It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It hasn't been officially confirmed but virtually everything points to a 2021 release for Bethesda's Starfield. I've been hyped for that game since the rumor mill started churning over the trademark filings back in the day. While The Elder Scrolls, as a series, is my favorite game series ever, I'm actually more hyped for Starfield right now than I am for TES6. I guess it's because I'm a HUGE fan of sci-fi and space fantasy and can't wait to see Bethesda's take on a space game. I'm not, however, looking forward to the high probability of having to "upgrade" to Windows 10 before then.
JakobFel: It hasn't been officially confirmed but virtually everything points to a 2021 release for Bethesda's Starfield. I've been hyped for that game since the rumor mill started churning over the trademark filings back in the day. While The Elder Scrolls, as a series, is my favorite game series ever, I'm actually more hyped for Starfield right now than I am for TES6. I guess it's because I'm a HUGE fan of sci-fi and space fantasy and can't wait to see Bethesda's take on a space game. I'm not, however, looking forward to the high probability of having to "upgrade" to Windows 10 before then.
well if the last month's releases tell anything be prepared to spend some dough ....

though in all honesty, this year i finally settled for a normal home version instead of the 10 oem pro keys i used before hand and i have to say the system works admirably. the biggest problems i had before seemed to all be connected to a older display, which i changed and now virtually no problems what so ever ....

from what i understand is that most that still use 7 did so because of compatibility problems with 10 in some regards which i know nothing about but....

anyways, did you consider the purchase of a console, maybe an xbox ? next to your system.. with their price comparable with a decent gpu personally i could consider such an offer
JakobFel: It hasn't been officially confirmed but virtually everything points to a 2021 release for Bethesda's Starfield. I've been hyped for that game since the rumor mill started churning over the trademark filings back in the day. While The Elder Scrolls, as a series, is my favorite game series ever, I'm actually more hyped for Starfield right now than I am for TES6. I guess it's because I'm a HUGE fan of sci-fi and space fantasy and can't wait to see Bethesda's take on a space game. I'm not, however, looking forward to the high probability of having to "upgrade" to Windows 10 before then.
Radiance1979: well if the last month's releases tell anything be prepared to spend some dough ....

though in all honesty, this year i finally settled for a normal home version instead of the 10 oem pro keys i used before hand and i have to say the system works admirably. the biggest problems i had before seemed to all be connected to a older display, which i changed and now virtually no problems what so ever ....

from what i understand is that most that still use 7 did so because of compatibility problems with 10 in some regards which i know nothing about but....

anyways, did you consider the purchase of a console, maybe an xbox ? next to your system.. with their price comparable with a decent gpu personally i could consider such an offer
If you're referring to Cyberpunk, I definitely think the primary issue with it is a lack of proper optimization, as well as the fact that my CPU is a bit of a bottleneck. The game doesn't seem to use all of my GPU's potential, either, so it runs a little slower.

I'm not opposed to getting 10 so much as I'm concerned about privacy issues, compatibility issues, forced updates and first- and second-hand experiences with the OS. I have very limited experience with it and it seems like a total trainwreck. Friends and family (many of whom are intermediate or expert level with PCs) have reported issues such as software uninstalling without a person's consent, major driver issues and more.

I definitely can't afford to buy a modern console every 5 years or whatever. I mean, my hardware is still fully viable for current games excluding my CPU and the fact that I can't afford to grab an SSD right now so I'm running two mechanical drives. I don't know how these studios expect people to be able to afford to buy an SSD for games if they refuse to properly compress games these days. Each game nearing or exceeding 100gb of storage is not viable for an SSD.

Anyways, if I upgrade my CPU in the near future and grab at least a smaller SSD, I'm certain that CP2077 will run much better, especially once they optimize the game. Additionally, my main plan is to eventually get a dual boot installation of 7 and 10 running on a small mechanical drive, with the two current drives available for larger storage and a mid-range SSD for games that absolutely need it. That way, I can use 7 as my primary OS, then switch to 10 whenever I absolutely have to.

Overall, Micro$oft's refusal to address these various issues and concerns has caused me to lose every ounce of trust and respect that I may have had at one point and it's a major reason why I'm very concerned for the future of one of my favorite companies in the industry (Bethesda). I would have switched to Linux in a heartbeat if not for the compatibility issues it has as well. It'll never happen but I really wish MS would release 7 as open source software. I'd be far less opposed to using 10 if I actually still had the option to use 7.
Radiance1979: well if the last month's releases tell anything be prepared to spend some dough ....

JakobFel: If you're referring to Cyberpunk, I definitely think the primary issue with it is a lack of proper optimization, as well as the fact that my CPU is a bit of a bottleneck. The game doesn't seem to use all of my GPU's potential, either, so it runs a little slower.

I'm not opposed to getting 10 so much as I'm concerned about privacy issues, compatibility issues, forced updates and first- and second-hand experiences with the OS. I have very limited experience with it and it seems like a total trainwreck. Friends and family (many of whom are intermediate or expert level with PCs) have reported issues such as software uninstalling without a person's consent, major driver issues and more.

I definitely can't afford to buy a modern console every 5 years or whatever. I mean, my hardware is still fully viable for current games excluding my CPU and the fact that I can't afford to grab an SSD right now so I'm running two mechanical drives. I don't know how these studios expect people to be able to afford to buy an SSD for games if they refuse to properly compress games these days. Each game nearing or exceeding 100gb of storage is not viable for an SSD.

Anyways, if I upgrade my CPU in the near future and grab at least a smaller SSD, I'm certain that CP2077 will run much better, especially once they optimize the game. Additionally, my main plan is to eventually get a dual boot installation of 7 and 10 running on a small mechanical drive, with the two current drives available for larger storage and a mid-range SSD for games that absolutely need it. That way, I can use 7 as my primary OS, then switch to 10 whenever I absolutely have to.

Overall, Micro$oft's refusal to address these various issues and concerns has caused me to lose every ounce of trust and respect that I may have had at one point and it's a major reason why I'm very concerned for the future of one of my favorite companies in the industry (Bethesda). I would have switched to Linux in a heartbeat if not for the compatibility issues it has as well. It'll never happen but I really wish MS would release 7 as open source software. I'd be far less opposed to using 10 if I actually still had the option to use 7.
Yea, the whole mechanical thing is what i meant more or less, with now the consoles also enjoying super read speeds etc this is bound to become the common rule for the newer games, i'm curious to see if nvidia's dlss will survive and prosper with consoles on amd hardware.

But yea it is a choice, arguably consoles have the better cards with their current backwards compatibility and integration of downloadable cheap store subscriptions, and a whole wider range of users. Not to mention that genre's predominantly occupying the pc are slowly finding their way into console nests

I never had any real problems with windows 10 before, i did had some updates that either nerfed my system in a particular way but that at the most only affected a couple of games, not my whole system or the entire game library and also no weird stuff such as sudden virus attacks, or the removal of certain programs or features
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Radiance1979
JakobFel: If you're referring to Cyberpunk, I definitely think the primary issue with it is a lack of proper optimization, as well as the fact that my CPU is a bit of a bottleneck. The game doesn't seem to use all of my GPU's potential, either, so it runs a little slower.

Radiance1979: Yea, the whole mechanical thing is what i meant more or less, with now the consoles also enjoying super read speeds etc this is bound to become the common rule for the newer games, i'm curious to see if nvidia's dlss will survive and prosper with consoles on amd hardware.

But yea it is a choice, arguably consoles have the better cards with their current backwards compatibility and integration of downloadable cheap store subscriptions, and a whole wider range of users. Not to mention that genre's predominantly occupying the pc are slowly finding their way into console nests

I never had any real problems with windows 10 before, i did had some updates that either nerfed my system in a particular way but that at the most only affected a couple of games, not my whole system or the entire game library and also no weird stuff such as sudden virus attacks, or the removal of certain programs or features
That's a huge problem that I don't think devs realize: SSDs are not financially viable, not with the sheer install size of games these days. Maybe if SSDs significantly decrease in price but at current rates, that's not viable for the average Joe.

As for consoles, I'm not opposed to playing one but I'm definitely hoping the PC crowd doesn't get neglected. I have always been and always will be a PC gamer, not a console gamer.

I've heard people say they haven't encountered issues with it but virtually every person that I know personally has had at least one major issue with the OS. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me. It's very possible that those issues were just flukes but with something as significant as that, I don't particularly enjoy taking chances if I don't have to.

Windows 7 has, without flaw, served my needs for ages and until 10 actually runs the way 7 does (and improves its atrocious UI), I won't be willingly upgrading. The only reason I've agreed to do it in the semi-near future is simply because I really don't have any option anymore. More applications have gone the route of the stupid and stopped supporting 7 for no reason at all and, of course, there are lots of games doing the same. I'm thankful CDPR actually had the decency to not forget those of us who don't want to upgrade to 10.

Anyways, I apologize for hijacking/derailing the thread lol. I appreciate the discussion!
Post edited December 28, 2020 by JakobFel
Looking forward to Fabled Lands, because I loved the open world series of gamebooks the pc game is based on. I'm also looking forward to Ultimate ADOM because I'm anxious to see what kind of improvements have been made on the original.
Radiance1979: Yea, the whole mechanical thing is what i meant more or less, with now the consoles also enjoying super read speeds etc this is bound to become the common rule for the newer games, i'm curious to see if nvidia's dlss will survive and prosper with consoles on amd hardware.

JakobFel: That's a huge problem that I don't think devs realize: SSDs are not financially viable, not with the sheer install size of games these days. Maybe if SSDs significantly decrease in price but at current rates, that's not viable for the average Joe.

As for consoles, I'm not opposed to playing one but I'm definitely hoping the PC crowd doesn't get neglected. I have always been and always will be a PC gamer, not a console gamer.

I've heard people say they haven't encountered issues with it but virtually every person that I know personally has had at least one major issue with the OS. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me. It's very possible that those issues were just flukes but with something as significant as that, I don't particularly enjoy taking chances if I don't have to.

Windows 7 has, without flaw, served my needs for ages and until 10 actually runs the way 7 does (and improves its atrocious UI), I won't be willingly upgrading. The only reason I've agreed to do it in the semi-near future is simply because I really don't have any option anymore. More applications have gone the route of the stupid and stopped supporting 7 for no reason at all and, of course, there are lots of games doing the same. I'm thankful CDPR actually had the decency to not forget those of us who don't want to upgrade to 10.

Anyways, I apologize for hijacking/derailing the thread lol. I appreciate the discussion!
well it is about gaming :-p

that said i do understand what you mean. I bought a 4 gb sata HDD for around the same price as the 2 500 gb's M.2 i'm using, all around 80 euro's. in time they will become cheaper but until that time its either wait for a decent alternative or just swap the files when you need some space on the fast disc. Both Steam GoG and Origin games are easily transported between discs, ubisoft and epic are somewhat more of a hassle, i never asked at ubi but epic's official reply is that they don't recommend the random copying of gamefiles until they implemented such an option into their launcher ( not sure how gog feels about it btw its so easy with their files but i belief i had a thing or two go wrong )
oooooh ;; something intensifies ;;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtyQO1bKiZs - distant worlds 2 reveal of the gameplay reveal at januari 26th
Welcome to New Games in 60seconds for 2021 ! In this one you will see and learn about two upcoming Indie games: Becastled an Indie Base Building RTS in a fantasy setting and Nebuchadnezzar a City Building Indie strategy game set in ancient Mesopotamia.

https://youtu.be/8RawHVZ8fN4
perablenta: Welcome to New Games in 60seconds for 2021 ! In this one you will see and learn about two upcoming Indie games: Becastled an Indie Base Building RTS in a fantasy setting and Nebuchadnezzar a City Building Indie strategy game set in ancient Mesopotamia.

Will there be USAF DLC that allows us to bomb the place in modern times?
perablenta: Welcome to New Games in 60seconds for 2021 ! In this one you will see and learn about two upcoming Indie games: Becastled an Indie Base Building RTS in a fantasy setting and Nebuchadnezzar a City Building Indie strategy game set in ancient Mesopotamia.

TencentInvestor: Will there be USAF DLC that allows us to bomb the place in modern times?
I belief that one will be released right after the how to raise a terrorist setting sim DLC
This is an overview of all the Features and an early look at Gameplay from the upcoming Indie city building game set in Mesopotamia called Nebuchadnezzar made by Nepos Games developers and influenced heavily by Pharaoh, Caesar, Zeus and Emperor isometric 2D city building games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCjqDdB5tys
well i did just pre-orderdered the ME final edition package .....
not to mention that mail from CA announcing Warhammer III ( which i did not dare to open )

ack ack ack
Just found one Valheim. It is a viking survival,crafter game.
Hope it will come here.
Post edited February 03, 2021 by Orkhepaj
This is an overview of all the Features and a look at Gameplay from the Indie base building and real time battle strategy game (RTS) called Becastled made by Mana potion studios. Becastled is about building and defending your village and castle from sieges in a fantasy world where forces of light fight the dark enemies every night.

https://youtu.be/Zt-rR4WTPW4