It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

j0ekerr: So many bundles, and yet, when I saw them, and all I could muster was...

Hmm, I really have no interest in M&M. The STALKER games might be interesting, but I'm not a FPS nut. If they were a bit more rpg-like I could see them as fallout 3 look-alikes, which would make me salivate at the mouth.

So that leaves me with Gabriel and Age of Wonders. I have no idea about those. How good is the Gabriel series at making you crap your pants? And how good is age of wonders at making you go: "just one more turn, honest" at 4am with bloodshot manic eyes?
Get Gabriel - at least the first 2 (3 sucks). The rework of GK1 is worth the sale price and 2 is my favorite game after Krondor. I replay it at least once a year. I went to Germany for that game.

Oh, wait... let me gift those for ya...
Any opinions on the Populous games? They are not on my secret santa wishlist, so I could buy them :D
Hey Crow, Halfway is coming up next, Are you going to get it to wash away the taste of pigeon poop?
Post edited December 08, 2014 by j0ekerr
oo. I think I worked it out. I just checked the witcher 2 on my shelf and it say AU on the end. Looks like . somehow.. Inow can buy the uncensored version! Anyone else managed to have two different region versions of the witcher 2 on their shelf?
katya_stevens: Bundle bonanza day:

The good: I can get Reprisal Universe on the cheap
The bad: The bundle includes Reus which I already have in two other places :D
LaPtiteBete: Is it good ?... REUS... It looks a bit repetitive ?...
Well, I won't buy any bundle today ; despite the amount, no real interest or new thing... good for my wallet...
I find Reus to be quite fun, though my personal thoughts are that its inclusion in the God genre is a bit mixed. Yes, it is a God game in the sense of getting your giants to manipulate the environment but it also includes some puzzle or resource strategy elements. For instance, putting a specific plant next to a specific animal will give bonuses -- that might be extra food, some awe, or increase the wealth on specific sections.

This is one game where gaining achievements unlocks various elements. Accomplishing buildings in each village can give you an ambassador, which unlocks different skills for your giants. One skill is the ability to transmodify ores, animals, and plants -- to get higher achievements you need to be able to transmute various items into things you unlock from earlier achievements. An example: The forest giant can create rabbits. With the right ambassador on the right giant, finishing an era with 100 prosperity in a forest village allows you to turn those rabbits into deer. Those deer offer better aspects and options, allowing you to get more food/awe under specific situations and circumstances.

It's also rather specifically set up. The game offers 30 minute sections (available at the start), 60 minutes, and 120 minutes (these two unlocked via progression/achievements). Also, there's an endless option but achievements can't be obtained there. The strict time options could be good or bad depending on point of view, as well as the included puzzle/resource strategy elements.

I think the top review on the store page has it pretty accurate. It's a decent game in what it is, but it's not anything like some of the old, great God games.
HeDanny: Anyone else managed to have two different region versions of the witcher 2 on their shelf?
This guy.
DAY FIVE - ATTACK OF THE REPEATS.

BUNDLES - THE SAME STUFF YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN, ONLY WITH A FEW EXTRAS THIS TIME (THAT MIGHT BE BUNDLES YOU'VE SEEN IN OTHER SALES) PLEASE TRY TO CONTAIN YOURSELVES. -

Might and Magic Series -
Might and Magic 1-9, Crusaders of Might and Magic - $8.45 (normal price - $33.95 - 75% off)

Godmode Bundle -
Populous 1-3, Reus, Reprisal Universe - $9.45 (normal price - $37.95 - 75% off)

Gabriel Knight Classic -
Gabriel Knight 1-3 - $4.47 (normal price - $17.97 - 75% off)

Settling For Less (Oh, you wacky GOG funsters. Any sale that isn't Insomnia feels just like that. =) ) -
Settlers 2-5, Settlers 2 10th Anniversary Edition - $12.45 (normal price - $49.95 - 75% off)

Ultimate D&D Collection -
Baldur's Gate 1-2, Icewind Dale 1-2, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights 1-2, Dragonshard, Demon Stone, Temple of Elemental Evil - $21.10 (normal price - $105.90 - 80% off)

STALKER Zone -
STALKER 1-3 - $12.47 (normal price - $49.97 - 75% off)

City Builder Bundle -
Pharoah, Zeus, Caesar, Children of the Nile - $7.16 (normal price - $35.96 - 80% off)

Witcher Tag Team -
Witcher 1-2 - $4.48 (normal price - $29.98 - 85% off)

The Gamers Series Pack -
The Gamers 1-5 - $9.45 (normal price - $37.95 - 75% off)

Sid Meier's Pack -
Alpha Centauri, Colonization, Covert Action, Pirates, Silent Service - $5.95 (normal price - $29.95 - 80% off)

Daedalic Adventures -
Same disclaimer as before - This bundle is regionally priced. Depending on region, you might not get the 85% discount.
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, Memoria, Night of the Rabbit, Journey of a Roach - $11.21 (normal price - $74.96 - 85% off)

Age of Wonders Pack -
Age of Wonders 1-2, Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic - $6.47 (normal price - $25.97 - 75% off)

Rayman Series -
Rayman 1-3, Rayman Origins - $9.46 (normal price - $37.96 - 75% off)

Loads of Larry Love -
Leisure Suit Larry 1-6, Love for Sail, Magna Cum Laude - $4.37 (normal price - $21.97 - 80% off)

FPS Icons -
Sin Gold, Blood, Unreal Tournament 2004, Duke Nukem 3D - $6.36 (normal price - $31.96 - 80% off)

Dungeon Crawlers -
Legend of Grimrock, Wizardry 6-8, Ultima Underworld 1-2 - $7.36 (normal price - $36.96 - 80% off)

Flash Sales (PRICES MAY VARY BY REGION. ALL PRICES LISTED ARE U.S. BASED.) -

Gray Matter - $1.99 (normal price - $9.99 - 80% off)
Halfway - $6.49 (normal price - $12.99 - 50% off) -regionally priced-
Mind: Path to Thalamus - $5.19 (normal price - $12.99 - 60% off)
Blitzkrieg Anthology - $1.19 (normal price - $5.99 - 80% off)
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms - $1.49 (normal price - $5.99 - 75% off)
Olliolli - $3.29 (normal price - $12.99 - 75% off) -regionally priced-
Far Cry - $2.49 (normal price - $9.99 - 75% off)
Tesla Effect - $3.99 (normal price - $19.99 - 80% off)
Broken Age Season Pass - $9.99 (normal price - $24.99 - 60% off) -regionally priced-
King's Bounty The Legend - $1.99 (normal price - $9.99 - 80% off)
Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles - $2.99 (normal price - $19.99 - 85% off) -regionally priced-
Spacecom - $4.99 (normal price - $14.99 - 67% off) -regionally priced-
Terraria - $1.99 (normal price - $9.99 - 80% off)
Blackwell Epiphany - $3.79 (normal price - $14.99 - 75% off)
Shadow Warrior 2013 - $3.99 (normal price - $39.99 - 90% off) -regionally priced-
Unreal Tournament GOTY - $2.49 (normal price - $9.99 - 75% off)
Syberia 2 - $1.99 (normal price - $9.99 - 80% off)
Shadow Man - $1.49 (normal price - $5.99 - 75% off)
Zafehouse: Diaries - $1.99 (normal price - $9.99 - 80% off)
Eador: Masters of the Broken World - $3.99 (normal price - $19.99 - 80% off)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut - $7.49 (normal price - $14.99 - 50% off)
Risen - $1.99 (normal price - $9.99 - 80% off)
Good Game - $1.19 (normal price - $5.99 - 80% off)
Trine Enchanted Edition - $2.99 (normal price - $14.99 - 80% off)
Quest For Infamy - $5.99 (normal price - $19.99 - 70% off)
Tales of Maj'Eyal - $3.49 (normal price - $6.99 - 50% off)
Chronology - $2.49 (normal price - $4.99 - 50% off)
Pixel Piracy - $2.49 (normal price - $9.99 - 75% off)
Raiden 3 Digital Edition - $4.99 (normal price - $9.99 - 50% off)
Xenonauts - $12.49 (normal price - $24.99 - 50% off)
The Basement - $1.99 (normal price - $5.99 - 67% off)
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut - $2.49 (normal price - $24.99 - 90% off)
Pixeljunk Shooter - $0.89 (normal price - $8.99 - 90% off)
Shadowgate Special Edition - $10.49 (normal price - $29.99 - 65% off)
Divinity Original Sin - $26.79 (normal price - $39.99 - 33% off) -regionally priced-
Austin High - $1.19 (normal price - $5.99 - 80% off)
Post edited December 09, 2014 by CarrionCrow
moonshineshadow: Any opinions on the Populous games? They are not on my secret santa wishlist, so I could buy them :D
Well they're God Games, of which I only ever played the original one, on my megadrive.

I wasn't much of a fan, not when I could play Ghouls 'n Ghosts, which was order of magnitude more awesome to 10 year old me. I found it far too slow paced and boring, the follower battles were dull, and there wasn't much to do. And it was difficult to control. That however could be due to the gamepad.
innocuous77: I'm trying to find the zazz... I think the best I can do is sit in class and giggle at my students while they're taking THE MOST IMPORTANT TEST IN THE WORLD... (or at least that's what they tell me).

Kill me now?
Stilton: I couldn't kill a cute little blue-eyed kitty like that, unless those gray spots are contagious....
Cat? I honestly thought innocuos77's avatar was an owl...
Stilton: I couldn't kill a cute little blue-eyed kitty like that, unless those gray spots are contagious....
LeoLR: Cat? I honestly thought innocuos77's avatar was an owl...
I also agree to the owl theory :P
innocuous77: We're safe - I'm rubbing his tummy and counting the spots. Wait... what's that on my hand...?
Stilton: Okay, I've got a club or an axe, which'll it be? For the kitty, I mean...
He's evil - I think only a +2 axe can damage him. And then, he only purrs and wonders why his food dish is empty...
thanks real.geizterfahr. I'll totally buy it again then. Fingers crossed it works out. That's pretty cool on gogs part.

I am assuming this is an "accident", and not just an accident. Could be wrong.
Woohoo!! :D Looks like I got back home just in time for Alan Wake!

Just got the kitties taken care of and waiting for the wood stove to get the house warm. >.< The hubby is at work ( he has the card ) so told him what was currently up and he said he'd call me in a bit less than two hours to make sure and help me get that dang game. He'll be off work when the game is off the list... >.<

...so if I can get that game, I'll just hold off on the DLC, American Nightmare. Looks like he's going to be interested in a couple of the bundles up but wants a better look at 'em when he gets home.

...yes, I talk a lot about my hubby. ...and no, I'm not ashamed of it. Since I moved over here ( I'm from the US ), it's been difficult trying to get all things set up and a bank account has been one of them. Two more years and I'll be able to change my name since if I did it before I became a citizen, I'd have to pay to get a new passport and stuff so may as well do that when I have my citizenship.

And now.... I would like to cuddle with the cats, have some yogurt, and then get a dang nap! ....dozed off on the bus back over....that was embarrassing...
Does that mean I'm wise? Cool
moonshineshadow: Any opinions on the Populous games? They are not on my secret santa wishlist, so I could buy them :D
Haven't played any of them, but the mere fact they're not on your Secret Santa wishlist is reason enough, I"d say. ;-P

Haha, you're a cat with a bird avatar, and innocuous 77 is a bird with a cat avatar? ↁ_ↁ