It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Day off work! So happy to have spent it doing absolutely nothing constructive! :)

Dogmaus: My heart is pounding, I finally got an online interview. I got tired of sending applications without receiving any feedback, so the other day after crying in despair I wrote a letter directly to an agency and now I got this mail for the interview. I hope it goes well, I have never done an online interview before. The working place will be hard for me to reach without a car, I hope the train times will be acceptable for them.
Best of luck to you! Remember, even if you do not land this job, consider this experience good practice! :) The more interviews you do, the more confident you will become, because each interview is a learning experience. ;)

I used to video record myself in a pretend interview with myself to help me practice and ease my anxieties over interviews. I still hate interviews, but it helped me better control the butterflies in my tummy. :P
Post edited November 19, 2020 by matterbandit
high rated
I woke up to find one of my videos on YouTube has gained 10k views in a day! I'm not a big channel so it's very exciting to see this kind of growth for me! I think because someone popular on Tiktok recently told their viewers not to watch a certain film, their viewers seemed to have all googled for this film, and because I do film reviews/video essays on films - one of my videos covered this exact film they're searching for, and it's one of the top results for videos when you google the film - so many people seem to have found my video essay.

The way that SEO can pick up on trends like this is so exciting!
Not so much happy as laughing as the ridiculousness of it all:

Supposedly Last of Us 2 got more awards than Doom, Ghost of Tsushima, AND FFVII reboot.
Post edited November 21, 2020 by GamesRater
high rated
My new coffee machine.
high rated
GamesRater: Supposedly Last of Us 2 got more awards than Doom, Ghost of Tsushima, AND FFVII reboot.
Well, they did put a lot of work into accessibility options for that game, to the point where I believe it's even possible for a blind person to complete the game without sighted assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDdino-umA

(Link above is to a GAConf 2000 talk on accessibility of Last of Us Part II, and it's 46 and a half minutes long.)
high rated
GamesRater: Not so much happy as laughing as the ridiculousness of it all:

Supposedly Last of Us 2 got more awards than Doom, Ghost of Tsushima, AND FFVII reboot.

Lolololol
I don't fully understand the hate that game gets honestly. I've personally really enjoyed it, I've been playing it on the evening and it's like settling down to an enjoyable film. The characters are very engaging imo, and although the gameplay can get repetitive at times, I think TLOU2 manages to stop it from becoming monotonous by making the extra challenges more interesting than the previous game. To each their own though of course, I've yet to play Doom Eternal, Ghosts Of Tsushima and the Final Fantasy VII remake but I bet they're amazing.

Not trying to go off-topic though, what made me happy today is that I reached 2k subscribers on my YouTube channel which I know isn't a lot compared to better channels, but I think it's a good milestone to celebrate lol. Also ahead on my uni assignments too which is such a relief, I can't help but feel happy about that :)
high rated
My wife's burger.
low rated
dtgreene: Well, they did put a lot of work into accessibility options for that game, to the point where I believe it's even possible for a blind person to complete the game without sighted assistance.
The thing is, games aren't rated on ONLY things like accessibility....they are rated on things like story/characters/gameplay/etc.

(Though that is an interesting factoid...thanks for posting it)

=============

OliverBagshaw: I don't fully understand the hate that game gets honestly.
It was less about the gameplay itself and rather the "punch down" style of messaging put into it.

(For one thing, the game basically infers that white straight male religious types are all whackos[all the villains of the main human enemies are white male religious men], and that people from marginalized groups are moral paragons)

OliverBagshaw: I've personally really enjoyed it, I've been playing it on the evening and it's like settling down to an enjoyable film. The characters are very engaging imo, and although the gameplay can get repetitive at times, I think TLOU2 manages to stop it from becoming monotonous by making the extra challenges more interesting than the previous game. To each their own though of course, I've yet to play Doom Eternal, Ghosts Of Tsushima and the Final Fantasy VII remake but I bet they're amazing.
I might somewhat like the game as well(although after the controversy i'd likely buy it used or cheap)...that aside, the fact that the game that hits all the PC culture checkboxes conveniently also got the most awards is not a surprise in 2020.

OliverBagshaw: Not trying to go off-topic though, what made me happy today is that I reached 2k subscribers on my YouTube channel which I know isn't a lot compared to better channels, but I think it's a good milestone to celebrate lol. Also ahead on my uni assignments too which is such a relief, I can't help but feel happy about that :)
This is nice to hear.....congratulations :)
high rated
Ignore GamesRa*er, he's just triggered and hasn't even played the game. He "heard" stuff about it and jumped on the haterwagon because that's what those people do. Notice how he derailed this topic since it wasn't even something that made him happy, as per the topic...he can't even leave alone the one topic here where people can just be positive. Would be nice if a mod came by and deleted these off-topic posts (including this one of course).
high rated
....to bring back "The Happiness" in this thread.

This made me happy today. I can't get it out of my head. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHreGgTJEM
high rated
Got my brand new M720 logitech wireless mouse and it's a dream to use. My old (+- 8 years old) logitech wireless started to give weird problems (after a recent fall from the desk) which manifested in a very weird way : actually mousing over buttons did not always highlight them, and phantom clicks would sometimes be registered.
low rated

Ignore GamesRa*er, he's just triggered....
Please note this post bit I made above: "I might somewhat like the game as well...."

Also my original post fits the thread as the news about the awards show made me laugh.

Now please, try to take your own advice and keep to the topic at hand.

=====

Ontopic: I had some cake yesterday and today.....feeling happy atm as my belly is full of cake (choc and vanilla).
(Edit: Posted some more "sensitive" ontopic in my own personal thread, so as to not derail this one)
=====

Hate-Chan2000: This made me happy today. I can't get it out of my head. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHreGgTJEM
This looks nice....thanks for posting it. :)
(going to watch it in a bit)

=====

Matewis: Got my brand new M720 logitech wireless mouse and it's a dream to use. My old (+- 8 years old) logitech wireless started to give weird problems (after a recent fall from the desk) which manifested in a very weird way : actually mousing over buttons did not always highlight them, and phantom clicks would sometimes be registered.
I go through mice every year or so(usually because they're cheap)....so I can relate.

BTW how much did you pay, if I may ask? Get a good deal?
GamesRater: I go through mice every year or so(usually because they're cheap)....so I can relate.

BTW how much did you pay, if I may ask? Get a good deal?
conversion comes out to about $55
low rated
Matewis: conversion comes out to about $55
Pricey, but I bet the quality is good for that price. Hope ya have fun with it.

===

More ontopic: I actually loved the first Last of Us game....great setting, theme, characters, etc......might go back and replay it for the nth time someday soon.
Hate-Chan2000: This made me happy today.
You make me happy ;-)