It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Saw a producer I like live. It's been my first gig in a year. Danced with my friends till 4 am. I feel happier than ever, I have many hopes. Also, I will taste my first yellow kiwi, enjoy a couch ride with an interesting read and play Hands of Fate later.
Baseball History
The Yankees have gone an entire decade without playing in a World Series for the FIRST TIME in their history.

Now onto the Fall Classic. Go NATS!
Eating lasagnas today... :)
I saw a pleasant sunrise. It is one of the first times that I have done so in many years. Have to take time out to smell the roses I think.
My doctor told me the chances now I'll have another epileptic convulsion is completely negligible. Feeling so much less scary but most important more free!
low rated
GenlyAi: My doctor told me the chances now I'll have another epileptic convulsion is completely negligible. Feeling so much less scary but most important more free!
I had something similar, I think(docs never figured it out 100%).....I suddenly blanked out one day at home and when I awoke I was in the hospital. Docs said they were told I was twitching and unconscious at the time they called the paramedics.

I dunno what caused it or what it was, but I fear one day I might pass out again in traffic or some other situation where I need my full faculties. :\

(Plus when in the hospital under observation I tasted a copper taste and felt pressure in my skull, though slight)

Anyways enough of my moping/gloom and doom....I am glad to hear a fellow gogger is feeling well/better. :)
GenlyAi: My doctor told me the chances now I'll have another epileptic convulsion is completely negligible. Feeling so much less scary but most important more free!
GameRager: I had something similar, I think(docs never figured it out 100%).....I suddenly blanked out one day at home and when I awoke I was in the hospital. Docs said they were told I was twitching and unconscious at the time they called the paramedics.

I dunno what caused it or what it was, but I fear one day I might pass out again in traffic or some other situation where I need my full faculties. :\

(Plus when in the hospital under observation I tasted a copper taste and felt pressure in my skull, though slight)

Anyways enough of my moping/gloom and doom....I am glad to hear a fellow gogger is feeling well/better. :)
Mine were similar: 3 convulsions in the last 2-3 months, I'll tell you later!
Post edited October 21, 2019 by GenlyAi
low rated
GenlyAi: Mine were similar: 3 convulsions in the last 2-3 months, I'll tell you later!
If you want, send such to my PM chat box if you want to keep it private, and also to stay ontopic(this is the happy thread, after all :)).

Have a good one and stay safe and well, regardless.
The spare part that I've been checking daily for months restocked and finally arrived
low rated
zlaywal: The spare part that I've been checking daily for months restocked and finally arrived
This reminds me of when I had to wait over 30 days for an old PC to be fixed under warranty...they had to find a shop, then verify the payment, and find the parts needed, etc......so much hassle.
Got a Sega Saturn emulator working. The sound quality isn't that good (it sounds like over-amplified sound; loud and staticy), but the one game I tried seemed to work fine otherwise.

(Granted, said game doesn't seem to be particularly demanding of the syatem; with a couple setting changes, it turns into something the Apple 2 could probably run.)

zlaywal: The spare part that I've been checking daily for months restocked and finally arrived
GameRager: This reminds me of when I had to wait over 30 days for an old PC to be fixed under warranty...they had to find a shop, then verify the payment, and find the parts needed, etc......so much hassle.
Sometimes, it feels like it would be better to just get a new computer; it would come sooner, you wouldn't have to give up your old computer (if it still at least partially works), amd it would likely be more powerful than your old one.

Of course, there's the problem of the price of a new computer, which can easily be a dealbreaker for many (particularly those who can't afford it, or those that can but would rather spend the money on something else or save it).
Post edited October 23, 2019 by dtgreene
dtgreene: Sometimes, it feels like it would be better to just get a new computer; it would come sooner, you wouldn't have to give up your old computer (if it still at least partially works), amd it would likely be more powerful than your old one.

Of course, there's the problem of the price of a new computer, which can easily be a dealbreaker for many (particularly those who can't afford it, or those that can but would rather spend the money on something else or save it).
Get an older, used prebuilt PC and slap a new PSU, used video card, and new SSD in there and have a capable gaming rig that will last for at least 2-3 years for less than $300.
A sexy girl kissed me, on an occasion... Although i really wanted my sweetie to be the ONLY one, to... Beggars cannot be choosers, right, i know, but still... Sheet
dtgreene: Got a Sega Saturn emulator working. The sound quality isn't that good (it sounds like over-amplified sound; loud and staticy), but the one game I tried seemed to work fine otherwise.

(Granted, said game doesn't seem to be particularly demanding of the syatem; with a couple setting changes, it turns into something the Apple 2 could probably run.)
Sounds cool......played many games with it yet?

GameRager: This reminds me of when I had to wait over 30 days for an old PC to be fixed under warranty...they had to find a shop, then verify the payment, and find the parts needed, etc......so much hassle.
dtgreene: Sometimes, it feels like it would be better to just get a new computer; it would come sooner, you wouldn't have to give up your old computer (if it still at least partially works), amd it would likely be more powerful than your old one.

AT the time I believe I was either unemployed(young) and with not much money or working and also not much money......also back then online stores for used PCs/etc hadn't taken off as much(iirc).

So I waited and waited, and called the store and the PC maker(to check warranty status) every dew days as I waited for it to be fixed. It was originally one part then they found other parts had failed along with that one part and IIRC they had to replace most of the mobo/parts on it.
dtgreene: Got a Sega Saturn emulator working. The sound quality isn't that good (it sounds like over-amplified sound; loud and staticy), but the one game I tried seemed to work fine otherwise.

GameRager: Sounds cool......played many games with it yet?
The only game I've tried is Wizardry: Llylgamyn Saga, which I chose because the Sega Saturn version has a bonus dungeon that isn't in the other two versions of the game, and I would like to check it out at some point. Also, this does not seem like a game that would be particularly demanding (on my budget laptop, there's some slowdown during battles (as can be observed from the music), but on my desktop (core i5 limited to 1.7GHz because it will overheat otherwise), the game seems to run fine).

The one problem I have is that the sound quality is atrocious; everything sounds over-amplified, and there's a buzzing sound whenever the game is loading from disk.

(The particular game I played is a remake of the first 3 Wizardry games. It's a shame the older Wizardry games still aren't on GOG; I would likely buy them if they were, particularly Wizardry 4.)