It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MacArthur: Maybe that's why there wasn't any chrismas wish this year : they have signed (or nearly signed) all the major ones ! :)
I like, but don't share, your optimism.
Tannath: My money would be on Take Two. ZeniMax? No way! Bethesda? They are not into DRM-free. Forget the japanese companies as well, that market is locked down tight. Microsoft? A couple of years ago I'd say no way, now... I'm not so certain.
Johnathanamz: Well then I guess I can make you change your opinions on Microsoft.

I own 10 shares of Microsoft for a few years now. I'm keeping them and in the investor chat I talk to Microsoft executives once in a while and ask them if they will ever release the PC versions of their video games for sale on gog.com. Further what I discuss I cannot discuss here at all some investor meeting stuff is private and not allowed to be spoken about publicly.

I'm allowed to have a say, but Microsoft does not have to listen to me what I say since I'm not on their board.

However me owning 10 shares of Microsoft does not mean Microsoft has to listen to me. If you own $1billion dollars (USD) worth of shares from Microsoft, Microsoft just maybe will listen to you, but not even those people get listened to.

So are your opinions now changed that there are Microsoft investors asking the executives of Microsoft to release the PC versions of their video games for sale on gog.com?
I never said otherwise, and I'm glad there are, I was only remarking my impressions from the consumer's point of view of what MS as a company has been doing.
I like the Elder Scrolls games as much if not more than many as I was apart of the ground floor modding scene years ago(for Morrowind). But their lawyers could sh!t diamonds if you stuck coal up their butts when it comes to legal stuff.

I knew several people who by giving out the manual for the games THEY theirselves(as in bethesda/zenimax) gave the games for free! Got banned from the forum lol

I mean we're talking mental problems, like legit ones folks over in that camp. Not even disney as far as I know ever did that to the user base. They(zenimax) even socked websites with stop orders to a couple websites that gave out free manuals without changes of any kind or charge.
Post edited January 22, 2015 by Shmacky-McNuts
They couldn't even make a deal to keep the Fallouts, so... A clear "No" for ZeniMax. They love DRM and they absolutely adore Steam (remember this?). Take-Two is a bit more realistic, but I think the "biggie" they were hinting at is Microsoft. They tried Steam with some older games, so maybe they'll try GOG too, where people actually ask for their games! I can imagine they're looking for something else than the "Y U flood Steam with you're old crapz?" crowd ;)
Stranger things happend. So anything is possible. But ZeniMax is the most unlikely to come here. Take-Two, Microsoft are more likely.

Sure, would love to be able to play again BattleSpire, Redguard and some of the ID Software games ZeniMax are owning now. But, chances are slim. If EA, Activision, Ubi, Square are joined by the rest of big ones and those big ones are bringing even more of their back catalog here, only then ZeniMax will join the flock. Because ZeniMax is all about the hype and trend. GFWL was the rage, they added the damn thing to Fo3, Steam was trendy, they added Skyrim and FONV on Steam....
real.geizterfahr: They couldn't even make a deal to keep the Fallouts, so... A clear "No" for ZeniMax. They love DRM and they absolutely adore Steam (remember this?). Take-Two is a bit more realistic, but I think the "biggie" they were hinting at is Microsoft. They tried Steam with some older games, so maybe they'll try GOG too, where people actually ask for their games! I can imagine they're looking for something else than the "Y U flood Steam with you're old crapz?" crowd ;)
What can we get from microsoft?

Marathon, Age of Empires and Rise of Nations?
Elmofongo: Marathon
Marathon Trilogy is legally freeware.
The first two Halo, Fable 1+3, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, Age of Mythology, Viva Pinata, Crimson Skies, Zoo Tycoon series, Close Combat 1-3, Mechwarrior series, Midtown Madness, Motorcross Madness, Pandora's Box, Some of the older Flight Simulator games, Microsoft Train Simulator....

I'd say plenty of nice stuff.
Elmofongo: What can we get from microsoft?

Starlancer, Freelancer, Halo and Fable?
Elmofongo: What can we get from microsoft?

real.geizterfahr: Starlancer, Freelancer, Halo and Fable?
Speaking of Fable.

I have the original Xbox version of Fable The Lost Chapters and holy shit it aged poorly on a technical level.

Slow delays, Framerate Drops, and all around buggy.

So I am hoping to get the Anniversery Edition.

But I am divided wether I should get the PC Version of Xbox 360 version.

But everyone said the PC version of Fable Anniversery was shit in that its badly ported. So is the Xbox360 version OK and worth it?

wolfsrain: The first two Halo, Fable 1+3, Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends, Age of Mythology, Viva Pinata, Crimson Skies, Zoo Tycoon series, Close Combat 1-3, Mechwarrior series, Midtown Madness, Motorcross Madness, Pandora's Box, Some of the older Flight Simulator games, Microsoft Train Simulator....

I'd say plenty of nice stuff.
1. Did not know Microsoft owned the Mechwarrior Series.

3. I somewhat doubt Halo and Fable. and doubt even more Viva Pinata coming here,
Post edited January 22, 2015 by Elmofongo
Now that GOG has launched the beta of Galaxy, it's only a matter of time before more AAA publishers join the DRM-free revolution.

#TakeTwoAndZeniMaxIn2015
Post edited May 07, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
I do not think ZeniMax will join DRM free camp anytime soon. Just read few interviews with id Software guys, which are big part of ZeniMax about the need of DRM.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/gaming/id_softwares_tim_willits_diablo_drm_%E2%80%9C_end_its_better_everybody%E2%80%9D

http://gamingbolt.com/id-software-cofounder-defends-xbox-one-drm-policies
Take-Two could probably join, as I'm sure that sooner or later they will realize how much potential their older games could have here, but Zenimax? When fire will start feeling cold, maybe (and I say *maybe*) I will start believing that there is a small chance.
Imo, Zenimax is by far the most unreasonable publisher outside of Japan (despite the completely undeserved good reputation it has), and with the introduction of restricitons on new releases of former DRM-free old games I think they made pretty clear what their business model is.
"Bethesda claims to be DRM-free"... after a week, I'm still laughing fot that one!
Post edited May 07, 2015 by Enebias
T2 seems the most likely.
MS isn't unlikely though. Last year 1 of their higher ranking people said they want a bigger focus on Windows gaming once Windows 10 is out (can't find the article, might have been a paper magazine). Releasing old games here would definitely be cheap and easy marketing amongst gamers and game press for them. Not to mention that releasing their old games could create interest in some of their old(er) series.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by HertogJan
Take Two possible eventually but obviously not today. Zenimax is unlikely.