It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah it seems very odd that there was no weekly sale this week yet the winter sale hasn't started. What's taking so long?
low rated
Well,I don't know why everyone is excited because Winter doesn't start until June 2019...yuk yuk yuk.
Tauto: Well,I don't know why everyone is excited because Winter doesn't start until June 2019...yuk yuk yuk.
Hi Tauto.
I would like to ask, out of pure curiosity, how is it possible to have negative reputation?
If it turns out that the sale is delayed because GOG staff can't handle their new storefront design, I'll laugh hard.

Yesterday (or the day before) I noticed that the GOG logo in the header had changed for a couple of hours and then back to the current version. That logo was almost the same, except it was a little bit smaller and with "GOG.COM" line under it. It seems to me that I already saw that version of logo in header during one of the previous sales.
Post edited December 13, 2018 by OHMYGODJCABOMB
OHMYGODJCABOMB: If it turns out that the sale is delayed because GOG staff can't handle their new storefront design, I'll laugh hard.

Yesterday (or the day before) I noticed that the GOG logo in the header had changed for a couple of hours and then back to the current version. That logo was almost the same, except it was a little bit smaller and with "GOG.COM" line under it. It seems to me that I already saw that version of logo in header during one of the previous sales.
i noticed that too but when it changed back i thought i had been seeing things.
Tauto: Well,I don't know why everyone is excited because Winter doesn't start until June 2019...yuk yuk yuk.
Fate-is-one-edge: Hi Tauto.
I would like to ask, out of pure curiosity, how is it possible to have negative reputation?
By working really hard for it. No envy, please. That reputation was fully earned by Tauto! ;-)

(or, if you don't want to work for negative rep by alienating everyone in the forum, you might take the shortcut and just alienate a few specific trolls who like using downrep scripts.)
OHMYGODJCABOMB: If it turns out that the sale is delayed because GOG staff can't handle their new storefront design, I'll laugh hard.

That'd be really funny.
The 'on sale' tab on the front page is now called 'our friends'.
Was that the case before?
Fate-is-one-edge: Hi Tauto.
Lifthrasil: By working really hard for it. No envy, please. That reputation was fully earned by Tauto! ;-)

(or, if you don't want to work for negative rep by alienating everyone in the forum, you might take the shortcut and just alienate a few specific trolls who like using downrep scripts.)
Hi there.
Thanks for your reply.
Is there a GOG.com article on how the reputatuion system works?
Can't seem to find one.

If anyone cares to share details feel free.
Aemenyn: The 'on sale' tab on the front page is now called 'our friends'.
Was that the case before?
No

Thronebreaker is on sale, too.
Post edited December 13, 2018 by BeatriceElysia
I got GoG bear couple of times in last minutes. I smell something behind the corner:)
Fate-is-one-edge: Is there a GOG.com article on how the reputatuion system works?
I don't know whether there is still an article on that. But the short answer is: it doesn't. Rep is thoroughly broken and all members, who stick around for a while, realize sooner or later that it doesn't mean anything.

Longer answers:
-you gain 1 rep for each day of forum activity
-you gain 5 rep for providing the answer to a thread marked as question, if the thread opener marks your answer as the solution of the problem.
-you gain up to 5 rep for a post of you being upvoted by sufficient people (little green +)
-you lose up to 5 rep for a one of your posts being downvoted by several people (litte red -)

And that's where the 'broken' stuff comes in. GOG doesn't check whether the accounts that do the up or downvoting are actual active community members or just bots. So there are some people around here who have several alt-accounts and run scripts that seek out every single post of some person they don't like, downvoting each of them. In that way the target of such a bot-attack can lose rep very quickly. The same also works the other way round. I.e. the people using these alt-accounts can, of course, also upvote their own main account. So all in all the Rep number has become arbitrary and just oscillates up and down, depending on whether you caught the attention of one of these trolls or not.
Fate-is-one-edge: Is there a GOG.com article on how the reputatuion system works?
Can't seem to find one.

Long story short. See these "plus" and "minus" icons in the upper corner of each forum post (except your own)? Plus increases reputation, while minus decreases it.

The number of your forum posts also increases your reputation.
Fate-is-one-edge: [snip]
Hi there.
Thanks for your reply.
Is there a GOG.com article on how the reputatuion system works?
Can't seem to find one.

There's this, but it doesn't go into too much detail:
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212183029-What-is-this-rep-thing-on-the-forums-

Can't recall atm what the conditions are for increasing rep by posting, or how much rep you get for posting the solution to a question topic. Some other users should probably know that.

Edit: Yay, double ninja'd :D
Post edited December 13, 2018 by Aemenyn
low rated
Everyone must resist the urge of spending during the sale. This is a golden opportunity to vote with our wallets by not buying any games during the sale.