It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: The only game I've tried is Wizardry: Llylgamyn Saga, which I chose because the Sega Saturn version has a bonus dungeon that isn't in the other two versions of the game, and I would like to check it out at some point. Also, this does not seem like a game that would be particularly demanding (on my budget laptop, there's some slowdown during battles (as can be observed from the music), but on my desktop (core i5 limited to 1.7GHz because it will overheat otherwise), the game seems to run fine).
Sounds good.....as for the overheating: I would look into getting a better cooler, then. Some aftermarket coolers work fine and don't cost too much. Of course, getting it installed is hard for some people.

dtgreene: The one problem I have is that the sound quality is atrocious; everything sounds over-amplified, and there's a buzzing sound whenever the game is loading from disk.
If you legally bought the game why not dump the disc to an image and run it off of that?

dtgreene: (The particular game I played is a remake of the first 3 Wizardry games. It's a shame the older Wizardry games still aren't on GOG; I would likely buy them if they were, particularly Wizardry 4.)
I would buy some as well.
dtgreene: The only game I've tried is Wizardry: Llylgamyn Saga, which I chose because the Sega Saturn version has a bonus dungeon that isn't in the other two versions of the game, and I would like to check it out at some point. Also, this does not seem like a game that would be particularly demanding (on my budget laptop, there's some slowdown during battles (as can be observed from the music), but on my desktop (core i5 limited to 1.7GHz because it will overheat otherwise), the game seems to run fine).
GameRager: Sounds good.....as for the overheating: I would look into getting a better cooler, then. Some aftermarket coolers work fine and don't cost too much. Of course, getting it installed is hard for some people.
When the computer is 5+ years old (IIRC), is it really worth it at this point?
GameRager: Sounds good.....as for the overheating: I would look into getting a better cooler, then. Some aftermarket coolers work fine and don't cost too much. Of course, getting it installed is hard for some people.
dtgreene: When the computer is 5+ years old (IIRC), is it really worth it at this point?
I get my old cooler for around 25 bucks or less, and I think some can be used on future rigs(certain chipsets/etc) so it could be used potentially on any future rig you buy/build.

And imo it is worth it.....one can run the CPU at stock(or even overclock in some cases) and still get good temps, and that helps some game performance(esp newer games and some games that aren't optimized as well) and other things.

Now getting the thing on the cpu(and applying the thermal paste, which you must also buy: clean off the old paste/apply the new paste) can be hard with some models, depending on how it secures to the mobo/cpu and it's size.....but if one can do all that it is usually worth it imo.
Post edited October 24, 2019 by GameRager
The i5-3570 I have in my PC is from 2012 and it is still very capable. A good quality aftermarket cooler for your CPU is not expensive and if your i5 is only 5 or so years old, it is still definitely worth putting a new cooler on. Also, look into getting a used video card from ebay if you don't have a dedicated graphics card already. You'll have a much better gaming experience than with integrated graphics.
From watching a youtube video, I learned about a funny death in Wizardry 4 that I didn't know about it before. Unfortunately, the video in question contained too much irrelevant interruptions and music that I won't link to it before.

(To see this death, take the item you got from hell back into it (but, of course, save first).)
I have made a major advance in my life situation, a legal change that will have a positive impact overall! I'm really happy and relieved. In 3 hours it will be my significant other birthday and I will be visiting them the next day. I have tomorrow to make a drawing for the event!
low rated
I installed SS2 once again to play through it once more....might make a new let's play(this time with pics perhaps) on the forums, for the fun of it, and might also extend that to the FMs a bit as well.
Fried eggs with mashed beans. I probably enjoy mashed beans a bit too much for my own good.
low rated
DadJoke007: Fried eggs with mashed beans. I probably enjoy mashed beans a bit too much for my own good.
I like them but mashed potatoes(instant) and chili are more my jam as of late.....dunno why...maybe because they taste good and are somewhat cheap.
DadJoke007: Fried eggs with mashed beans. I probably enjoy mashed beans a bit too much for my own good.
GameRager: I like them but mashed potatoes(instant) and chili are more my jam as of late.....dunno why...maybe because they taste good and are somewhat cheap.
You can't go wrong with something starchy bombarded with chili. At least not if you prepare it correctly so that it doesn't feel dry.
low rated
DadJoke007: You can't go wrong with something starchy bombarded with chili. At least not if you prepare it correctly so that it doesn't feel dry.
True enough. I also like cheese on tons of things as well.
Today I got a lot of money. Recently, I use the services of one very cool bookmaker https://1xbet.mobi/en/ I like it for the most part because of the quick payouts and the chance to win really a lot of money.
Post edited October 29, 2019 by reddevil5
trashiest new woman started at my work. i love her, she is amazin' lee blunt, no holds and she looks like teh most surreal trainwreck i ever did know. i am addicted
Fairfox: trashiest new woman started at my work. i love her, she is amazin' lee blunt, no holds and she looks like teh most surreal trainwreck i ever did know. i am addicted
I can't help but love people who are blunt to a fault, there are too few straight shooters out there.
My prostate not having exploded yet.
Post edited October 28, 2019 by j0ekerr