It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Torchlight FREE for the next 48 hours, 500+ Games 50% off until July 5, Daily Deals up to 85% off!

The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, let's begin GOG's amazing humongous [url=http://gog.com/NoDRMSummer]2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale. Most of the games in our DRM-free catalog (that's 500+ titles!) are available half-price until July the 5th. You can also expect special Daily Deals, allowing you to grab bundles of games (or in some cases individual titles) up to 85% off! To add a cherry on top that huge, delicious summer gaming cake, for the next 48 hours we're giving away Torchlight, a fantastic hack-and-slash action-RPG, absolutely free to all GOG.com users! We have a lot of exciting deals in store for you, so remember to check our site frequently.

Normally, this paragraph would serve to further encourage you to go crazy with our extravagant and exciting offers. We'll get to that. But there's something important we'd like to address first. At GOG.com. we talk a lot about the importance of giving gamers the ability to play their games where they want, whenever they want, and how they want. Gamers should be able to play their games on any device they own in any location, no matter the Internet quality. There is only one way to ensure that: No DRM.

In the last few months, there has been a lot of outcry from gamers over DRM and how it is changing our favorite form of entertainment. If it keeps growing, it may well take a large part of the fun out of gaming. As anti-DRM crusaders, we're very glad to see that the issue of restrictive digital rights management has become an item of public debate, and we want to make sure that our #NoDRM stance is clear. None of the games in our sale have DRM, and none of our games ever will.

Once again: More than 500 games 50% off until July 5. Daily Deals bringing the discount even up to 85%. Torchlight distributed as a free gift to all GOG.com users until Thursday, June 20, at 12:59PM GMT. We'll throw exciting offers at you daily, so consider following us on [url=https://twitter.com/GOGcom]Twitter[/url], , and [url=http://j.mp/followGOGonYT]YouTube just to make sure you're not missing out. That's it! The 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale is now on. Have fun and remember to support the #NoDRM movement on GOG.com and elsewhere!
ww_gog: Why thank you again :).
I'm glad I could help :).
ww_gog: and there's that counter you were talking about.
Just a small heads up, the counter is usually based on your computer's clock, so make sure it's correct before deciding to cut it real close with grabbing what you want ;)
Mivas: The thing I don't like about Summer Sale is that new deals are generated at 3 PM. Way to destroy my working day, GOG :/. I should better think of some distracting techniques :P.
ww_gog: Thanks for mentioning that as I was wondering why these announcements are so late. On a regular week, the daily sale is announced shortly after I wake up so I know it before I get to work. This week, I'm absolutely clueless what time I should be checking.
Depends on where you live due to time zones. I'm in North America in the EST timezone so the sales begin at 9:00am here. Perhaps they open it up globally at the same time, which would mean it happens at different times of the day depending on what time zone one is in. The sales normally run for at least 24 hours though, so I guess every sale is on at the time of day anyone wants it to be at anywhere on the planet. :)

GOG is in Cypress IIRC, so I'm going to guess that they've set their official release time aimed at the part of the world they receive the most sales from. That's just completely a personal guess however, I have no way of knowing but it would make sense from a business perspective.

Technically they could make release announcments per-country or per-time zone, but that would add a lot of complexity to the deal process IMHO for probably negligible gains. If they announce somewhere at 6pm and that is a bad time for someone, the deal lasts until 6pm the next day so if 9am is better for someone they just wait until the next morning and can buy then, etc.
mharris: GOG is in Cypress IIRC,
1) GOG is in Poland.
2) Cypresss is a plant family. Cyprus is a country.
mharris: GOG is in Cypress IIRC,
JMich: 1) GOG is in Poland.
Doh, spelling thinko on my part for Cyprus, good catch. I noticed Cyprus show up on my credit card bills for GOG purchases and assumed that meant they were in Cyprus. According to Wikipedia they are in Larnaca, Cyprus if the wikipedia article is accurate (no idea).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOG.com
"GOG.com (formerly Good Old Games) is a computer game sale and distribution service operated by GOG Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of CD Projekt RED based in Larnaca, Cyprus."

Probably the same time zone plus or minus an hour either way though. :)
JMich: 1) GOG is in Poland.
mharris: Doh, spelling thinko on my part for Cyprus, good catch. I noticed Cyprus show up on my credit card bills for GOG purchases and assumed that meant they were in Cyprus. According to Wikipedia they are in Larnaca, Cyprus if the wikipedia article is accurate (no idea).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOG.com
"GOG.com (formerly Good Old Games) is a computer game sale and distribution service operated by GOG Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of CD Projekt RED based in Larnaca, Cyprus."

Probably the same time zone plus or minus an hour either way though. :)
GOG is based in Poland, but the finance goes through Cyprus. No idea about the Wikipedia article, depends on who was the person who added it. No worries though.
JMich: GOG is based in Poland, but the finance goes through Cyprus. No idea about the Wikipedia article, depends on who was the person who added it. No worries though.
Yeah, they probably pulled it from the terms and conditions document which has this listed:
GOG Ltd
3 Griva Digeni Street
Patsalos House, office 202
6030 Larnaca, Cyprus
Business registration number: HE 223674

But their developer job postings indicate the positions are all at their headquarters in Warsaw, Poland. Presumably the Cyprus location is just part of the business unit with financial benefits for being there. :) Long as they keep putting out great gaming deals, it's all good. ;o)

Take care.
Love the shark! You could make it clickable on some point on its path, leading to a secret link for 80& off Jaws Unleashed HD or something http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnxdZpPFKmM
I swear I put don't starve in cart yesterday and it was 50% not this 33% daily right now. rest of dailies tw2 aside not that good.
Figures. Judge Dredd is 50% off barely two days after I bought it for full price. Ah well...
... I just blew 40 dollars NZ thanks to this. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

Seriously guys, Witcher Two AND Strike Suit Zero for 75% off? There's a reason I freaking love you guys <3
nijuu: I swear I put don't starve in cart yesterday and it was 50% not this 33% daily right now.
Don't Starve, Jade Empire, Pandemonium 2, Wizardry 6+7, Wizardry 8 and quite a few more were discounted for an hour or two on the first day of the sale, though that seems to have been a pricing glitch. The discount was removed, and Don't Starve is currently a daily deal.
GOG.com: Torchlight FREE for the next 48 hours
Why only 48? I missed this by a few... :(
Lexor: Why only 48? I missed this by a few... :(
Check PM
Lexor: Why only 48? I missed this by a few... :(
rodrolliv: Check PM
Yay, thank you very much! <3