (I have 8GB of 1600 mHz on my MacBook Pro 2012 without retina), at least as far as the operating system on its own goes. I would also consider getting a hybrid drive like the SeaGate Momentus. Make sure you have a fan app that can keep your temperature low. I wish I had concentrated on keeping mine cooler (the solder between the the processor and graphics card failed). I already had a fan app, but I probably needed a more thorough approach (like maybe a stand with fans built- in).

I agree that the newer style trackpad feels weird at first, but you do get used to it. I don't think you'll perform quite as well with it (I haven't played as many high performance(mechanics-wise) games with my new laptop in general, to be fair), but on the plus side it's bigger and right(two-finger)-clicks are much easier. Oh and gestures are definitely handy, occasionally.

I miss my 2007 MacBook Pro so much...

How does the keyboard feel, by the way? Does it feel like the standard chiclet apple-style remote keyboard? I find the wired/wireless apple one a bit clumsy and touchy myself (the MacBook Pro's keyboard is still very good -- maybe better than before--, though). If it offered something like softer keystrokes and felt more stable I would definitely consider picking it up.
elus89: Personally, I would hold off of upgrading from Snow Leopard. I would say there's no amount of RAM that will get your performance back (I have 8GB of 1600 mHz on my MacBook Pro 2012 without retina), at least as far as the operating system on its own goes.

I miss my 2007 MacBook Pro so much...

How does the keyboard feel, by the way? Does it feel like the standard chiclet apple-style remote keyboard? I find the wired/wireless apple one a bit clumsy and touchy myself (the MacBook Pro's keyboard is still very good -- maybe better than before--, though). If it offered something like softer keystrokes and felt more stable I would definitely consider picking it up.
Did you upgrade past Snow Leopard on your 2007 MacBook Pro? I'm guessing you experienced a reduction in performance?

I've never used the remote keyboard so can't make a direct comparison, but I think the keystrokes feel similar to my MacBook Pro, just the keys are spaced out more. At the store I bought it (Best Buy), they had a sample out so I could test how it feels. Even if you plan on buying online, perhaps a local store has one on display that you can check out? Even if they only have the Windows version - which I would assume is exactly the same except for a different set of keys (and its black instead of white).
Don't know why Jagged Alliance 2 were ported, but JA1 wasn't... It's soooo much harder to port Windows game, then just a wrap a DOS game in Boxer/DosBox...

But thanks anyway. Will be waiting. :)