It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johnathanamz: any one from the United States complain about paying more?
Syphon72: Is this a real question? Do think everyone in the US is well off in life?
Yes. I was born here, some of us struggle with credit card debt, because that is our mistake, but over all we have more money than most countries we can afford to purchase a video game at $10 dollars (USD) than at $1 dollar (USD).
Syphon72: Is this a real question? Do think everyone in the US is well off in life?
Johnathanamz: Yes. I was born here, some of us struggle with credit card debt, because that is our mistake, but over all we have more money than most countries we can afford to purchase a video game at $10 dollars (USD) than at $1 dollar (USD).
I assume you have lived in wealthy areas most of your life. I have been around and lived in poor neighborhoods. Trust me, and there is more than just credit card debt.
Johnathanamz: Yes. I was born here, some of us struggle with credit card debt, because that is our mistake, but over all we have more money than most countries we can afford to purchase a video game at $10 dollars (USD) than at $1 dollar (USD).
This is wrong on so many levels. Just because someone is struggling doesn't mean they can't handle there money.

The area they live in might not have decent paying jobs
They could have medical bills which can get expensive
They could have a larger family which increases costs
The area they live in can have absurd taxes.

I would go on but the I would be derailing the thread.
Johnathanamz: Eh if we want the video games 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free, we should as they say it pay the 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free tax and I guess that means very few sales. Which I do not mind as long as the video games do not cost $60 dollars (USD).
At the end of the day, I can buy Syberia DRM-Free on GOG for 99 cents or $9.99 on Zoom. The choice is clear.
I do still buy games on Zoom, but only the exclusives that I actually intend to play. On GOG, thanks to its never-ending sales, I'm buying EVERYTHING.

foad01: Just post this in channels where you have lots of Steam fans and they will use it as an argument for having DRMed games. The vast majority of gamers want games as cheap as possible. If they see 10 bucks vs 1 buck they go to place with 1 buck. They will just say "NO" to a "DRM-free tax".

The term "DRM-free tax" is self-defeating. LOL.
Yeah, when majority of people do not care about DRM already, you will not win them over with a "DRM-free tax". I know some GOG users that do not care about DRM and are only here because some games were on sale here and not on Steam.

Perhaps Zoom cannot afford to have sales 24/7/365, but surely they could have them once or twice a year. I'd gladly spend a few hundred over there in such an event.
Syphon72: Don't give GOG ideas now. lol I'm pretty sure ZP sales will get better in the future if they keep growing.
I pretty much doubt that. They had 8 years to grow and not much happened. And when I see how rarely they add new games to the shop, I doubt there is much reason for optimism.
Syphon72: Don't give GOG ideas now. lol I'm pretty sure ZP sales will get better in the future if they keep growing.
PaterAlf: I pretty much doubt that. They had 8 years to grow and not much happened. And when I see how rarely they add new games to the shop, I doubt there is much reason for optimism.
The growth only happened recently, when they took advantage of GOG's mistakes in 2021. Their store never had "Always DRM free" pasted on the front page until that.

Johnathanamz: Eh if we want the video games 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free, we should as they say it pay the 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free tax and I guess that means very few sales. Which I do not mind as long as the video games do not cost $60 dollars (USD).
SargonAelther: At the end of the day, I can buy Syberia DRM-Free on GOG for 99 cents or $9.99 on Zoom. The choice is clear.
I do still buy games on Zoom, but only the exclusives that I actually intend to play. On GOG, thanks to its never-ending sales, I'm buying EVERYTHING.

foad01: Just post this in channels where you have lots of Steam fans and they will use it as an argument for having DRMed games. The vast majority of gamers want games as cheap as possible. If they see 10 bucks vs 1 buck they go to place with 1 buck. They will just say "NO" to a "DRM-free tax".

The term "DRM-free tax" is self-defeating. LOL.
SargonAelther: Yeah, when majority of people do not care about DRM already, you will not win them over with a "DRM-free tax". I know some GOG users that do not care about DRM and are only here because some games were on sale here and not on Steam.

Perhaps Zoom cannot afford to have sales 24/7/365, but surely they could have them once or twice a year. I'd gladly spend a few hundred over there in such an event.
Agree. ZP should have one Big sale a year for most their games. If matrix games can do one a year, so can they, I assume.
Post edited January 26, 2023 by Syphon72
684 games were released on GOG in 2022.

I just thought maybe I'd advertise for GOG on the GOG community forum. :P
Braggadar: 684 games were released on GOG in 2022.

I just thought maybe I'd advertise for GOG on the GOG community forum. :P
People don't talk about positive GOG news on here. :)
Post edited January 26, 2023 by Syphon72
Syphon72: People don't talk about positive GOG news here. :)
That's what makes it all so scandalous!
Syphon72: People don't talk about positive GOG news here. :)
Braggadar: That's what makes it all so scandalous!
Let's not even talk about bare ankles. Hoo boy! *fans himself*
I'm even more reminded of this style of spam you see in Youtube comments.

Spoiler: not all the commenters are different people
Attachments:
Post edited January 26, 2023 by lupineshadow
lupineshadow: Spoiler: not all the commenters are different people
How'd you know?