It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For the occasion of the Bethesda Publisher Sale, we asked a couple of our teammates at GOG about their favorite games from this publisher, and why they loved those titles, or what made them special to them. Below, you can read the first story, from our Design Lead, Bartłomiej Feruś.

I always was a huge fan of the “what if” question. Maybe that’s why most pop culture ideas with the alternative curses of history are kinda “my thing”.

I was fresh after reading “The Plot Against America” by Philip Roth (I highly recommend this book if you didn’t read it yet!) when Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus came out. So, it caught my attention in an instant (I missed the previous part probably just because I didn’t play many new video games for some reason at the time when it came out).

I was sold right away by the believable world of alternative 1960s spiced up by sci-fi elements of diesel-punk flavor. The attention to detail in this world is stunning, just to mention re-imagining the most iconic rock bands of 60’s counterculture as German counterparts.

Other details can be admired in the gorgeous artbook or simply by carefully exploring the game. The story itself is filled with exaggerated characters and insanely crazy twists that Takashi Miike or Quentin Tarantino wouldn’t be ashamed of.

But, let’s not forget that all of this merely serves just a background for the main course that Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus has to offer - killing hordes of Nazis. And this aspect of the game is engaging the most. The amount of upgradeable gear to send the Nazis where they belong in a violent, but at the same time, a sophisticated way will please the pickiest enjoyer of shooters. All those ingredients I’ve mentioned smoothly blend into one satisfying mix called Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Jump into the second story about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
DD & Ji Ji: Below, you can read the first story, from our Design Lead, Bartłomiej Feruś.
*facepalm* Thanks. XD
DD & Ji Ji: Below, you can read the first story, from our Design Lead, Bartłomiej Feruś.
sanscript: *facepalm* Thanks. XD
As in the Worms games the worms say...

Now you feel like a stupid, right? (¬‿¬)
Am I the only one to notice the spelling mistake in the title?
cross3yed0ni: Why do people hate New Colossus? I thought people considered it pretty good when it came out.
It's great. It mostly gets hate only from a particular sort of internet people :D
cross3yed0ni: Why do people hate New Colossus? I thought people considered it pretty good when it came out.
XYCat: It's great. It mostly gets hate only from a particular sort of internet people :D
Yes, people with good taste.

I'm kidding, I haven't played the game and have no opinion on it.
Added:
• $7.49 • -75% • Dishonored 2

Edit:
Oh, it's not exactly a new addition – it's a price change.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post2836
Post edited May 23, 2022 by ciemnogrodzianin