It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Torchlight FREE for the next 48 hours, 500+ Games 50% off until July 5, Daily Deals up to 85% off!

The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, let's begin GOG's amazing humongous [url=http://gog.com/NoDRMSummer]2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale. Most of the games in our DRM-free catalog (that's 500+ titles!) are available half-price until July the 5th. You can also expect special Daily Deals, allowing you to grab bundles of games (or in some cases individual titles) up to 85% off! To add a cherry on top that huge, delicious summer gaming cake, for the next 48 hours we're giving away Torchlight, a fantastic hack-and-slash action-RPG, absolutely free to all GOG.com users! We have a lot of exciting deals in store for you, so remember to check our site frequently.

Normally, this paragraph would serve to further encourage you to go crazy with our extravagant and exciting offers. We'll get to that. But there's something important we'd like to address first. At GOG.com. we talk a lot about the importance of giving gamers the ability to play their games where they want, whenever they want, and how they want. Gamers should be able to play their games on any device they own in any location, no matter the Internet quality. There is only one way to ensure that: No DRM.

In the last few months, there has been a lot of outcry from gamers over DRM and how it is changing our favorite form of entertainment. If it keeps growing, it may well take a large part of the fun out of gaming. As anti-DRM crusaders, we're very glad to see that the issue of restrictive digital rights management has become an item of public debate, and we want to make sure that our #NoDRM stance is clear. None of the games in our sale have DRM, and none of our games ever will.

Once again: More than 500 games 50% off until July 5. Daily Deals bringing the discount even up to 85%. Torchlight distributed as a free gift to all GOG.com users until Thursday, June 20, at 12:59PM GMT. We'll throw exciting offers at you daily, so consider following us on [url=https://twitter.com/GOGcom]Twitter[/url], , and [url=http://j.mp/followGOGonYT]YouTube just to make sure you're not missing out. That's it! The 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale is now on. Have fun and remember to support the #NoDRM movement on GOG.com and elsewhere!
Nice, but I'm waiting for specific titles to get a bigger discount before buying.

Thanks again. :)
A truly brilliant sale GOG, lots of stuff will be purchased; yay!! And thanks for Torchlight :D

Regarding Arx Fatalis, one oddity just cropped up for me on the main page. When I clicked on the RPG tab, Arx was there as one of the nine promo titles with a whopping 0% discount (see attached grab). You might want to remove that one :)

Although it does highlight how flipping brilliant the other offers are, so maybe it's deliberate ;)
Attachments:
P.S. (The shark swimming around on the Summer Sale header is a nice touch. D )
I support this movement 100%. GOG has been my favored place to pick up games lately, and their no-DRM policy is the reason why.
Bloodygoodgames: Hit the 'all games' button. It will show you every game on sale, with ALL the games you own blacked out. Cool, eh? :)
xyem: On mine it doesn't. It just shows all the games as normal (see attachment, I own all the games shown).

Not only that, they've removed the "owned" class so my hide owned games script doesn't work! Are you frickin' kidding me?!
Yep, like someone else said, they did this for the Christmas sale. I think it's the only way they can keep the servers up as they're getting SLAMMED :)

Basically you have a choice I think -- GOG with no 'Owned' labels or No GOG at all :)
boomie: I didn't actually use this website for some time, but wasn't there an option on "Browse Games" page to hide games that I already own? I don't see it now. I won't go and compare every row to my library.
2 posts up from yours The Enigmatic T just explained how they've turned the 'Owned' feature off for a few hours as the servers are getting too many hits. They'll turn the 'Owned' script back on as soon as there are a few less people buying from GOG.

Wait a couple of days (the sale will still be on) and then you'll be able to see all your games WITH the 'Owned' next to the ones you already have.

Hope that helps? :)
teknomedic: Please fix the "owned" games issue... I won't be able to buy until this is cleared up. I'm not going to spend a ton of time clicking on each of the 575 games just to see if I own it and want to buy it.

If I only owned 30 games it wouldn't be a problem... but for someone like me owning 400+ games, it's a big issue when everything appears as not owned when I try to view all games.

Honestly, I'd even prefer just a filter option to show only non-owned games.... that way I wouldn't need to load a huge list of things I do own.
They turned it off as the servers can't handle the amount of hits they're currently getting and getting rid of 'Owned' saves server power.

Don't worry though, they'll turn it back on when the initial rush calms down (usually on Day 2 if I remember correctly from Christmas?), so you'll be able to figure out which games you own then :)
Post edited June 18, 2013 by Bloodygoodgames
so just to be clear because i am actually a bit confused... the two bundles on the front page with the 9 hours left countdown going on are the *only ones* on that timer, but all the rest of the games that are on sale that are not in those two bundles do not have only 9 hours left and will be on the 50% off sale price til July 5th. is that correct?
ashley2ashes: so just to be clear because i am actually a bit confused... the two bundles on the front page with the 9 hours left countdown going on are the *only ones* on that timer, but all the rest of the games that are on sale that are not in those two bundles do not have only 9 hours left and will be on the 50% off sale price til July 5th. is that correct?
Correct.
ashley2ashes: so just to be clear because i am actually a bit confused... the two bundles on the front page with the 9 hours left countdown going on are the *only ones* on that timer, but all the rest of the games that are on sale that are not in those two bundles do not have only 9 hours left and will be on the 50% off sale price til July 5th. is that correct?
Not exactly...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/2013_nodrm_summer_sale_begins_on_gogcom/post129

Games by Square Enix, Bohemia Interactive, Capcom and Interplay will be on sale for this week only.
Timelord1963: A truly brilliant sale GOG, lots of stuff will be purchased; yay!! And thanks for Torchlight :D

Regarding Arx Fatalis, one oddity just cropped up for me on the main page. When I clicked on the RPG tab, Arx was there as one of the nine promo titles with a whopping 0% discount (see attached grab). You might want to remove that one :)

Although it does highlight how flipping brilliant the other offers are, so maybe it's deliberate ;)
They're taunting those of us with it on our wishlist. So cruel :(
No discount on Wizardry 8 nor on Don't Starve..hmmm
gibbeynator: Suck it, everyone who bought Jade Empire last week when it launched.
Am I missing something? It's not on sale.
tinyE: STUPID STUPID STUPID question.
This ranks right up there with the guy filling out the application who ask, "Where is says 'name', do I put my name?"

My first summer sale and I just want to make sure that everything that is currently discounted is going to remain so until July 5th, correct? For some reason I was under the impression that every 24 hours a group would discount and the previous days games would go back to normal. THEN I looked at my wish list and saw all but one of them discounted and thought, what are the odds everything I want was picked for the 1t day of the sale? :P
There's a lot of games that will be 50% off for the duration of the sale. There are a lot of games that are currently 50% off, and which will be in daily deals as well.

There are some games that will only be on sale for a week. We'll be letting you guys know well in advance of those titles that they're almost done with the sale.
TheEnigmaticT: snip
It was asked before but I haven't seen answer. Is GOG going to give us new releases while promo lasts?
gibbeynator: Suck it, everyone who bought Jade Empire last week when it launched.
stoicsentry: Am I missing something? It's not on sale.
There was a glitch at the beginning of the sale that was making every game 50% off no matter what.
stoicsentry: Am I missing something? It's not on sale.
assassin33: There was a glitch at the beginning of the sale that was making every game 50% off no matter what.
Did gog hire someone from GG?