It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Matewis: Just managed to fix my keyboard after I spilled about a mouthful of coffee on it accidentally. At first the keyboard worked fine, but then after a couple of seconds the keys got mixed up (pressing Tab results in Esc action etc.) and then after a few more seconds it stopped working altogether.
Tried placing it in the oven on the lowest possible heat to evaporate the coffee, but that did nothing. So I opened up the entire thing, up to the little membranes with the circuitry for the different button presses, and saw that there was coffee in between them. Opened it up carefully, dried it, reassembled it and Voila!
What dedication(and TBH i'm pleasantly surprised that oven bit didn't mess it up even more)....I used to do so back when I had a desktop/tower PC and know how much work it can be to even clean them.
GameRager: ... TBH i'm pleasantly surprised that oven bit didn't mess it up even more...
Yes I was very wary of that, which is why I kept the oven door open in addition to the low heat. Not that it helped in any case
My wife.
low rated
Matewis: Yes I was very wary of that, which is why I kept the oven door open in addition to the low heat. Not that it helped in any case
Eh, it might've helped dry it a bit. :)

That said, some advice for the future(if needed):

1. Try to mitigate/prevent too much liquid/etc from spilling on it if possible.
2. Use paper towels/etc to soak up as much as possible, then(if just liquid that isn't sticky/etc) use a hair dryer on low to dry it a bit more.
3. Then open it up and use more paper towels to get the bigger left over puddles and also smaller implements(I used q tips myself a few times) to get the rest.
I have a fever and I'm watching Netflix in bed under the duvet, and people are just being nice with me.
Next Friday is Humble Bundle release.
low rated
It has begun! Once again, i had been right, before! I even warned them, but no! They knew better and i was labelled a stupid hatemonger.

Tough luck. Now deal with it, wisecrack, delusionary cons! I ain't lifting a finger to help you. I was almost persecuted, where and when i intended to do just that! Thanks to you, i am going to lose what is mine also, as well as be hit by the overall impact and consequences of recent phenomena, but i ain't sweating the least bit!

What can i say? I got myself covered, at least. And no disease can catch me, either. The tradeoffs had been disproportionately large, but my newfound perks might just cut it. Now all i need is a comfy chair, a tower o' popcorn and a bucket o' cola. Cheers!

P.S. I wouldn't mind gobbling up a new, frosty delicacy from Italy, that virus-shaped ice-cream; god, i love eating ice-cream during winter time!
Post edited February 28, 2020 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
how old are you again?
Got the Adafruit PyBadge LC that I ordered.
Fairfox: how old are you again?
Age is but a number.. Stability of the mind is what's more important...
Beating False Knight finally ;)
Hot chocolate with churros and porras.
ConsulCaesar: Hot chocolate with churros and porras.
*drools*
I kissed the girl I like
Currently enjoying The Quest.

Feels a lot like an Elder Scrolls game, except turn-based, with a smaller (and more dense) world, 2d gameplay (even if it is in first person), and without all the bugs that TES games tend to have.