It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

600+ games discounted by at least 50%, bundle deals up to 80% off, daily personal deals!

It is here: 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale on GOG.com! The biggest, the loudest, the most varied, and the most exciting sale we've ever done begins now. How big is it? There are way over 600 games from our catalog steadily discounted by at least 50%. How loud is it? Let's just mention the fact, that we're opening with a triple nuclear blast, giving away Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE the next 48 hours. How varied is it? On top of regular discounts you'll have daily deals including games presented by YouTube personalities, hot thematic bundles chosen each day by our dear users, offered with up to 80% discounts, and--finally--daily personal deals where you pick one of the special offers available to you, and you only. How exciting is it? Well, you probably get the idea by now. So, there you have it: time to save BIG on the best games in history, available DRM-free for Windows and Mac.

This holiday season, your GOG.com Winter Sale experience include the company of Jesse Cox, Force Strategy Gaming, Dodger from Press Heart to Continue, and the YogsCast team. Each day we mash-up a classic game (or games) with it's modern successors and offer them with high discounts, while our tube-casting friends explain why they consider such a blend interesting and worth playing.

2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale Video Recommendations playlist

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

We'd also like to remind you, that all purchases on GOG.com are now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, so your holiday gaming shopping spree is safer than it ever was before.

Worldwide Money Back Guarantee announcement video

Our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale will last until Sunday, December 29, at 1:59PM GMT. Happy holidays from GOG.com team, everyone! And again, sorry for the server issues in the initial hours of our sale.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by G-Doc
TheJadedOne: Cast your vote here.
DyNaer: and done , forgot about the whishlist thing ;)

Bluddy: The fact that gog keeps using this forced bundle method must mean that they're making money off of it, right? I just don't get it though.

The biggest problem with the bundles is that I have a ton of indies, and a few old games, from other sources: Steam, humblebundle etc, which are not acknowledged in these bundles. Once you factor in the cost of re-buying those games, these bundles aren't worth it.

The second problem with these bundles is that the total price is way above the 'impulse buy' price. I've considered getting the wing commander bundle, but instead ended up buying a couple of more affordable games on other services on the day it was offered. I spent, in total, more than I would have spent on the bundle, but because it was 'bite-size', I didn't notice it.

The third problem is that gog deliberately throws in a bunch of games that are 'filler'. And yes, gog knows exactly which games are filler, because they have sales data. They know which games are in demand and which ones aren't, and they try to tempt you to buy a bundle with a few in-demand games and a couple of low demand ones. Those low-demand games aren't going to be bought much anyway, so it makes sense to get them into people's shelves as much as possible.
DyNaer: Well, for games you got from others source , i also agree, it's not GOG's fault ^^

However about the "forced" deals , i preferred past deals , at least you could get a little discount if you didn't picked all games. With those sales either you take all games (games bought in the past count) ; either you get the basic discount of the winter sales if you don't want a game in the deal :( -> result i didn't bought any bundle if there's a game i don't want.
Actually, for this sale, the "Recommended Deal" bundle is one where you can pick and choose, and still get the full discount, while the voted-on "Community Deal" bundle is 66-80% for the full bundle, or the still awesome 50% off individual titles. GOG is great at experimenting with different sales models, and I'm sure feedback from the forums and sales figures will be incorporated into future sales. They certainly responded rapidly to commenters' frustrations with the surprise gift discounts...

My only issue with the Winter Promo is that there is still no sign of a Sierra bundle :(
Having played through nearly every Quest since they were first released (though only about 2/3rds on legitimate copies), their existence was my whole reason for joining GOG months ago. I want to make myself an honest woman, relive my gaming glory days, and share them with my kids. However, I am also trying to be thrifty ;)
wackyanne: Actually, for this sale, the "Recommended Deal" bundle is one where you can pick and choose, and still get the full discount, while the voted-on "Community Deal" bundle is 66-80% for the full bundle, or the still awesome 50% off individual titles. GOG is great at experimenting with different sales models, and I'm sure feedback from the forums and sales figures will be incorporated into future sales. They certainly responded rapidly to commenters' frustrations with the surprise gift discounts...
Oh right, forgot about one of the deal was only in this case,

However i agree to the point, they have pretty good imagination for their sales ; much more than Steam for sure :D
Post edited December 27, 2013 by DyNaer
I don't think this everytime . Sometimes bundles are quite nice . Because I bought Roguelike bundle and if I bought them seperately it costs much more but in my situation one 7.45 $ game comes like free :P
Post edited December 27, 2013 by Skysect
I'm not complaining as much as questioning their sales tactic. Like I said, since they keep using it, it must be paying off for them, I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys I guess. From the feedback, it appears that people tend to like the forced bundles. Of course, this is a biased sample, since if you're posting on the gog forums, you're probably a big fan of gog already.

I'm not denying that we're living in an era of cheap games. With digital games, every game ever is competing for gamers' attention. Indie games probably contribute to the problem because they don't really age -- they rely on stylistic art to 'hide' their age (like plastic surgery). I used to have to hunt bargain bins for discount games, and now I can do it from the comfort of my house. I almost don't need the DVDs I burnt my huge game CD collection onto. It's awesome.

BTW I know that there are both forced bundles and free-form bundles every day. I found the free-form bundles underwhelming -- most of the good stuff was embedded in the forced bundles, together with less desired stuff. I understand why gog does this. In the case of the D&D bundle (of last year) I was willing to tolerate some bad D&D games in order to buy the whole bundle, despite the fact that I already had most of the games and that I already bought them from gamersgate as well. The Infinity games are just that good that I'm willing to buy them several times over. But I'm not willing to do that for any game.

The problem is with the design of the forced bundles. They assume by design that I should have all my games on gog. Other services don't do this. Because gog is so experimental in their sales, I would have expected this type of sale to have been phased out by now, but apparently it's going well for them, since they're still doing it.
Bluddy: [..] I found the free-form bundles underwhelming -- most of the good stuff was embedded in the forced bundles, together with less desired stuff. I understand why gog does this. In the case of the D&D bundle (of last year) I was willing to tolerate some bad D&D games in order to buy the whole bundle [..]
I don't like to buy useless games too, but if the total price of the good games becomes cheaper, I'm accepting them.
I'm waiting, however, for GOG shelf categories and maybe other info (my rating, completed status, etc), so I can separate them from the great titles.
Redfern: And to make it even more sad, they added DRM-free builds for Dust in Humble Store, after all.
VanishedOne: Including Windows? The storefront entry is still displaying: 'Please note: Dust is currently available via Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and also available DRM-free for Mac and Linux.'
Oh, you you beat me. You right. I feel like i not gettin that Humble thinks anymore. OFC they fear piracy, but...they decided to do same thing like was with Trine 2? Postpone windows builds as long as possible? But how they going to archive that with game released on GOG in same time.

P.S. on other side - linux wins here! Just like in Trine 2 situation.
Bluddy: [..] I found the free-form bundles underwhelming -- most of the good stuff was embedded in the forced bundles, together with less desired stuff. I understand why gog does this. In the case of the D&D bundle (of last year) I was willing to tolerate some bad D&D games in order to buy the whole bundle [..]
phaolo: I don't like to buy useless games too, but if the total price of the good games becomes cheaper, I'm accepting them.
I'm waiting, however, for GOG shelf categories and maybe other info (my rating, completed status, etc), so I can separate them from the great titles.
Dont forget, that GOG at least excludes already owned games from bundles. Their forced bundle is sure huge problem (thats why peoples keep asking about someone to purchase certain games alone for them), but when you have almost whole bundle discount become unbeatable.
Post edited December 27, 2013 by Redfern
CarrionCrow: Edit - Also, it has to be said, otherwise it's going to eat away at my brain. We're getting sweet deals right off the bat. Take away the bundles, the presents, the back and forth, this is good, that sucks, blah blah blah, and we're still getting great deals. Know how many games I ended up with this sale? SIXTY-SEVEN. I bought enough and felt good enough about it that I used some of the extra cash to send games to people who just seemed cool, so it's closer to seventy-five games in total. And I'm not rich. Not even close. It's killing my brain trying to figure out how 50 percent off what are primarily 6-15 dollar games isn't good enough anymore. 6-15 dollars is cheap to begin with. You can't get a POS console game for new under 20. At least I think that's the lowest price point going. And GOG has some of the best games ever made. So we're paying less, getting more, AND getting ridiculously good sales, AND getting extra bonuses, and then getting MORE bonuses, AND it's from a company that actually doesn't treat their customers like bootlicking junkies looking for a fix or scumbag thieves looking to rip them off at every turn, and that isn't enough?
THANK YOU! I tried saying this earlier, but it didn't really come out right. This is exactly how I feel.

Now as far as the forced deals go, I am completely fine with them. I personally think the sliding scale deals (buy more from the bundle, get higher discount) are a better model, but the all or nothing model is more than good enough considering the 50% off sale going on and the already low base price of the games..
mondo84: Not sure if mentioned yet, but I was browsing the catalog and noticed some of Daedalic's games are 75% off

The Whispered World - $2.49
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - $4.99
Deponia - $4.99
A New Beginning - $2.49

I wonder how many other unadvertised discounts of more than 50% there are? I remember Trine was one at $0.99, and some games are 60%.
Let me quote GOG's Winter Sale pitch (see related news article): "2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale Begins Now! 600+ games discounted by at least 50%, bundle deals up to 80% off, daily personal deals! [snip] There are way over 600 games from our catalog steadily discounted by at least 50%."
GOG never said that the "basic" Winter Sale discount was 50%. They said it was at least 50% for over 600 games. I too stumbled upon a couple of games that had a bigger discount than 50%. I should've written those down, I was sure people were aware of the fact. :/
Post edited December 27, 2013 by Pica-Ludica
Ha, been nagging about getting no adventure game bundles, and then when one comes along, I miss it! :-D Ah well, already have the Syberia games, and they seemed to be the best of the Globetrotter bundle. Still hoping for a Sierra bundle though!

I did pick up the Rules of Magic bundle and Startopia as my daily surprise game, loved playing that one when I was younger. Looking forward to seeing what's next! :-)
CarrionCrow: [..] Know how many games I ended up with this sale? SIXTY-SEVEN.[..]6-15 dollars is cheap to begin with. You can't get a POS console game for new under 20. At least I think that's the lowest price point going. And GOG has some of the best games ever made. So we're paying less, getting more, AND getting ridiculously good sales, AND getting extra bonuses, and then getting MORE bonuses, AND it's from a company that actually doesn't treat their customers like bootlicking junkies looking for a fix or scumbag thieves looking to rip them off at every turn, and that isn't enough?
Nobake: THANK YOU! I tried saying this earlier, but it didn't really come out right. This is exactly how I feel.[..]
True, I've never bought so many games like in this sale! XD
And I'm happy because I didn't spend that much, I now own many great classics, and I've helped a bit the DRMfree cause.

EDIT: OMG both packs for tomorrow are cool!
"Complete Tex Murphy Files" for $8.96 = must have!
Post edited December 27, 2013 by phaolo
So, there's no re-roll button if I don't have all three of the surprises?
any chance of re-run for past community deals?

i missed out the chivalry chest due to pro-longed meetings :(
Rats, the Tex Murphy bundle is taking the lead. I love the genre itself, as well as film noir, but just can't stand FMV style. :/
Can someone remind me a link to list of all DAILY SURPRISE's on frontpage?
Redfern: Can someone remind me a link to list of all DAILY SURPRISE's on frontpage?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/daily_personal_deals_tracker_2013_drmfree_winter_sale/post1