It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Because of the limited amount of releases, ideally they'll bundle Maniac Mansion with Day Of The Tentacle. I know DOTT has MM built in to it, but last I knew SCUMMVM had difficulties switching from one to the other in-game.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by Barry_Woodward
HypersomniacLive: Or it could just be me living in the past! ;-P
CarrionCrow: Nothing wrong with that. A lot of the games were much, much better back then.
Games got much, much worse since Yesterday?!? Why? What happened?
:-P
Barry_Woodward: Because of the limited amount of releases, ideally they'll bundle Maniac Mansion with Day Of The Tentacle.
Plus the fact that the first one can be found as a game-within-a-game in the second one - that's bound to make a lot of people think the first one is a bit superfluous...

*edit* Ninja'd by an edit!
Post edited October 30, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
HypersomniacLive: Or it could just be me living in the past! ;-P
CarrionCrow: Nothing wrong with that. A lot of the games were much, much better back then.
I don't know about that. I think people demanded a lot less from games back then because there were unavoidable technological constraints.
Fever_Discordia: Plus the fact that the first one can be found as a game-within-a-game in the second one - that's bound to make a lot of people think the first one is a bit superfluous...
How does that exactly work? you get to play a full MM game in the middle of DotT?
OdanUrr: I don't know about that. I think people demanded a lot less from games back then because there were unavoidable technological constraints.
Point taken. I don't think that applies 100% but there have been several times when I went back to playing games I thought were timeless, but with the advances made just don't hold up. The original Conan comes to mind. Being able to throw the sword and have it come back to me was the GREATEST THING EVER, but now when I play it it's no big deal that effect is so commonplace, not to mention faster and better looking.
Fever_Discordia: Games got much, much worse since Yesterday?!? Why? What happened?
Was going to try for a joke, but it's either way too early or far too late, depending on how you look at it. So instead, I'll just point at an article talking about how I could get the brand new Call of Duty from Walmart a day early and say, "That. All of that. The whole statement. That makes games worse just by existing."
Fever_Discordia: Games got much, much worse since Yesterday?!? Why? What happened?
Barry_Woodward: Because of the limited amount of releases, ideally they'll bundle Maniac Mansion with Day Of The Tentacle.
Fever_Discordia: Plus the fact that the first one can be found as a game-within-a-game in the second one - that's bound to make a lot of people think the first one is a bit superfluous...

*edit* Ninja'd by an edit!
Only the original Maniac Mansion is included, not the enhanced version.
OdanUrr: I don't know about that. I think people demanded a lot less from games back then because there were unavoidable technological constraints.
Probably a combination of lower expectations on the tech side mixed with the need for people to provide more depth and substance since they couldn't use graphics as a crutch.
tinyE: Point taken. I don't think that applies 100% but there have been several times when I went back to playing games I thought were timeless, but with the advances made just don't hold up. The original Conan comes to mind. Being able to throw the sword and have it come back to me was the GREATEST THING EVER, but now when I play it it's no big deal that effect is so commonplace, not to mention faster and better looking.
Agreed, what I said doesn't apply 100%, there are a few games that stand the test of time surprisingly well.
svmariscal: How does that exactly work? you get to play a full MM game in the middle of DotT?
Yes. There is a computer in one room which when used starts Maniac Mansion.
Can't remember which version of Maniac Mansion though.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by Erich_Zann
svmariscal: How does that exactly work? you get to play a full MM game in the middle of DotT?
Erich_Zann: Yes. There is a computer in one room which when used starts Maniac Mansion.
Can't remember which version of Maniac Mansion though.
Well, that's nice and all, but I still want my proper MM release.
Telika: And remember, my friend. Past events such as these will affect you in the past. Will have affected you. Have already affected. Will have been affecting. Aah fuck that.
Hey, I get that reference! :-D

Pull the strink!
Yesterday was quite bad to be honest. Mystery game that reveals the villain before the story even begins... and those poor comedy elements...
:)
tinyE: Point taken. I don't think that applies 100% but there have been several times when I went back to playing games I thought were timeless, but with the advances made just don't hold up. The original Conan comes to mind. Being able to throw the sword and have it come back to me was the GREATEST THING EVER, but now when I play it it's no big deal that effect is so commonplace, not to mention faster and better looking.
OdanUrr: Agreed, what I said doesn't apply 100%, there are a few games that stand the test of time surprisingly well.
I feel like testing this out with two games from the Commodore 64; PSI-5 Trading Company and Koronis Rift. I can remember yelling at my crew while playing PSI-5, and my friends getting a good laugh out of watching me yell at my monitor.
GOG was pretty consistent on their release times for a couple of weeks. I wonder what is holding them up today? Hopefully Star Wars Droidworks :-)