It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Publisher Sale featuring games published by Electronic Arts still lasts on GOG.

Take the chance to buy outstanding titles like Nox™ (-75%) and Clive Barker's Undying (-75%) before the sale ends on 30th May 2022, at 1 PM UTC.

Also, be sure to visit our blog and read articles on other discounted games from EA, including Wing Commander and Ultima series.
Dear EA: You can still publish new great titles on GOG.

That's the first thing I've thought after reading the "new", I'm glad I'm not the only one :)
GOG.com: The Publisher Sale featuring games published by Electronic Arts still lasts on GOG.

Take the chance to buy outstanding titles like Nox™ (-75%) and Clive Barker's Undying (-75%) before the sale ends on 30th May 2022, at 1 PM UTC.

Also, be sure to visit our blog and read articles on other discounted games from EA, including Wing Commander and Ultima series.
A midweek reminder that a sale is currently going on? Is EA threatening to pull all the games already here if said games don't continue to sell enough copies or something? Sad if so, but may be inevitable, especially since they won't bring any new games :P

Unless it's moreso an excuse to remind people about the blog and post links; that's fair.
Midoryu: If I were inclined to speculate I'd say that GOG reopened a new thread for the sale to draw attention away from the rightful demands of new releases in the previous one... almost every message asks for a release of a game here.
(I mean, they didn't bother to make the removal of A Vampyre Story a news article - luckily I had it already, I did not spot the thread until it was no longer a sticky and I check GOG and the forum daily:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_vampyre_story_delisting )
I'm skeptical that is the reason; basically every sale thread for a AAA publisher for the past few years has been like this but this is the first or one of the few times GOG has made a new midweek thread promoting a weeklong sale. (Plus GOG wants new EA releases here as much as we do.)

Also, removal threads virtually never get posted as news articles except maybe in cases of the Fallout games being given away before being removed.
Post edited May 27, 2022 by tfishell
low rated
Midoryu: if EA needs more money, it must offer more games here.
That quoted statement has got things quite backwards indeed.

Duplicate sales threads like this are a telltale sign that it is GOG itself that is in desperate need of money, not EA.
Post edited May 27, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That quoted statement has got things quite backwards indeed.

Duplicate sales threads like this are a telltale sign that it is GOG itself that is in desperate need of money, not EA.
I'd say both are
Aw Dead Space 2 DRM free would be good.
Kurt.Haqvorn: Aw Dead Space 2 DRM free would be good.
tbh I just got it for free on EA and it's landed quite on top of the backlog-pile for now. They had me waiting too many years, it would have been instabuy years ago, now it's not like I'm dying to give EA money, I'm good with the freebie. I mean, after years of waiting they give it for free rather than selling it here, the don't even want our money. They want people on their own platforn/store and spend money in cosmetics and loot boxes.
Post edited May 27, 2022 by Dogmaus
Is Jade Empire's story a complete one, where by the end everything (or mostly everything) is tied up? Or does it end on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved?
bluethief: Is Jade Empire's story a complete one, where by the end everything (or mostly everything) is tied up? Or does it end on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved?
A complete one. And if I remember correctly, more than one ending.

A very nice game, by the way.
tfishell: I'm skeptical that is the reason; basically every sale thread for a AAA publisher for the past few years has been like this but this is the first or one of the few times GOG has made a new midweek thread promoting a weeklong sale. (Plus GOG wants new EA releases here as much as we do.)
Yes, every sale was this way to an extent, but this time it was more noticeable in my opinion.
If I remember this right, in the past GOG would just edit a news post, when for example new games arrived in a sale, pushing it back to the front as well. They could have done this here also.
In the end it does not really matter, but, as already pointed out by others, it appears really pushy and desperate.

I mean, I am all for additional reminders before a sale is going to end, know one or two folks who would benefit from that. But I'd rather they not name it You can still buy great titles from Electronic Arts...

tfishell: Also, removal threads virtually never get posted as news articles except maybe in cases of the Fallout games being given away before being removed.
Unfortunately they are not and I understand it from a marketing perspective - you don't want to put too much emphasis on the store losing games.
However, the sticky threads are the least visible in my opinion - I even tried to mark them all as favourites, because I have collapsed those and only view them if needed.
But a favourited sticky is still a sticky, at the exact same place.
Else I would immediately notice a new sticky, where there were none before.

But in the removal thread they promised a change to how the removal notifications are handled.
We'll see how it turns out.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: That quoted statement has got things quite backwards indeed.

Could still be both like money - which is fine.
There are many games missing from EA's catalog that folks would welcome here gladly and would pay money for - if they would bother to offer them DRM-free, which is what the quoted statement aimed at.
I reckon GOG would appreciate new games as well, hence my focus on EA needing money - they make the call in the end for better or worse.
bluethief: Is Jade Empire's story a complete one, where by the end everything (or mostly everything) is tied up? Or does it end on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved?
arrua: A complete one. And if I remember correctly, more than one ending.

Thank you. I might buy it then.
Plants vs Zombies, please
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/plants_vs_zombies +694
and then the whole series.
Aso Spore is overpriced and does it still have this unclear weird drm thing where you need to ask for a code to play it after the purchase?
arrua: A complete one. And if I remember correctly, more than one ending.

bluethief: Thank you. I might buy it then.
I would also highly recommend Jade Empire, great story.
Hey I just saw a YouTube commercial for this sale. Nifty ad but only 4 hours left.