It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

- Received a cheque for £230. :-)
- Bought a 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD for my new build. :-)
Post edited July 22, 2014 by JumpinJackFlash
Finally got good-quality hiking pants, via a gift voucher from friends. I feel properly equipped now for the next mountain adventure. No more hiking in jeans!
Out of town working. Had to text the wife about some work thing, turned into some other conversation. And then she got me:

"Well meow we know for next time."

Cracked me up after a hot, sweaty, grimy work day.
It was my birthday :)
I'm happy today because I've worked 9 days straight and now I'M OFF WORK!!!!! :-) Now off to see MOTLEY CRUE and that dinosaur ALICE COOPER
rivedell6: I am happy because today I finished moving to my new place and am finally settled after a week of travel. It's good to have a nice home.
Congrats on the move!! Enjoy your new home too :)

HypersomniacLive: A dear family member who got seriously ill a few days ago and had to be hospitalised got released, and though they have to continue treatment at home for another week to ten days, they're doing already much better. :-)
That's great news! Here's to a full recovery! *raises glass*

F3real: It was my birthday :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

seafoodkilla: I'm happy today because I've worked 9 days straight and now I'M OFF WORK!!!!! :-) Now off to see MOTLEY CRUE and that dinosaur ALICE COOPER
ROCK ON!! Enjoy the concerts after busting your ass!
seafoodkilla: I'm happy today because I've worked 9 days straight and now I'M OFF WORK!!!!! :-) Now off to see MOTLEY CRUE and that dinosaur ALICE COOPER
Saw Alice Cooper a couple years back, during the Army Concert Tour (with Scorpions!!!!). And Motley Crue last year, too, also an Army Concert Tour. Cooper's show was really good. Enjoy!
My wife started complaining about Candy Crush Saga (as well as certain "free-to-play" Android billiards game), saying what bs it is how it tries to lure you constantly to buy something in order to succeed in the game. She feels the game is cheating, making her lose so that she would break up and buy some microtransactions.

She vowed she'll never buy anything from that stupid game but rather just stops playing it, and she even asked me to uninstall that billiards game that she felt was doing the same. It did seem the billiards game became more and more aggressive in its buybuybuy marketing, if you tried to continue play it for free.

If my wife can recognize the bs trends in this so called "free-to-play" market, maybe there's hope for the humanity after all. Dunno, those games still seem to make bundles of money so _someone_ is paying for them, maybe some rich kids whose parents want to keep them quiet. But at least my wife is not part of that group. <3

If only I could find some normal (Android or PC) game she'd like to play instead of those f2p casual games. I have lots of Android games from Humble Bundles, but they appear too artsy-fartsy, brainy or action-y for my wife to get interested.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by timppu
timppu: If only I could find some normal (Android or PC) game she'd like to play instead of those f2p casual games. I have lots of Android games from Humble Bundles, but they appear too artsy-fartsy, brainy or action-y for my wife to get interested.
Give her "Pulse", "Bag It!", "Little Inferno", "Jack Lumber" (all DRM free from HB) and "Fruit Ninja" (free).
I'm sure at least one of those is suitable for her.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by Klumpen0815
GOG just started supporting Linux games. I think I feel a tear building up... GIT BACK IN THERE!
Klumpen0815: Give her "Pulse", "Bag It!", "Little Inferno", "Jack Lumber" (all DRM free from HB) and "Fruit Ninja" (free).
I'm sure at least one of those is suitable for her.
Thanks for the suggestions. Fruit Ninja she has already tried (I guess she liked it). I seem to have all those others from HB, except "Bag It!". I thought I had bought all the HB Android bundles, but maybe I missed some.
Would a Steam key for Stealth Bastard Deluxe make anyone happy? I have one spare - pea em meh!
timppu: except "Bag It!". I thought I had bought all the HB Android bundles, but maybe I missed some.
Oh right, I think this was the rare case of an Android game on IndieRoyale.
My gf loves BagIt!.

What made me happy today? Seeing my paycheck and reading about GoG finally supporting Linux. :)
timppu: except "Bag It!". I thought I had bought all the HB Android bundles, but maybe I missed some.
Klumpen0815: Oh right, I think this was the rare case of an Android game on IndieRoyale.
My gf loves BagIt!.
I double-checked it, and I seem to have Bag It! in my HB account after all. So it has been in some Humble Bundle, apparently I just had not downloaded it yet (I was just checking the installers I had on the tablet, I thought I had downloaded them all already).

I think I'll install those suggestions, hopefully she likes some of them.
I'm going to college soon.
I'm happy