It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the phrase "yer rippin ma knittin!" - within context to somebody using ALL CAPS
Post edited January 09, 2021 by Sachys
The thing that makes me happy at the moment is, unfortunately, not something that may be discussed here. (In particular, it would violate the "no political discussion unrelated to games".
Im finishing Death Stranding., damn its long game.

Really good if you look for something different.
Post edited January 09, 2021 by GreatWarriox
low rated
dtgreene: The thing that makes me happy at the moment is, unfortunately, not something that may be discussed here. (In particular, it would violate the "no political discussion unrelated to games".
******** having their twitter account deleted?

*Modded by Beaubergine. Kindly refrain from using vulgar language and slurs against anyone on the forum*
Post edited January 12, 2021 by Beaubergine
low rated
matterbandit: After 10 months of being on a waiting list due to pandemic-burdened hospitals, my mom finally got to consult an ophthalmologist today to get her eyes examined. Never seen her so ecstatic to visit a hospital! Made me happy to see her happy.
Question: Y'all can only get eye tests in hospitals?

(I ask as over here, one can get them in many places....even Walmarts)

Btw, am glad to hear the good news. :)

=-=-=

klogd: A**holes* having their twitter account deleted?
A head's up: big tech will likely soon be clamping down on all users across the board.

(to all: the above is ontopic because it sort of makes me happy)
Post edited January 09, 2021 by GamezRanker
I saw this video "Far Cry series rated from the worst to the best":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4cisw6I6c

SPOILER ALERT to the rating:

To my positive surprise, he rated Far Cry 2 as the second best game in the series, right after Far Cry 3, even saying that FC2 is actually his favorite in the series, but he still rates FC3 as a better, more polished version of the game. (The original FC was also rated pretty high in the list, but was also considered not having aged that particularly well).

I knew it that I am not alone in this world enjoying Far Cry 2 a lot! It always seemed at least in this forum that everyone else hates the game, but not me. As he said, it is mainly the atmosphere that makes the game, and you just have to get over the MINOR quibbles like enemies (and supplies, mind you) respawning if you re-enter the map area.

I guess I need to play Far Cry 3 at some point too. I presume it can be bought for a deep discount nowadays. And ýeah I've been meaning to replay Far Cry 2 too.
Post edited January 10, 2021 by timppu
This!
Shoveling snow for my mom. I'm normally not keen about shoveling snow, but I guess it felt good doing something very physical after a lethargic weekend. :)

GamezRanker: Question: Y'all can only get eye tests in hospitals?

(I ask as over here, one can get them in many places....even Walmarts)
An ophthalmologist is a physician who can perform surgery, which is why they usually work in hospitals and clinics, at least that's the case in my neck of the woods. When you mentioned Walmart, maybe you were thinking of an optometrist or optician? Though I admit I'm unfamiliar with how things work in the US.
Post edited January 18, 2021 by matterbandit
low rated
matterbandit: An ophthalmologist is a physician who can perform surgery, which is why they usually work in hospitals and clinics, at least that's the case in my neck of the woods. When you mentioned Walmart, maybe you were thinking of an optometrist or optician? Though I admit I'm unfamiliar with how things work in the US.
Yes, that is what I meant...my mistake. :)
Post edited January 18, 2021 by GamezRanker

*Modded by Beaubergine. Kindly refrain from using vulgar language and slurs against anyone on the forum*
The fact that a mod of this forum has declared using slurs against anyone of the forum is against the rules.

(Not making this a direct reply of the original post simply because the comment quoted was not made by the original poster, so crediting and notifying them makes little sense here.)
My non vegan friends had sushi, I made me rosemary potatoes, mushrooms and kidney beans. Heading for a coffee together - I haven't had anything in a bar in a good while. I actually prefer staying at home with friends than going out to bars. But you miss meeting people randomly there.
Last night a friend I hadn't seen for a while joined me and best friend at home. We had some tipsy updates.
Post edited January 19, 2021 by Dogmaus
Fireplace.
It's been a good day but gamingly speaking I have finally finished all Super Hexagon levels. I feel it as a big "accomplishment" as a player as I'm not a natural and it took me a lot to master it. I'll still fire it up to make my personal records better and get good at the last part after the last level.
Might have been a dour turn at midnight, but then I realised I'm now only one short of being the answer. ;)
Discovery +