It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Banned because what do you think a sperm bank is for?

GamezRanker: banned for giving me good advice, though I'm already aware of the light indicator, but they just somehow keep seeing me. If the key is on the guards inside then why isn't it an objective to specifically get one? And what exactly does the other key from the guard by the well open? I've yet to find a use for it!

LegoDnD: banned because I know about the light indicator but I wasn't sure of the purpose of water arrows; I tried to shoot guards with it and they weren't hurt at all. I really don't see how I could have dropped the key, and I swear I only ever picked up a silver one. And I never knocked out or killed the guard by the well - I just picked his pocket. And lastly, I'd say including missions without a map is bad game design, as is including an insufficient list of objectives that don't include all required goals!
Banned for putting seeds into eggs.

Edit: banned because I got ninja'd.
Post edited August 06, 2021 by J Lo
HeresMyAccount: Banned because what do you think a sperm bank is for?

GamezRanker: banned for giving me good advice, though I'm already aware of the light indicator, but they just somehow keep seeing me. If the key is on the guards inside then why isn't it an objective to specifically get one? And what exactly does the other key from the guard by the well open? I've yet to find a use for it!

LegoDnD: banned because I know about the light indicator but I wasn't sure of the purpose of water arrows; I tried to shoot guards with it and they weren't hurt at all. I really don't see how I could have dropped the key, and I swear I only ever picked up a silver one. And I never knocked out or killed the guard by the well - I just picked his pocket. And lastly, I'd say including missions without a map is bad game design, as is including an insufficient list of objectives that don't include all required goals!
Banned for compelling me to break my promise, and sorry for making it if you're still invested in ironing out what went wrong.

Yeah those water arrows are a real life-saver, although I had a habit until Deadly Shadows to blow them all on every fire I saw and there'd often be a few still lit around the end when I ran out. Also I forgot that Garret automatically draws his own (still mediocre) map when there is none; I just forgot because *cringe laugh* I never needed to look at them! And I remember now: yes, Drunky at the outhouse has the objective key, and it's silver. So the copper key you were so hung up on wasn't important, the door(s) they open are only shortcuts or protect optional treasure. So when you used the silver key on a door, it was either the wrong door or you were further away than arm's reach.
LegoDnD: Yeah those water arrows are a real life-saver, although I had a habit until Deadly Shadows to blow them all on every fire I saw and there'd often be a few still lit around the end when I ran out. Also I forgot that Garret automatically draws his own (still mediocre) map when there is none; I just forgot because *cringe laugh* I never needed to look at them! And I remember now: yes, Drunky at the outhouse has the objective key, and it's silver. So the copper key you were so hung up on wasn't important, the door(s) they open are only shortcuts or protect optional treasure. So when you used the silver key on a door, it was either the wrong door or you were further away than arm's reach.
I was right up beside the door and it made a noise when I tried to use the key but it was like a noise to signify that it was wrong, and it didn't unlock the door, so I still couldn't open it. And in the video the player unlocked it with a copper key. So none of that makes sense. I can try again to be sure but I really think I did it right. If it still doesn't work I'll just have to give up though. Are the next two Thief games like this as well? If so then I might skip to the fourth one, because I think it seems more linear and easier to figure out. Don't get me wrong - I like free exploration and figuring out what to do involving a lot of different stuff in a large area, but in this case it's just a huge headache with way too many problems getting in my way. But does the fourth game have any story continuity with the previous trilogy so that I wouldn't know everything that happened before, or is it more of a remake/reboot?
^ banned for posting irrelevant material in the banning thread instead of using the "Start Conversation" feature
Banned because all material is important in the banning thread
^ You should be banned, banned, and triple banned, albinistic, because nowhere in his post was the word "banned" and he was duly banned for spamming and improper use of a thread.
banned cause you're out of ban points
HeresMyAccount: I was right up beside the door and it made a noise when I tried to use the key but it was like a noise to signify that it was wrong, and it didn't unlock the door, so I still couldn't open it. And in the video the player unlocked it with a copper key. So none of that makes sense. I can try again to be sure but I really think I did it right. If it still doesn't work I'll just have to give up though. Are the next two Thief games like this as well? If so then I might skip to the fourth one, because I think it seems more linear and easier to figure out. Don't get me wrong - I like free exploration and figuring out what to do involving a lot of different stuff in a large area, but in this case it's just a huge headache with way too many problems getting in my way. But does the fourth game have any story continuity with the previous trilogy so that I wouldn't know everything that happened before, or is it more of a remake/reboot?
You're banned for worrying about the copper keys, I assure you that door wasn't important. If you try it again and you do find a copper key, that's great. Doesn't it say what the silver key is for? The throne-room probably, that's where the target is.

Thief 2: The Metal Age is near identical in optimization, art-direction, and design; although 2 remains more loyal to stealth because the late-game enemies are robots instead of demons. (And the deadliest robots can be easily tricked into killing themselves if there's a wall within a foot of their right arm-cannon when they see you.) Thief 3: Deadly Shadows improves the graphics so that the frame-rate on my sissy desktop is a barely tolerable 15 fps and there's a slowly expanding hub-world in the form of city streets. Both maintain hand-drawn maps and 3 introduces little challenges to collect some of them, but 3 also replaces the lock-picking to be more involved and eliminates your trouble with keys entirely.

Thief 4's optimization, story, and hand-holding are all trash and a total disgrace to the series, but I might yet give it a chance just for being a playable stealth game that discourages murder. The details are irritatingly fuzzy on how it connects to previous games, but a Youtube commenter claims the new Garret is born centuries after the first and just happens to also have a young girl side-kick just like Garret obtained at the end of 3, so it seems plenty obvious it was originally meant to be a sequel and they made last-minute rewrites like making his right eye magical instead of (spoilers).
Post edited August 06, 2021 by LegoDnD
^ You all should be banned for spamming this thread with game topics when you should open a new discussion somewhere in HERE in the Thief Series game forum
low rated
^ Banned for making sense(and also so you can't ban me for posting more about games...mwahahaha!)
================================

HeresMyAccount: GamezRanker: banned for giving me good advice, though I'm already aware of the light indicator, but they just somehow keep seeing me.
My guess is that either you were very close(and they saw you anyways as you were too close to em), or they maybe heard you instead.

HeresMyAccount: If the key is on the guards inside then why isn't it an objective to specifically get one? And what exactly does the other key from the guard by the well open? I've yet to find a use for it!
The classic thief games are such that they expect you to figure out some of the small sub tasks yourself. As for the other key....it opens the very door of the well at the start. :)

HeresMyAccount: But does the fourth game have any story continuity with the previous trilogy so that I wouldn't know everything that happened before, or is it more of a remake/reboot?
It's essentially a restart to the series.
Post edited August 07, 2021 by GamezRanker
Banned for telling me useful information. LegoDnD is banned for the same reason. Thank you and how dare you answer my questions helpfully? Anyway, I tried again to open both locked doors in that little area under that short staircase, and it made a sound each time I tried to unlock them, but when I tried to open them nothing happened. I tried several times and it didn't do any good. I'll try a sequel I think. In any case, I think the fourth one may be fun, because despite its shortcomings, it seems more linear, which for me means that there's less of a chance that I'll get lost and incredibly frustrated, and there also seems to be a more thorough story, which is another good quality. Anyway, thanks for trying, but I don't see any way that I'll be able to get any further in the first game. So you're all banned!
low rated
^Banned for being too nice ;)

HeresMyAccount: Anyway, I tried again to open both locked doors in that little area under that short staircase, and it made a sound each time I tried to unlock them, but when I tried to open them nothing happened. I tried several times and it didn't do any good.
Ooooooh.....maybe it's a door you use the lockpicks on or that cannot be opened. Some doors/gates either don't open at all or have levers/switches/buttons nearby that open them. If no key or pick works, then one of those things is likely the case.
(if you want, you could describe where the door is and maybe also post a pic of the door and nearby areas so I/others can give ya better info :))

HeresMyAccount: I'll try a sequel I think. In any case, I think the fourth one may be fun, because despite its shortcomings, it seems more linear, which for me means that there's less of a chance that I'll get lost and incredibly frustrated, and there also seems to be a more thorough story, which is another good quality.
It is decent enough(despite what Lego says ;)), but note: it also has a big hub world(that connects mission areas) which can be a bit confusing sometimes, and there is also some item hunting to progress.

-

Side musing: maybe we can get the title changed to add (and game advice) to the end? ;D
Post edited August 07, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: ^ Banned for making sense(and also so you can't ban me for posting more about games...mwahahaha!)
================================
^ banned for posting more about games!

:P
Banned because at least now it's over...right?