It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

3840x2160@120Hz

I know I'm deaming :p.
for the coming 4 5 years yeah you are
No resolutions for me, because I don't understand why we need a specific day to decide to change. I can choose my resolutions the 364 other days of the year !

But if I had to choose :
- Find a job
- Have a new PC
- Play only DRM-free games (the easiest)
I don't need a resolution for not buying games with DRM, since that is something that I already practice. On the other hand, not buying games at all is not something I am ready to commit to at a time when DRM-free games are undergoing a new boom and not just with old games, some of which are getting a DRM-free treatment (e.g. the excellent King's Bouty series), but also new ones... Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Nuemera, Divinity: Original Sin...

I will have a bunch of non-gaming resolutions, though, things that will include losing weight and stuff like that.
XYCat: I actually wish to make my own little game so let's just hope it happens in 2015
_Slaugh_: What kind of game are you planning to make?

justanoldgamer: Invent a time machine.
_Slaugh_: Too late, there's already one! :-D

<span class="bold">Bob's Prop Shop - Delorean Time Machine for Sale</span>

Dr. Emmett Brown:
" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit. "

I have a couple of ideas but since I probably be working solo and I have no experience in coding I'll probably focus on making a humorous adventure/rpg in rpg maker or a simple stealth game in gamemaker. Nothing too big so I hope it might actually get done.
_Slaugh_: What kind of game are you planning to make?
XYCat: I have a couple of ideas but since I probably be working solo and I have no experience in coding I'll probably focus on making a humorous adventure/rpg in rpg maker or a simple stealth game in gamemaker. Nothing too big so I hope it might actually get done.
You can take a look at <span class="bold">GameMaker: Studio</span>, it lets you make games with minimal knowledge, and has a large community. Keep in mind that for all the games you'll make, you'll have to use scripting languages, even with RPG Maker. There's a free version of GameMaker: Studio if you want to try it (the Standard edition). There's also the Professional edition (now at 49.99$) and a Master Collection for "serious" designers (it's highly expensive though, 799.99$, and the Standard and Professional versions are more than enough to get started). Take a look at the website, there's a <span class="bold">showcase of games</span> made with the software, a lots of <span class="bold">tutorials</span> and <span class="bold">projects</span>, and a <span class="bold">complete guide</span> to help you with your first projects.

Hotline Miami, Stealth Bastard, Home, Risk of Rain, God will be Watching, Gunpoint, Spelunky, See no Evil, Valdis Story, Another Perspective and Starship Corporation are all games that were developed with GameMaker: Studio.

About The Game Maker Company (YoYo Games), who are behind this product:
The Game Maker Company is located in Utrecht in the Netherlands. Its goal is to assist individuals and companies in creating exciting games on various platforms. It does so by participating in game development companies and by providing advise, writing papers and books, and even creating games itself. The company is run by Mark Overmars who has had a long history in the design and development of games, as a university professor, a hobbyist, and an enterpreneur.
I've attached 5 screenshots of the interface, including the tutorial ones.
Attachments:
gms-1.jpg (355 Kb)
gms-2.jpg (370 Kb)
gms-3.jpg (156 Kb)
gms-4.jpg (365 Kb)
gms-5.jpg (300 Kb)
Dzsono: You're thinking of 30fps ;)
snowkatt: and i cant see the difference betwee 30 and 60 fps
"blessed are the ignorant eyes"

My hifi eyes are demanding IPS 144hz screen, which arent really around. There are those korean overclockable screens, but i am not too keen on trying the lottery. we'll see. Anyhow, life would be easier if i couldnt see the difference between TN and IPS, <60Hz and >60Hz :(

atleast i dont have hifi ears - now those would be expensive.
snowkatt: and i cant see the difference betwee 30 and 60 fps
iippo: "blessed are the ignorant eyes"

My hifi eyes are demanding IPS 144hz screen, which arent really around. There are those korean overclockable screens, but i am not too keen on trying the lottery. we'll see. Anyhow, life would be easier if i couldnt see the difference between TN and IPS, <60Hz and >60Hz :(

ignorant is a big word ;p
but 3D stereoscopic or otherwise gives me a headache and makes me motion sick
so its probably something to do with that
Eat less bad foods and finish up on my manga book I stop doing almost 2 years ago.. lol
iippo: "blessed are the ignorant eyes"

snowkatt: ignorant is a big word ;p
ive studied land surveying and had to stare my share at 3d stereo/ortho workstations.. stereograms and such are usually pretty easy for my eyes: https://louisdietvorst.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/stereogram.jpg

--

my friends ex couldnt even watch someone else play any fps or driving game for years. dunno how she got used to them, but at some point i noticed she had started playing cod :S
snowkatt: ignorant is a big word ;p
iippo: ive studied land surveying and had to stare my share at 3d stereo/ortho workstations.. stereograms and such are usually pretty easy for my eyes: https://louisdietvorst.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/stereogram.jpg

--

my friends ex couldnt even watch someone else play any fps or driving game for years. dunno how she got used to them, but at some point i noticed she had started playing cod :S
yeah i cant see anything in that just visual garbage
iippo: ive studied land surveying and had to stare my share at 3d stereo/ortho workstations.. stereograms and such are usually pretty easy for my eyes: https://louisdietvorst.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/stereogram.jpg

--

snowkatt: yeah i cant see anything in that just visual garbage
two guys in boxing ring, one (on right) hitting the other.
snowkatt: yeah i cant see anything in that just visual garbage
iippo: two guys in boxing ring, one (on right) hitting the other.
...seriously ?

i thought i saw a knight on a horse but i cant see boxers in it
My resolution would be to finally buy these computer parts and make my gaming computer already!
iippo: two guys in boxing ring, one (on right) hitting the other.
snowkatt: ...seriously ?

i thought i saw a knight on a horse but i cant see boxers in it
seriously.