It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was trying to play several games that only accept Xinput compatible controllers, so I went to search for a solution to make my old Dual Action gamepad work with them and found this cool piece of software.

https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce

The installation is really easy, just unzip the executable into the game's installationfolder, run it so it detects your controller, make button or axis adjustments if necessary, close it and play.
Initially I had some problems to make it work with Humans Must Answer but that was because I used the 64bit version, once I changed to the 32bit version it worked immidiately.
Now on to make it work for Insane 2 and other games.
Yeah. I found about that emulator months ago. It is really useful. Especially when I don't have Xbox controller while a lot of games using Xbox controller for the default type of gamepad. It always screwed up the button mapping of my controller (standard playstation type controller).

Before, I even thought to buy Xbox controller... but it is kind of expensive for me. and then I found about that emulator which solved button mapping problem. So... I don't need to buy Xbox controller anymore after using that.
x360ce is one of my favorite utilities. With it's help, I never had to retire my trusty Dual Shock 2 gamepad.

The utility has come a long way. I've only found a few games were it doesn't work or behaves oddly. :)
Strijkbout: ..., so I went to search for a solution to make my old Dual Action gamepad work with them and found this cool piece of software.
Hehe, asking in the subforum would have saved you some time searching ;-)
Strijkbout: ..., so I went to search for a solution to make my old Dual Action gamepad work with them and found this cool piece of software.
DeMignon: Hehe, asking in the subforum would have saved you some time searching ;-)
I dunno, subforums can be quite desolate places and I found this in maybe 10-15 minutes of Googleling around.

Strangest yet is that sofar everyone knew about this software but there have been many threats about gamepads and this software was never mentioned, at least not in the ones I've read.
So much for the PC master race when you have to fart around like this to get a basic controller working.
Spectre: So much for the PC master race when you have to fart around like this to get a basic controller working.
That's what makes PC fun. Its all about farting around looking for ways to tweak, fix and reverse engineer hardware or software. Think how boring it is if there isn't anything to do... except maybe pass some gas!
Spectre: So much for the PC master race when you have to fart around like this to get a basic controller working.
That's kind of the fun of the, "PC master race" the ability to tinker with things to your liking.
Heh, is getting a basic mouse+keyboard setup working in console games any easier?
Cheers! Didn't know about this program before (was not particularly looking for it though ^^-as i rather just switched game when i encountered stuff like controller problems as i got a gigantic backlog anyway) but will for sure come in handy really soon
x360ce is great, I have been using it a lot to get my PS2 controllers working in many games.
Try buying random controllers for a console and getting them to work. :P
Post edited August 18, 2015 by ShadowOwl
I have also used x360ce on Linux+Wine+a real x360 controller+XInput games to get around Wine not supporting XInput.
Wolfehunter: That's what makes PC fun. Its all about farting around looking for ways to tweak, fix and reverse engineer hardware or software. Think how boring it is if there isn't anything to do... except maybe pass some gas!
PC gaming go backwards and having to manage unnecessary screwups it is most definitely not fun.

Tinkering to get something like a Wii remote or PS4 or PS3 pad with their advanced features working is one thing but when your trying to get a normal PC gamepad working, especially when its gimped due to the lazy use of a console pad, this is not acceptable.
Strijkbout: I was trying to play several games that only accept Xinput compatible controllers, so I went to search for a solution to make my old Dual Action gamepad work with them and found this cool piece of software.

https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce

The installation is really easy, just unzip the executable into the game's installationfolder, run it so it detects your controller, make button or axis adjustments if necessary, close it and play.
Initially I had some problems to make it work with Humans Must Answer but that was because I used the 64bit version, once I changed to the 32bit version it worked immidiately.
Now on to make it work for Insane 2 and other games.
Does it work with a SNES controller?
monkeydelarge: Does it work with a SNES controller?
If you have a USB adapter for it, yes.