It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sebarnolds: But where is our new Lucasarts release ? :(
JudasIscariot: Have you finished all the other ones already? :)
Back in the day, yes, several times but I must confess that I didn't finished the ones I bought last week :)
Just when I thought that Crimsonland was the coolest "let's nuke some alien bastards" GOG gives me Infested Planet.
It looks STUNNING.

Impressions, please!!!
Max_R: Weren't you GoodOldGames.com? :)
JudasIscariot: Yeah and we just recently put out some nice good old games so everything's working on our end :)
Patiently waiting, wasn't really interested in the last batch of Lucasarts classics except KotoR. :P
JudasIscariot: Yeah and we just recently put out some nice good old games so everything's working on our end :)
omega64: Patiently waiting, wasn't really interested in the last batch of Lucasarts classics except KotoR. :P
Well, it took six years so what's a little bit longer, eh? :D
omega64: Patiently waiting, wasn't really interested in the last batch of Lucasarts classics except KotoR. :P
JudasIscariot: Well, it took six years so what's a little bit longer, eh? :D
Sorry to be this nosey your conversation, but you guys are dealing with a generation of impatient people. Tragic or comic, it's true.
I (and many more, trust me) can wait a whole year to see our favorite -Lucasfilm or whatever- games available here and still half of our GOG shelves won't be even touched.

I can figure out that you guys have a huge lot of work (sleepless nights, contracts, money issues) to bring these drm-free titles for us and I'm damn grateful. Buying here is way better than everywhere else: it's more than buying :)
vicklemos: Sorry to be this nosey your conversation, but you guys are dealing with a generation of impatient people.
Yeah, we kinda figured that one out a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away :P
vicklemos: Sorry to be this nosey your conversation, but you guys are dealing with a generation of impatient people. Tragic or comic, it's true.
I (and many more, trust me) can wait a whole year to see our favorite -Lucasfilm or whatever- games available here and still half of our GOG shelves won't be even touched.

I can figure out that you guys have a huge lot of work (sleepless nights, contracts, money issues) to bring these drm-free titles for us and I'm damn grateful. Buying here is way better than everywhere else: it's more than buying :)
That's why I said patiently, I can wait. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have them. ;)
vicklemos: Sorry to be this nosey your conversation, but you guys are dealing with a generation of impatient people.
JudasIscariot: Yeah, we kinda figured that one out a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away :P
I laughed. Me included! It's an everyday thing, you know? :P
Can't lie to that mirror guy. But I try my best. Just sometimes (here I am, lying again) :D

vicklemos: Sorry to be this nosey your conversation, but you guys are dealing with a generation of impatient people. Tragic or comic, it's true.

omega64: That's why I said patiently, I can wait. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have them. ;)
I know, man. But those who can REALLY without "suffering" are little. And why "suffer"? Patience is a major key when it comes to good living, I believe.
This happens 'cause GOG said "20+ games" and people are "heck where are my 14 or 15 others?"
It's not always their fault. Sometimes it's that weird sense of "I'm a completionist dude/dudette" :)
This is hard to cease/stop. I've been there.

Enough! Now it's time to play my good ol' Monkey Island remake purchased last week...

... while I wait for the others in the series!! :)
just kiddin' ;)
Post edited November 06, 2014 by vicklemos
But Infested Planet isn't a Lucasarts game.
TheJoe: But Infested Planet isn't a Lucasarts game.
Never implied that it was :P
It's not really a matter of patience. It's a dislike for these smug little marketing tricks, and all the assumptions they are based upon. As said before, I like to see what is available in a shop when i enter a shop, I don't need the owner to keep stuff behind his back and pop them out one after the other, with some "aaaaaand waiiiit for the other haaaand, but... look at my left haaaand for now... aaaand...".

If it was technical issues, fine. But deliberately setting up a "buying order" because if people stare at the available ones for long enough they'll buy them more before the next ones, is simply insultingly creepy.

When I arrived on GOG, a lot of games were available, I was looking into the library and buying those I wanted. Maybe they should make games appear only in paced sequences to the new customers, so that they'll buy more of them ?

Seriously, it's part of a general triumphant "marketing mentality" that I find very facepalm-worthy, on gog and elsewhere.

(The $19.99999999999 thingy is also illustrative of that mentality, at some more mundane level.)
Post edited November 06, 2014 by Telika
JudasIscariot: Never implied that it was :P
But what was the point in releasing a non-Lucasarts game at a time like this?
Why don't you dudes and dudettes go play some games for change? You'll get your LucasArts fix ;)
People acting like like 13 year old girls..be patient,lucasarts is here so games will eventualy come
Telika: It's not really a matter of patience. It's a dislike for these smug little marketing tricks, and all the assumptions they are based upon. As said before, I like to see what is available in a shop when i enter a shop, I don't need the owner to keep stuff behind his back and pop them out one after the other, with some "aaaaaand waiiiit for the other haaaand, but... look at my left haaaand for now... aaaand...".

If it was technical issues, fine. But deliberately setting up a "buying order" because if people stare at the available ones for long enough they'll buy them more before the next ones, is simply insultingly creepy.

When I arrived on GOG, a lot of games were available, I was looking into the library and buying those I wanted. Maybe they should make games appear only in paced sequences to the new customers, so that they'll buy more of them ?

Seriously, it's part of a general triumphant "marketing mentality" that I find very facepalm-worthy, on gog and elsewhere.

(The $19.99999999999 thingy is also illustrative of that mentality, at some more mundale level.)
I agree to some extend. But more because I feel marketing is stupid most of the time. Then again it is aimed at stupid people. "here buy this thing that you would never have bought in this amount so you save x amount of dollars" and in the end of the day you spend more money then you would have. I do think gog play the card you discribed, fueled by Judas's cringeworthy comments "have you finished (aka bought) the last ones already', hoping you will buy them out of impatience for the next releases. But like I said that works only on stupid people and like you said people that see trough this might get insulted.