It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WinterSnowfall: As to when its time will come... only the great GOGBear in the sky knows.
So close. https://www.gog.com/news/neuerscheinung_bdrakensang_und_drakensang_the_river_of_timeb
(Thanks, toma85!)
JackknifeJohnson: So close.
Nice catch. Well, just watch that still blank ID link, one day the magic will happen :).
high rated
"The most beautiful curve is a rising sales graph." - Raymond Loewy

How about a GOG game release scatter graph with histograms, Raymond? Isn't it more beautiful?
Attachments:
Post edited December 04, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: "The most beautiful curve is a rising sales graph." - Raymond Loewy

How about a GOG game release scatter graph with histograms, Raymond? Isn't it more beautiful?
That's soo pretty, I love it! Good job on this.
Yepoleb: That's soo pretty, I love it! Good job on this.
Thanks :). Since I'm now collecting v2 data and have gotten better at using matplotlib, there will probably be more to come.
WinterSnowfall: "The most beautiful curve is a rising sales graph." - Raymond Loewy

♫ Now these points of data make a beautiful line.
And we're out of beta.
We're releasing on time. ♫
high rated
WinterSnowfall: I know a lot of people are wondering how many games have their offline installers trailing behind the latest Galaxy builds, so I've put up a list from the data I'm collecting.
If you want, you can slightly improve your algorithm by:
1) ignoring punctuation marks (e.g. space, decimal point, dash, underscore, parentheses, slash, backslash, comma) --- see The Little Acre (osx), Dex (osx), etc.
2) ignoring "gog" and "gog-[0-9]*" (lowercase and uppercase) --- see Asura (osx), 1979 Revolution (osx), etc.

Will probably result in some false negatives, but will reduce quite a few false positives.

Up to you, though.
mrkgnao: Will probably result in some false negatives, but will reduce quite a few false positives.
... I could always do an inclusion list, rather than an exclusion list. I'll have a go at it this weekend, see what comes out.

Thank you, mrkgnao. Your inputs are always helpful.
high rated
***Regarding the Galaxy builds/offline installer discrepancies***

Based on mrkgnao's recommendations and some other ideas I've had based on them, I've greatly overhauled my discrepancy detection logic. More like completely rewritten it. The old code tried to deal with a lot of corner cases and was really hard to read and maintain.

Due to this change, I had to regenerate the list from scratch. It's, of course, still available on the same link as before.

The content is better overall, with far less false positives. There are still a few.

In order to further reduce the number of items in the list, in cases where I had previously added rules that excluded a single item (corner cases), I have decided to add the ids on an exclusion list instead, as follows:

#1351891846 - Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Secret Files - has multiple versions with weird ordering
#1971477531 - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game - don't think it actually has an offline installer
** #1146716716 - Basingstoke - last build in 2018, wierd build naming
** #1207658754 - POSTAL: Classic and Uncut - latest release in 2016
** #1207662623 - Ultima VII™ - The Black Gate + The Forge of Virtue
** #1207662633 - Ultima VII™ - Serpent Isle + The Silver Seed
** #1207666883 - The Witcher Adventure Game
** #1409964317 - SWAT 4
** #1420648479 - Ultimate General: Gettysburg
** #1426765313 - Lichdom: Battlemage
** #1434370838 - Windward
** #1449669419 - STAR WARS™ Shadows of the Empire™
** #1828104558 - Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition
** #1857957519 - ZED
** #1863535689 - Hello Neighbor Alpha Version
** #1942346586 - Hitman: Blood Money
** #1956067111 - Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

These are generally old releases and unlikely to receive updates.

I welcome feedback on some of what I believe (but can't be sure) are remaining false positives that are also older titles and unlikely to receive updates such as "No Pineapple Left Behind", "Starship Titanic" etc.

** No longer on the exclusion list (see the post below)
Post edited December 28, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
After some analysis and further consideration I've also added the following titles to my exclusion list:

** #1576137547 - Yoku's Island Express
** #1473737130 - Kingdom: New Lands
** #1455194518 - No Pineapple Left Behind
** #1207659087 - Unmechanical: Extended

I've also updated the discrepancies list with data collected this weekend. Note that entries having values in the "Fixed" column have been corrected (are now in sync), but are still listed for tracking purposes. This will stay true going forward, so expect an ever-growing list. You can of course filter them out in the csv.

** No longer on the exclusion list (see the post below)
Post edited December 19, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
I'm seeing some interesting fluctuations in the discrepancy list of late... Older problems, such as the Close Combat series offline installers being out of date, have now been addressed.

Can it be true you're actually listening to the songs of discrepancy data, GOGBears, and doing something about it?
high rated
I've noticed even some very old discrepancies getting fixed this week, so someone at GOG has definitely taken notice and is trying to get some of them sorted at least.

Due to this I'll revert my exclusion list to only the first two items going forward:

#1351891846 - Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Secret Files - has multiple versions with weird ordering
#1971477531 - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game - don't think it actually has an offline installer any longer

Hopefully that will help fix some of the others and get some more sanity between offline installer versions and Galaxy build versions.

P.S.: I've artificially changed the detection month of re-added discrepancies to November, in order not to confuse people into thinking these are newly detected discrepancies.
high rated
As some of you may be aware, I've also started scanning the gamesdb external_releases API endpoint, discovered by Yepoleb during his analysis of Galaxy.

Nothing that interesting so far... unless you're into recruitment tests, whatever those may be.
Hmmm... so my big mouth seems to have done it again, as the previous link I've shared pointing to a "recruitment test" no longer returns anything...

*Puts on ninja suit and hides in the shadows from now on, to escape prowling GOGBears*

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be back. Perhaps it's the usual sale madness, lights-flickering-in-the-APIs kind of thing.
Post edited December 25, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
I've made a few changes to how I share some of the information I'm collecting.

Going forward, the offline installer vs Galaxy build discrepancies will be shared as a public Airtable view, which I will still update roughly every weekend. This will contain only current discrepancies (no history, old discrepancies will get removed when fixed). It's available here:

https://airtable.com/shrldLsErlUf3eHqS

I will also share a rolling list of IDs and developer/publisher entries, which I will update less often (maybe once a month or so). They will be available as follows:

Edit: check out this post for the latest links.

As always, if anyone needs the very latest lists or has any particular query on things which can be deduced from data collected from the APIs, do reach out to me and I'll see what I can do.
Post edited February 19, 2022 by WinterSnowfall