It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I learned that Disco Elysium is getting a free upgrade next year that includes voice acting.
All Christmas food has been eaten at least most of them.
The same thing that made me happy yesterday and what makes me happy for the rest of my life:

My family.
TencentInvestor: I learned that Disco Elysium is getting a free upgrade next year that includes voice acting.
And the German patch should be hopefully ready by then! :)
So I can play reading German and listening to English! Can't wait!
I've been living at my friends place as we make each other company during the holidays, watching BoJack Horseman in German (I have to admit that Aaron Paul voice as Todd is something else but still enjoyable), got me the cutest handmade fuchsia quilted small purse and others for my friends, cheap gifts with style and I supported a local business. I got free Darkest Dungeon and probably I might enjoy Solitairtica too. And I've been cooking more creative stuff than usual - I'm usually an "insalatara", funny word meaning that I usually go on making salads rather than cooking - I wonder if there is an English equivalent.
"The Queen's Gambit"
Dogmaus: I'm usually an "insalatara", funny word meaning that I usually go on making salads rather than cooking - I wonder if there is an English equivalent.
Kitchen Porter in training.
Dogmaus: I wonder if there is an English equivalent.
I have a strange example of a word in Spanish that *should* have an English equivalent, but does not for whatever reason, namely the word estadounidense. It's a word that relates to the US much the same way that Spanish would relate to Spain, Italian to Italy, or Polish to Poland. It's a word that indicates the nationality of a person (as opposed to indicating a language, which is something different but in English often the same word is used for both).

Thing is, for whatever reason, English has no word to indicate US nationality in this way, even though English is the primary language in the United States! Nearly everyone here speaks English, and our constitution and laws are written in English, signs are in English (usually without any translations, though that may differ in some areas), and so on. So, why isn't there an English word for the nationality of a country where English is the main language?

(I believe the US doesn't technically have an official language, but it might as well be English.)

Some people use the term "American", but I take issue with that because America is a continent that includes countries like Canada and Brazil, not just the US.

Edit: Side note: Japanese separates the word for language (nihongo = Japanese (language)) from the word for nationality (nihonjin = Japanese person); English doesn't generally do this.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by dtgreene
dtgreene: So, why isn't there an English word for the nationality of a country where English is the main language?

Some people use the term "American", but I take issue with that because America is a continent that includes countries like Canada and Brazil, not just the US.
Hello Yankee.
I got the chance to play with two of my best online friends on Fallout 76 today. It's been well over a month since we got to play all together and we enjoyed about 4 or 5 hours of game time. A great way to close a crappy year!
After 10 months of being on a waiting list due to pandemic-burdened hospitals, my mom finally got to consult an ophthalmologist today to get her eyes examined. Never seen her so ecstatic to visit a hospital! Made me happy to see her happy.
Got barrier (a program that allows you to share a keyboard and mouse with multiple computers) working between my desktop and my Raspberry Pi.

(barrier is a fork of synergy before they went proprietary and started charging money)
Getting a good night's sleep was a good start, and then watching our dog watching the garbage men collect the garbage. Dunno why he's fascinated by it, maybe it's the rotating press on their truck, but it's cute.
I got enough sleep :)
A friend told me if I apply and get a job in her city I can stay at her place until I get paid and can afford a room! So now I am unemployed in two different cities! XD
Catching up on sleep during my 3-day weekend! Eating leftover Xmas sweets! Overdosing on green tea!

Dogmaus: So now I am unemployed in two different cities! XD
This made me laugh! ;)
Post edited January 03, 2021 by matterbandit