It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm not even close to the first person to make this joke, but I'm doing it anyway.

1920x1080 (TV)
2560x1440 (PC)
1920x1200 (Tablet)

I don't do the "other" resolutions. Its setting yourself up for failure anyway.
We need more brave Goglodytes.
XYCat: I have a couple of ideas but since I probably be working solo and I have no experience in coding I'll probably focus on making a humorous adventure/rpg in rpg maker or a simple stealth game in gamemaker. Nothing too big so I hope it might actually get done.
_Slaugh_: You can take a look at <span class="bold">GameMaker: Studio</span>, it lets you make games with minimal knowledge, and has a large community. Keep in mind that for all the games you'll make, you'll have to use scripting languages, even with RPG Maker. There's a free version of GameMaker: Studio if you want to try it (the Standard edition). There's also the Professional edition (now at 49.99$) and a Master Collection for "serious" designers (it's highly expensive though, 799.99$, and the Standard and Professional versions are more than enough to get started). Take a look at the website, there's a <span class="bold">showcase of games</span> made with the software, a lots of <span class="bold">tutorials</span> and <span class="bold">projects</span>, and a <span class="bold">complete guide</span> to help you with your first projects.

Hotline Miami, Stealth Bastard, Home, Risk of Rain, God will be Watching, Gunpoint, Spelunky, See no Evil, Valdis Story, Another Perspective and Starship Corporation are all games that were developed with GameMaker: Studio.

About The Game Maker Company (YoYo Games), who are behind this product:

The Game Maker Company is located in Utrecht in the Netherlands. Its goal is to assist individuals and companies in creating exciting games on various platforms. It does so by participating in game development companies and by providing advise, writing papers and books, and even creating games itself. The company is run by Mark Overmars who has had a long history in the design and development of games, as a university professor, a hobbyist, and an enterpreneur.
_Slaugh_: I've attached 5 screenshots of the interface, including the tutorial ones.
Yeah I actually have a game maker pro license, or at least I think it's pro. It might be an older version of the software now that I look at their website but hopefully not that old. They made a giveaway last year for the standard edition and then there was a giveaway for the pro upgrade which I got as well. Although I might probably need some tutorials on how to do stuff with this software since it's obviously not for like total meganoobs like myself.
_Slaugh_: (snip)
XYCat: Yeah I actually have a game maker pro license, or at least I think it's pro. It might be an older version of the software now that I look at their website but hopefully not that old. They made a giveaway last year for the standard edition and then there was a giveaway for the pro upgrade which I got as well. Although I might probably need some tutorials on how to do stuff with this software since it's obviously not for like total meganoobs like myself.
For Unity tutorials, check these two softwares on Steam, they're very cheap and both have positive reviews:

<span class="bold">GTGD S1: More Than a Gamer</span>:

" In-depth Game Dev Tutorials If you've been dreaming of making a computer game then you've come to the right place. GTGD S1 is an in-depth set of video tutorials through which you will develop an awesome little multiplayer FPS from scratch, using Unity free. "

<span class="bold">GTGD S2: Just One Dev</span>

" Welcome to GTGD S2 the awesome sequel to GTGD S1, the video tutorial learning package that helps a gamer turn their dream of developing a game into reality. "
huN73R: New year resolutions are pointless. If you know something you ought to fix and actually want to, you should start right away. Making resolutions and waiting for a new year to arrive to follow through is just lazy.
Unless your new year resolution is to not make new year's resolutions, in which case you've fallen into a paradox. Hopefully this is the only Paradox title I fall into in 2015 :)
I think that this year's resolution will be the same that this year's: 1920x1080 xD
Edit: It seems I am not the only master of humour here :'(
Post edited December 17, 2014 by javihyuga
javihyuga: I think that this year's resolution will be the same that this year's: 1920x1080 xD
You are all equally special.
javihyuga: I think that this year's resolution will be the same that this year's: 1920x1080 xD
We've been making these jokes for years. At least I did. As for the other type of resolutions, I say: "Do or do not. There is no resolution."
realkman666: You are all equally special.
Special like the cereal or special like that neighbour child who puts his crayons into his ears?
time to make those resolutions people ;)
Again: quit smoking, buying a new PC (though i think the second resolution might be easier than the first one)
I would say give up smoking, drinking, and wasting too much time playing video games, but why set for myself goals I'll never achieve?

So... I resolve to drink more, smoke more, and waste more time playing video games. I think that one's possible. Gotta have goals, after all.
I wanna jog more often. I am to lazy, after all.