It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I uninstall AVG whenever I find it, it's garbage. Avast is a good alternative with free ones.
IronArcturus: Recently Avast Antivirus is detecting that many GOG uninstall files have malware in them "Win32:Malware-gen". Avast says the severity is high. The infected files are "unins000.exe" files which belong to various GOG games such as Alien Shooter 2, Anachronox, Carmageddon and many others. Is there a problem with these files? How can this be fixed?
What is the version number of Avast you are using? Only I've just scanned Unins000.exe for Alien Shooter 2 using Avast and it came up no virus found. I have the following version of Avast:

Program: 8.0.1497
Engine and virus definitions: 140302-1 (dated today)
triock: I uninstall AVG whenever I find it, it's garbage. Avast is a good alternative with free ones.
AVG used to be okay, until it became bloated. I then moved to Avast. Avast also outperforms AVG on a number of tests on the AV Comparatives site. Well, it did the last time I checked which was a few months ago, not looked since then.
Post edited March 02, 2014 by korell
IronArcturus: Recently Avast Antivirus is detecting that many GOG uninstall files have malware in them "Win32:Malware-gen". Avast says the severity is high. The infected files are "unins000.exe" files which belong to various GOG games such as Alien Shooter 2, Anachronox, Carmageddon and many others. Is there a problem with these files? How can this be fixed?
korell: What is the version number of Avast you are using? Only I've just scanned Unins000.exe for Alien Shooter 2 using Avast and it came up no virus found. I have the following version of Avast:

Program: 8.0.1497
Engine and virus definitions: 140302-1 (dated today)
triock: I uninstall AVG whenever I find it, it's garbage. Avast is a good alternative with free ones.
korell: AVG used to be okay, until it became bloated. I then moved to Avast. Avast also outperforms AVG on a number of tests on the AV Comparatives site. Well, it did the last time I checked which was a few months ago, not looked since then.
I re-updated Avast again and rescanned the files and it said they were ok. It must have been a false positive before, but it looks like Avast fixed it.
Personally I use Kaspersky. Not TOO pricey, tends to find malware before others (sometimes up to a week before MSE based on testing at work) and rather low overhead. But like all things, personal taste comes first :)
saramakos: Personally I use Kaspersky. Not TOO pricey, tends to find malware before others (sometimes up to a week before MSE based on testing at work) and rather low overhead. But like all things, personal taste comes first :)
I tried Kaspersky, I like it but I find that it uses too much CPU and memory on my computer.