It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nothing made me happy today in particular. It's just another day...or a special day if I think it's a special day. It's just that I've just infused myself some dose of optimism and hope. Similar effects or feeling like when you're happy. A significant amount of time has passed since...last year. They say life is a struggle. I haven't given up the fighting. Still have hope. Will keep fighting. No surrender. I'll go down with this ship. The ship's still afloat and its masts still standing. My colors still flying high. My enemies will have to suffer a while longer while I'm still standing.

Forward...march!
Just look what happens when you put salt on raw meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ievU8KDLyrw
My folks bought one of our dogs a new bed.

The cat immediately stole it. :P
Generally speaking, this has been a week from hell... but the fact that Humble Bundle has done four video game bundles in as many weeks, after two months of nothing, made me smile. The fact that it was CKII, which I'd been considering during Steam's summer sale, was even better.
Finally got my new laptop, an Acer Siwft3 with a dedicated gpu. Already crashed some rockets in KSP :)
Matewis: Finally got my new laptop, an Acer Siwft3 with a dedicated gpu. Already crashed some rockets in KSP :)
With IPS monitor I read? Is it good?
Also they say with "upgradable RAM". What do they mean? RAM is often the only upgradable part of laptops other than HDD. Easier RAM installation?
Matewis: Finally got my new laptop, an Acer Siwft3 with a dedicated gpu. Already crashed some rockets in KSP :)
le_chevalier: With IPS monitor I read? Is it good?
Also they say with "upgradable RAM". What do they mean? RAM is often the only upgradable part of laptops other than HDD. Easier RAM installation?
I'm afraid I'm not sure about the ram. I think that some of the ram is soldered in, but there is an extra slot for more ram. It's a full hd monitor, and as far as I can tell it's excellent. The IPS part only means afaik that it's got a wide viewing angle, but seeing as I'm always sitting right in front of it it's not relevant, not for me at least.

So far I'm extremely satisfied with it, except that I can't get it to work with my old LG monitor. It's the weirdest thing, I've got an hdmi cable and an hdmi-dvi-d converter, because the monitor only has dvi-d and vga. It simply refuses to work work. But, I tested a dell laptop on the monitor (granted with much more basic intel graphics) with the same cable and converter, and it works fine. I also used the hdmi cable to connect to the acer to a samsung tv, hdmi-to-hdmi, and that works. So the hdmi port is fine, I just can't get it to display on the monitor :P
Matewis: I'm afraid I'm not sure about the ram. I think that some of the ram is soldered in, but there is an extra slot for more ram. It's a full hd monitor, and as far as I can tell it's excellent. The IPS part only means afaik that it's got a wide viewing angle, but seeing as I'm always sitting right in front of it it's not relevant, not for me at least.

So far I'm extremely satisfied with it, except that I can't get it to work with my old LG monitor. It's the weirdest thing, I've got an hdmi cable and an hdmi-dvi-d converter, because the monitor only has dvi-d and vga. It simply refuses to work work. But, I tested a dell laptop on the monitor (granted with much more basic intel graphics) with the same cable and converter, and it works fine. I also used the hdmi cable to connect to the acer to a samsung tv, hdmi-to-hdmi, and that works. So the hdmi port is fine, I just can't get it to display on the monitor :P
I own old Acer laptop. The RAM is not soldered in. All laptops I've ever owned use RAM slots.

I own one LG IPS myself, for rent. I haven't played much with it, but people seem to like it.
tinyE: My folks bought one of our dogs a new bed.

The cat immediately stole it. :P
Cats tend to do that....and they also like to be territorial as f**k.
In my opinion there isn't something that made us happy specifically.
The only reason for that we're happy is that we are alive and we can game here on gog! :D
Post edited July 31, 2019 by Dagauto
Dagauto: In my opinion there isn't something that made us happy specifically.
The only reason for that we're happy is that we are alive and we can game here on gog! :D
Well, that and coffee.
I never "got" regular coffee growing up in my teens. I eventually started to like it more but I started with those bloody overpriced as hell Starbucks drinks.

Heck, I still drink some similar ones from cheaper places, but I still fall back on regular instant coffee.
New comp arrived, setup, just need to tinker with win 10 some.
Finally get to play kingdom come....yay.
I ate a bowl of fresh blueberries individually coated in dark chocolate (75% cocao), chilled to a perfection. That's what I ate for lunch today. ;) YUMMY!! It's a strange culinary tradition of mine. Once or twice a year, I feed my soul this bowl of happiness. :)
This green tea is delicious and I found a good pair of pants on sale.