It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Perhaps this was better asked on the "what did just update" thread, however I want to avoid cluttering it, so I'm asking here...

Let's say I were to share my product API scanning script and utilities on GitHub. Would anyone be willing to pick up the task of daily/weekly posting updates on the aforementioned thread in my place?

I'm not planning to ditch GOG or anything, but I find myself with less and less time available for posting these updates. Running the script is quite easy and it collects all the data by itself. Getting rid of false positives, sifting through everything to see what are legitimate updates, what has already been reported or not, formatting the info etc. does take time however and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up.

I'm willing to make myself available to whomever is interested in taking over this task, if anyone is, until he/she gets a grasp of what needs to be done. It's not rocket science anyway. Some scripting knowledge along with SQL basics and you'll be fine.

As of now, I'd just like to know if there are any volunteers - based on that I'll start packing everything in a neat format and probably also remove some of the bits which I'm using to "placate" the GOGBear policeman when he's feeling particularly grumpy. Regular update scans will not get throttled anyway.

And we'll take it from there based on your feedback.
high rated
Well, even though I got no volunteers, I've kept my promise and shared my update scripts and utilities on GitHub. You can find them all here along with some instruction on how to setup everything: https://github.com/WinterSnowfall/gog_visor

In case anyone wants to test these out and has any questions, you can always PM me. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

And, as I've mentioned before, I'll be providing updates on the "What did just update?" thread for a couple of more week, probably until the end of the month, but then I'll stop.

Even if nobody wants to pick this up, there are already great tools out there like the GOGDB and MaGog which help you do pretty much the same thing, albeit there's really no "one ring to rule them all" out there except for the data I'm collecting with these scripts (which is pretty much everything provided by the product APIs).

And if my hectic code helps anyone develop anything better, go ahead, you have my blessing to copy-paste or modify whatever you need. It's all GPLv3.
Post edited May 03, 2019 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
The Build Creator recently received an interesting update along with a Linux version. Here is the changelog:

#### 1.4.0.9 (2019-05-07)

* Support for preparing game builds for linux
* Linux version released - download from devportal.gog.com/galaxy/components/build_creator
* Allow DLC to be neutral - only one package has to be filled for neutral DLC
* Added issue that DLC is excluded from the build
* Added options to DLC page: 'include into build' and 'mark as neutral'
* Sync product names when it was changed
* Unsaved tasks and depots are lost no more when changing cards
* Added issues (notifications) for unsaved tasks and depots
* Changed UI for exporting JSON
* Disabled primary tasks for DLCs
* Fixed publishing on branch
* Fixed bug when switching from 'separate builds' to 'only 64bit' creates 32bit packages in database
* Fixed bug when switching from 'separate builds' to 'all architectures' do not remove 64bit packages
* Fixed unsuccessful unchecking Primary Task
* Fixed and polished some UI issues
These days I'm happy to see anything added with regards to Linux support, no matter how small.
Post edited May 12, 2019 by WinterSnowfall
Winter, do you get paid for this? 'Cause if not, you need to talk to your human resources officer.
high rated
Emob78: Winter, do you get paid for this? 'Cause if not, you need to talk to your human resources officer.
Hahaha, no, never got a cent out of it and never expected to - this is all fun and games after all :P.

But if you pockets are heavy-laden with change and you want to get rid of it (or know an HR officer who wants to finance GOG-related work :) throw it at the GOG Database and Yepoleb :). I'm sure he'd take his pet project even further if he had more time & materials.
Emob78: Winter, do you get paid for this? 'Cause if not, you need to talk to your human resources officer.
WinterSnowfall: Hahaha, no, never got a cent out of it and never expected to - this is all fun and games after all :P.

But if you pockets are heavy-laden with change and you want to get rid of it (or know an HR officer who wants to finance GOG-related work :) throw it at the GOG Database and Yepoleb :). I'm sure he'd take his pet project even further if he had more time & materials.
Thanks, but money and time is not really the problem here. My excitement about GOG has just gradually been declining.
Cyberpunk 2077's API entry was recently updated with a 'Pre-order Incentive' DLC, so pre-orders should be opening, likely by the time E3 comes around:
https://api.gog.com/products/1423049311?expand=downloads,expanded_dlcs,description,screenshots,videos,related_products,changelog
And today is one of those days when GOG decides to bulk upload all product API entries... but I guess it's all for the better.

Forum links returned by the APIs will now start with https instead of http.

For example:

"forum": "http://www.gog.com/forum/Kingpin_Life_of_Crime"

has now turned into:

"forum": "https://www.gog.com/forum/Kingpin_Life_of_Crime"
Post edited October 04, 2019 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
The Eye never sleeps and it sees all, because it has goggles...

Here is a full list of the game IDs/product titles it's currently aware of.
Post edited April 08, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: The Eye never sleeps and it sees all, because it has goggles...

Here is a full list of the game IDs/product titles it's currently aware of.
That's a mighty list your Eye spotted, thanks again.

Do I understand it correctly that the list includes both store and library IDs when they differ?
HypersomniacLive: Do I understand it correctly that the list includes both store and library IDs when they differ?
Unfortunately, no. I only collect whatever the APIs provide and do no website scraping on IDs, so I guess there's only what you'd call library IDs in there. Or is it the store IDs which were the actual ones? Who comes up with these silly names, I wonder...
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Do I understand it correctly that the list includes both store and library IDs when they differ?
WinterSnowfall: Unfortunately, no. I only collect whatever the APIs provide and do no website scraping on IDs, so I guess there's only what you'd call library IDs in there. Or is it the store IDs which were the actual ones? Who comes up with these silly names, I wonder...
well, store IDs are the ones which show up in the store when you browse through the available products.
Library IDs are the one which show up in your account library, ie they are the IDs which actually point to downloadable data.
Since both ID types live in the same "ID name space" (if you want to call it that) , the API gives you access to both.
So I would assume your list includes both store & library IDs.
(though of course that depends on how exactly your magic eye works ;) )
high rated
immi101: So I would assume your list includes both store & library IDs.
Oh, thanks for lifting the veil off my eyes :). I get it now.

Store IDs are what the API marks as "pack" IDs while library IDs are the actual "game"/"dlc" IDs.

Then yes, both are in there. I should have probably included this distinction though... I guess I'll be updating the file shortly with this extra field.
Thanks to immi101, I can now say the answer is yes. I've updated the file accordingly - check my comment above to see how you can identify which is which.
high rated
immi101: (though of course that depends on how exactly your magic eye works ;) )
Oh, it's no secret... Or at least this part isn't.
WinterSnowfall: Oh, thanks for lifting the veil off my eyes :). I get it now.

Store IDs are what the API marks as "pack" IDs while library IDs are the actual "game"/"dlc" IDs.

Then yes, both are in there. I should have probably included this distinction though... I guess I'll be updating the file shortly with this extra field.

Thanks to immi101, I can now say the answer is yes. I've updated the file accordingly - check my comment above to see how you can identify which is which.
immi101 was a lot quicker, so everything's cleared up now (I had checked a couple of entries and spotted both the store and library IDs, and wanted to make sure that's the case for all titles, hence my initial question).

Thanks for the update, I've turned the file into a nice proper spreadsheet which helped me spot some odd entries, like the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Epsilon DLC. Any idea what those are about? Placeholders?