It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Save up to 80% on 600+ games as we reprise our first week's 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sales!

Whatever your location and beliefs might be, the Winter Solstice and the time around it is usually a time of celebration. And if you are a gamer, there's even more reason to celebrate! It's the time of year when the prices of the games you've been eyeing for the whole year drop magically (or scientifically, if you prefer, or maybe miraculously even), making all those fantastic titles so much more affordable. It's like a festive game-shopping spree, that happens around the time of the Solstice. It's like--like--Festivmas! Yes, a gaming [url=http://www.gog.com/xmas13]2013 Solstice Festivmas! A name as good as any other, because what's important it's the celebration itself. Today, on GOG.com we offer you dozens of special deals, simultanously! We realize that our server-hiccup prevented some of you from picking up their favorites in the first hours of the our promotion. Once again, we're very sorry about that. That's even more reason to make all the offers and bundles featured in the first week of GOG.com 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, and more, available for 24 hours for your convenience.

That's not all! FREE GAMES! Do we have your attention? We know that a lot of you wanted to see what the three special deals were for you each day, and didn't like that you didn't have more idea what you're picking. So we've changed our daily deals so now you can see what's games you can pick from, with the element of surprise limited to the amount of discount you'll be getting. It might by 100%, by the way, as we're adding in a bunch of free games to our daily surprises, so be sure to check them out in case there's a free game waiting for you just a click away!

This special mid-sale discount-fest, or 2013 Solstice Festivmas if you will, lasts until Thursday, December 19, at 1:59PM GMT. We'd also like to remind you, that all purchases are now covered with our Worldwide 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, so this should be the safest on-line shopping spree you'll ever go on!

Happy Winter Solstice, everyone!

NOTICE
Heads-up! The following special deals are making their final appearance today, in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale:
The BIG Ones
Collected Bullfrog Classics
Ultraviolence Uberpack
Dungeons and Dragons Desire
Roguelikelike Bundlelike
Might and Magic Legends
Deep in the Dungeons
Mystique and Mysterious
The Joy of Platforming
Charge-up and Go!
Space Sim Succession
To Infinity and Beyond

This is your final call for those!
joelandsonja: Lame ... It's called CHRISTmas ...
Sorry, it's called Solstice. Or Hanukkah. Or Hogswatch. Or Festivus. Or Yule. Or Dies Natalis Solis Invicti. Or Malkh. Or many other things. Don't assume your religion is the only one.

(Apologies to any religions I missed, or those that I messed up the days).
It was the solstice long before it was co-opted by a religion (Mithra worship), from which it was then co-opted again (Christianity). But yeah, facts are hard.

EDIT: For bonus points, try and see what astronomical calendar event Easter coincides with.
Post edited December 19, 2013 by IAmSinistar
What's wrong? An entire thread dedicated to showing how misguided you are isn't enough for you?
low rated
Shaolin_sKunk: What's wrong? An entire thread dedicated to showing how misguided you are isn't enough for you?
I won't be happy until I convert everyone to my way of thinking and we all celebrate Christmas, regardless of your religion. You must conform to my views and opinion ... simply because I am right and you are wrong.

Plus, I want to see how many negative Rep points I can get on my profile ...
Post edited December 19, 2013 by joelandsonja
You do realize that the celebration of the Winter Solstice is a pagan tradition that pre-dates Christianity? Like Easter, it was incorporated into Christian mythos and adopted as a Christian practice, but it's much, much older.
joelandsonja: I won't be happy until I convert everyone to my way of thinking and we all celebrate Christmas, regardless of your religion. You must conform to my views and opinion ... simply because I am right and you are wrong.
I can't imagine the taste of sand would be all that palatable, I wouldn't enjoy becoming an easy target for sodomizers either.

Or would I....?
At this point, I think he's just trolling. Still an odd way to celebrate.
i miss the holiday contests. They were fun.
Shaolin_sKunk: What's wrong? An entire thread dedicated to showing how misguided you are isn't enough for you?
joelandsonja: I won't be happy until I convert everyone to my way of thinking and we all celebrate Christmas, regardless of your religion. You must conform to my views and opinion ... simply because I am right and you are wrong.

Plus, I want to see how many negative Rep points I can get on my profile ...
Ya know, I actually wish you well with your endeavor. It works out favorably either way. Either you believe what you're saying and have decided to do a bang-up job of presenting some of the worst characteristics of those you claim to be a part of (always funny), or you actually feel the opposite and want to make a spectacle of yourself. From there, it's a hop, skip and a jump psychologically to figuring that if you're at a point where you need to do such things for some kind of interaction, you're probably having a worse time than a great many of us here. In that case, I hope your situation improves and you're able to find others that you can spend time with, a way to achieve positive reaction rather than seeking the negative. Take care.
Done
Post edited December 20, 2013 by joelandsonja
CarrionCrow: Ya know, I actually wish you well with your endeavor. It works out favorably either way. Either you believe what you're saying and have decided to do a bang-up job of presenting some of the worst characteristics of those you claim to be a part of (always funny), or you actually feel the opposite and want to make a spectacle of yourself. From there, it's a hop, skip and a jump psychologically to figuring that if you're at a point where you need to do such things for some kind of interaction, you're probably having a worse time than a great many of us here. In that case, I hope your situation improves and you're able to find others that you can spend time with, a way to achieve positive reaction rather than seeking the negative. Take care.
joelandsonja: I do enjoy ranting about stupid things ... and it is rather fun to see people get so up in arms. =)
Ask yourself why you find it fun. Look at yourself honestly while doing so.
low rated
Done
Post edited December 20, 2013 by joelandsonja
JMich: (Apologies to any religions I missed, or those that I messed up the days).
Sachysmas!
GOGsmas?
Bunny rabbit that craps eggs day? Oh wait, that's the other one. Sorry.