It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WinterSnowfall: To all wondering if there is a mystery game out there, hidden in the vast ocean of GOG API data - today is your lucky day!

https://gamesdb.gog.com/platforms/gog/external_releases/1449801983

Edit: Attached image of API data. Once on the internet, always on the internet, Mr. GOGBear, you should know that.
Days Gone?
Alexim: Days Gone?
Only the GOGBear knows. Might as well be a test entry... there's all sort of detritus in the APIs.
WinterSnowfall:
I believe you can remove "Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure" from the airtable until further change.

While Windows offline is version 1.0 and galaxy is version 1.3, both were created on 12 February 2018, so they're likely the same version, except that someone mislabeled one of the versions.

I also believe you can remove "Lumino City" from the airtable until further change.

While Mac offline is version build 12.02.2016 (gog-3) and galaxy is version 14.09.2016, both were created on 14 September 2016, so they're likely the same version, except that someone mislabeled one of the versions.

[source: MaGog's old logs]
Post edited June 21, 2021 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I believe you can remove "Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure" from the airtable until further change.

[...]

I also believe you can remove "Lumino City" from the airtable until further change.
Thank you for letting me know, mrkgnao. Will do so on my next update.
Post edited June 22, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
Fair warning to anyone checking the discrepancy list regularly - it may so happen I will update it Monday mid-day rather than over the weekend. As was the case today.

As a brief report from the watchful eye over these things: I have seen some of the older discrepancies getting fixed over the last few weeks, so the situation is gradually improving. If we set aside what my script has picked up last week and is potentially still fresh, there are only 37 older discrepancies still in effect - some of them on demos and some potentially false positives that I have no way of checking on.
Post edited July 05, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
Question to all you more resourceful folk out there:

While perusing the GOG APIs, my scripts have come across an entry titled "Alibaba". Any idea what that might be? Are there any games, old or upcoming with this title?

Due to the obviously way more famous online retailer, my searches have returned nothing useful.
Post edited July 11, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
I guess it could just be a code word, much like "Project Spekulatius" (that turned out to be Saints Row: The Third Remastered), but I'll bump one more time.
Post edited July 13, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall:
The 11 oldest entries on the AirTable are from 2020-12-04, which gives the false impression that these are the oldest discrepancies on GOG, whereas that date is, I assume, simply the date you started collecting this information.

If you want, I have the real dates for the discrepancies of six of these, which you could update manually:
2020-12-04 1118073204 Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy => 2020-01-20
2020-12-04 1196128708 1971 Project Helios => 2020-08-11
2020-12-04 1333227204 Double Kick Heroes => 2020-08-13
2020-12-04 1920288044 Mutropolis Demo => 2020-09-11
2020-12-04 2086192498 Indivisible => 2020-06-23
2020-12-04 2147483119 Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Dry Twice => 2020-10-23

The remaining five are more problematic, so I don't want to commit to dates for them.

Specifically for the two Project Zomboid, it is my understanding, while I don't own the game, that there is a beta offline installer, which you are not testing for, which is being updated independently of the "abandoned" default offline installer, and which is currently up-to-date with galaxy. So I think you can delete these from the list, probably indefinitely, unless you plan to test for beta offline installers (which other games might also have).
mrkgnao: The 11 oldest entries on the AirTable are from 2020-12-04, which gives the false impression that these are the oldest discrepancies on GOG, whereas that date is, I assume, simply the date you started collecting this information.
Yes and no. I started tracking in early 2021, but backdated these, since I was aware they were a bit older (did not know exactly when to place them though). Since they are, in a sense, "manually updated" already, at least for purposes of separation from the rest, I can of course set them to something more accurate based on what you shared. Thanks!

mrkgnao: Specifically for the two Project Zomboid, it is my understanding, while I don't own the game, that there is a beta offline installer, which you are not testing for, which is being updated independently of the "abandoned" default offline installer, and which is currently up-to-date with galaxy. So I think you can delete these from the list, probably indefinitely, unless you plan to test for beta offline installers (which other games might also have).
I am in theory testing against all installers - there is no way, however, at least from what I remember, to determine which is the latest entry in the list, so I simply check by order. The beta must be added at the bottom for some reason... Thanks for letting me know, I will add exceptions for the game and remove the entries next week.
mrkgnao: The 11 oldest entries on the AirTable are from 2020-12-04, which gives the false impression that these are the oldest discrepancies on GOG, whereas that date is, I assume, simply the date you started collecting this information.
WinterSnowfall: Yes and no. I started tracking in early 2021, but backdated these, since I was aware they were a bit older (did not know exactly when to place them though). Since they are, in a sense, "manually updated" already, at least for purposes of separation from the rest, I can of course set them to something more accurate based on what you shared. Thanks!

mrkgnao: Specifically for the two Project Zomboid, it is my understanding, while I don't own the game, that there is a beta offline installer, which you are not testing for, which is being updated independently of the "abandoned" default offline installer, and which is currently up-to-date with galaxy. So I think you can delete these from the list, probably indefinitely, unless you plan to test for beta offline installers (which other games might also have).
WinterSnowfall: I am in theory testing against all installers - there is no way, however, at least from what I remember, to determine which is the latest entry in the list, so I simply check by order. The beta must be added at the bottom for some reason... Thanks for letting me know, I will add exceptions for the game and remove the entries next week.
Yes. From what I have read, they are at the bottom.
WinterSnowfall:
You can remove "UFO:Aftermath" and "Sir, You Are Being Hunted" from the airtable. Both games have offline installers at the same version number as Galaxy now.

I think you can also remove "X-Tension". The English installer was update from version 2.2 to 2.3 (same as Galaxy). On the same date the German installer was updated from 2.2 to 1.0, but I think that is actually version 2.3 with the wrong version string (haven't tested it though).
DoctorGOGgles: [...]
Thank you for the feedback :). I only update the list over weekends, so indeed I expect a few entries to have been fixed by now. It should sync up automatically this Sunday. If not, I'll add manual exceptions based on the above.
Post edited December 02, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
DoctorGOGgles: [...]
WinterSnowfall: Thank you for the feedback :). I only update the list over weekends, so indeed I expect a few entries to have been fixed by now. It should sync up automatically this Sunday. If not, I'll add manual exceptions based on the above.
Thank you for providing the list in the first place!
I didn't know you have a regular update schedule for the list. Thought it was a manual process. I'll keep that in mind for future feedback.
DoctorGOGgles: Thought it was a manual process.
Uploading the latest list to Airtable is quite manual, because I sanity check it first for... GOGBears gone wild (aka blatant false positives) :P. But the list itself is auto-generated based on GOG API data.
high rated
I'm moving this discussion/investigation here, since I don't want to clog that thread with technical nonsense.

The short gist of it is that the gogData JS variable has been removed from the new game catalog, and along with it went all the developer/publisher search values. These provided an insight into all the developers & publishers on GOG and would also be updated a few hours/days before a game would be released, offering the opportunity to speculate on upcoming games if a developer/publisher was new to GOG.

It is quite possible (and saner even) to reconstruct publisher/developer data by collecting a full list of developer/publisher values from each game ID, using the v2 games API endpoint, e.g. : https://api.gog.com/v2/games/1?locale=en-US

Do you know anyone who does that? *Insert Obi-Wan "Of course I know him, he's me" meme* :P

There are even a couple of developer/publisher entries present in the APIs which were not previously included in gogData, which is a level of consistency... very typical of GOG.

Long story short, the avenue of anticipating releases via new developers/publishers entries is gone. Even if GOG will eventually add back a search feature for developers/publishers, I doubt the old way of storing values would be kept in place, so that's pretty much that :|.

Fret not, because while that may affect The-Business' daily spycraft it does not affect mine at all. I have little birds everywhere and they whisper things to me occasionally... sadly, they've been silent for a while now. But they'll chirp one day, it's only a matter of when :P.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by WinterSnowfall