It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pillars of eternity? Dragon age?
you mean 2000 - 2010?

Shit, it's gonna take me a while to take stock of all the RPGs made in that span.
Divine Divinity
zlaywal: Divine Divinity

Okay, THIS. THIS THIS THIS
Gothic 2, Morrowind, Arcanum, Fallout New Vegas, Witcher Series, Titan Quest/Grim Dawn both, Vampire the Masquerades Bloodlines, Might and Magic VIII Day of the Destroyer, Mount and Blade Warband ( i use the term rpg loosely here), Mask of the Betrayer expac to NWN2 and throw in all Larian Games too simply because i enjoy them.
Post edited December 04, 2018 by ChrisGamer300
wy4786: Pillars of eternity? Dragon age?
Take a list from moby, games between your dates, then ask a hundred different people and be prepared for 80-90 different answers. These kinds of questions never go anywhere.
Deus Ex
Fallout: New Vegas. Which I also believe to be the greatest game of all time.

But, even with that said, is there a choice for "all of the above"?

I have heard that GOG favors RPGs over other genres because that is what their customers like. I can only speak for myself; I certainly fit that bill!
Some of my favorites:

Wizardry 8.
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song.
Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC version).
Final Fantasy 5 Advance (even though that game is almost identical to the SFC version except for endgame/postgame bonus content).

(Side note: While I wouldn't count them as favorites as I haven't played either, D&D 3.5e and 4e would qualify for this topic, as they are RPGs released in the 2000s; you never said they had to be CRPGs.)
wy4786: Pillars of eternity? Dragon age?
nightcraw1er.488: Take a list from moby, games between your dates, then ask a hundred different people and be prepared for 80-90 different answers. These kinds of questions never go anywhere.
True. But there are bound to be some dominant titles
tinyE: you mean 2000 - 2010?

Shit, it's gonna take me a while to take stock of all the RPGs made in that span.
Yeap :)
I realised that graphics, gameplay as well as player preferences has changed quite a bit. I wonder how the old favorites are holding up.
What is the first game that comes to mind?
Post edited December 04, 2018 by wy4786
Picking just one is too difficult, plus you didn't specify whether you mean 2000-10 or just 2000+, so ...

pre 2010:
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
Neverwinter Nights (for longevity & modding community, not for official campaigns)
Arx Fatalis
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

around 2010:
Mass Effect series, especially ME2 (despite hating the changes in the beginning)
Nehrim: At Fate's Edge

post 2010:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Enderal: The Shards of Order (haven't finished it yet because respawning enemies spoilt my fun somewhat, but it's still a great and memorable game despite that)
Post edited December 04, 2018 by Leroux
nightcraw1er.488: Take a list from moby, games between your dates, then ask a hundred different people and be prepared for 80-90 different answers. These kinds of questions never go anywhere.
wy4786: True. But there are bound to be some dominant titles
tinyE: you mean 2000 - 2010?

wy4786: Yeap :)
I realised that graphics, gameplay as well as player preferences has changed quite a bit. I wonder how the old favorites are holding up.
What is the first game that comes to mind?
That's what blew me away about your choice. My first thought was, no way it came out after 2000, but it did. So then I thought, but it's so jaded, so rough, older. Alas, THEN I thought about all the time I have spent playing the game, past and present, and for whatever reason IT HOLDS UP. Don't ask me how or why but it's still an amazing game and despite the improvements with the genre throughout the years, it still stands as my favorite.
Wizardry 8
Arcanum
Dungeon Siege
Gothic 2
Sacred
Dungeon Lords
Night Watch
KotOR 2
Drakensang
Dragon Age

and a few more :p
zlaywal: Divine Divinity
I logged in just to say that :D

It's not a flawless game by any stretch, but I love it so much. It was the first RPG I really got into, and I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it.

I'm actually a bit scared of replaying it now, of discovering it does not hold up.

EDIT 1: I also really loved Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader... at least the part set in Barcelona. After that it goes downhill fast, but that Barcelona part on it's own could be my favorite RPG ever.

EDIT 2: And of course Drakensang and The River of Time. I think those are for me what Baldur's Gate is for most people.
Post edited December 04, 2018 by Breja
tinyE: Okay, THIS. THIS THIS THIS
Breja: It's not a flawless game by any stretch, but I love it so much. It was the first RPG I really got into, and I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it.
The key word is favorite. Not the greatest or perfect, but man I love that game.