It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fr33kSh0w2012: Bought these today

1 MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard $289.00
1 G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVK 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 $309.00
1 Intel Core i9 9900KF Processor $769.00

To do a transplant on my PC because well it's getting old!

It came to almost $1400 including startrack delivery
DadJoke007: Now that sounds enjoyable. Crysis will barely lag at all, everything else will run at ultra 4k 100+ fps.
I know and my pc will not do that really weird shit that it keeps doing with that weird blue smoke that come out of it every so often even though I've cleaned it out half a million times, and the screen won't go blank for extended periods.
low rated
DadJoke007: Now that sounds enjoyable. Crysis will barely lag at all, everything else will run at ultra 4k 100+ fps.
fr33kSh0w2012: I know and my pc will not do that really weird shit that it keeps doing with that weird blue smoke that come out of it every so often even though I've cleaned it out half a million times, and the screen won't go blank for extended periods.
That's not hardware related...it's crap movie related

GameRager: Nice, but you should've waited for sales and not bought bleeding edge stuff for such high prices(just my two cents). In would've bought the last generations stuff before that and saved a few bucks, had products that already had the bugs cleaned out of them through mass production/testing by consumers/etc.

But enjoy your stuff at any rate. :)
You know what sounds good? A PC hardware thread.
low rated
GameRager: Nice, but you should've waited for sales and not bought bleeding edge stuff for such high prices(just my two cents). In would've bought the last generations stuff before that and saved a few bucks, had products that already had the bugs cleaned out of them through mass production/testing by consumers/etc.

But enjoy your stuff at any rate. :)
TARFU: You know what sounds good? A PC hardware thread.
But that'd just clog up the forums with more threads...and if people had interesting subtopics/offtopic that'd lead to more threads....etc...

Is this an actual suggestion or subtle hinting at tlaking about such in a dedicated thread, btw? it's hard to tell sometimes.

If it's the latter remember: It still technically applies to the thread topic. ;)
Post edited June 05, 2019 by GameRager
TARFU: You know what sounds good? A PC hardware thread.
GameRager: But that'd just clog up the forums with more threads...and if people had interesting subtopics/offtopic that'd lead to more threads....etc...

Is this an actual suggestion or subtle hinting at tlaking about such in a dedicated thread, btw? it's hard to tell sometimes.

If it's the latter remember: It still technically applies to the thread topic. ;)
I honestly think a PC hardware thread would be a good idea. That's from a useful point of view, helping fellow forum members out and just talking hardware (nothing controversial there), also from a friendly point of view. I tried kicking off a hardware thread a few months ago talking about the PC I put together out of used parts, but no one was interested so I let it fade away.
low rated
GameRager: But that'd just clog up the forums with more threads...and if people had interesting subtopics/offtopic that'd lead to more threads....etc...

TARFU: I honestly think a PC hardware thread would be a good idea. That's from a useful point of view, helping fellow forum members out and just talking hardware (nothing controversial there), also from a friendly point of view. I tried kicking off a hardware thread a few months ago talking about the PC I put together out of used parts, but no one was interested so I let it fade away.
Oh my mistake then...I thought for a minute you were going slightly NIMBY here. No harm no foul, then? :)

But yeah, it might make for a good thread...I'll look into it tomorriow after sleep/etc.

I, of course, got a functioning new PC for only $105. That's only around a third of the price you payed fr *just* the RAM!

Also, my new PC probably is smaller than yours (it's about the size of a portable hard drive, though th shape is slightly different), is quieter (no fan!), and uses less power.

(Of course, there *is* a trade-off; I wouldn't expect it to perform as well as the computer you're building (I would argue it's no longer the same computer at this point), but I'm fine with it, and once I get around to getting my current computer's cooling fixed, I'll still have that computer for what my new one can't handle.)

TARFU: I honestly think a PC hardware thread would be a good idea. That's from a useful point of view, helping fellow forum members out and just talking hardware (nothing controversial there), also from a friendly point of view. I tried kicking off a hardware thread a few months ago talking about the PC I put together out of used parts, but no one was interested so I let it fade away.
It would be a good place to discuss things, like the merits of my new computer versus fr33kSh0w2012's. (It is very clear that their new computer will be more powerful than mine, provided that I assume their computer boots from an SSD that is no smaller than 32GB; if that's not the case, that would be a good thing to fix.)
Post edited June 05, 2019 by dtgreene

Cool. I had cataracts,

Twice.
GameRager: My one step grandfather had glaucoma, sadly....they needed surgery iirc just to see a bit/at all in one eye.

(I dunno why I bother replying at all to you, as you hardly ever reply...I guess maybe i'm optimistic)

==================================

To all: As for me, i'm happy that I made a thread on a divided topic and have gotten mostly civil/constructive replies and not much if any derailing has occurred. :)
Sad to hear that! All we need is to be strong in such situations!
Once my family faced difficult situation relied to malpractice attorney. We were said to go ask for professional help like https://mosheslaw.com/personalinjury/medical-malpractice-attorney/
Finally it turned out okay but it was really hard times for all of us.

Today I try to find positive sides everywhere. Today even good weather outside makes me happy. Good people around, my lazy cat and good tea.
Post edited June 05, 2019 by Paul_lina
Starting a new game... Or rather, new game plus.

dtgreene: I, of course, got a functioning new PC for only $105. That's only around a third of the price you payed fr *just* the RAM!

Also, my new PC probably is smaller than yours (it's about the size of a portable hard drive, though th shape is slightly different), is quieter (no fan!), and uses less power.

(Of course, there *is* a trade-off; I wouldn't expect it to perform as well as the computer you're building (I would argue it's no longer the same computer at this point), but I'm fine with it, and once I get around to getting my current computer's cooling fixed, I'll still have that computer for what my new one can't handle.)

dtgreene: It would be a good place to discuss things, like the merits of my new computer versus fr33kSh0w2012's. (It is very clear that their new computer will be more powerful than mine, provided that I assume their computer boots from an SSD that is no smaller than 32GB; if that's not the case, that would be a good thing to fix.)
My SSD is a Samsung 250gb v-nand SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 it was $118

Because Australian dollars are worth 1/5 of US Dollars SMDH!
dtgreene: I, of course, got a functioning new PC for only $105. That's only around a third of the price you payed fr *just* the RAM!

It would be a good place to discuss things, like the merits of my new computer versus fr33kSh0w2012's. (It is very clear that their new computer will be more powerful than mine, provided that I assume their computer boots from an SSD that is no smaller than 32GB; if that's not the case, that would be a good thing to fix.)
fr33kSh0w2012: My SSD is a Samsung 250gb v-nand SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 it was $118

Because Australian dollars are worth 1/5 of US Dollars SMDH!
Actually, looking it up online, the exchange rate is closer to 70%.

This would make your SSD around US$82 (if your figure was AUS$), which does end up cheaper than the $105 I payed for my new computer (which only has a 32GB eMMC drive for storage).
low rated
Paul_lina: Sad to hear that! All we need is to be strong in such situations!
Once my family faced difficult situation relied to malpractice attorney. We were said to go ask for professional help like https://mosheslaw.com/personalinjury/medical-malpractice-attorney/
Finally it turned out okay but it was really hard times for all of us.

Today I try to find positive sides everywhere. Today even good weather outside makes me happy. Good people around, my lazy cat and good tea.
Thank you and yes....we have to be strong and look for the best in life in such situations....doing so often makes even a bad life that much more worthwhile, imo. :)

Also yes, good weather/cute and silly cats/etc all make life even better. :D
HELLFIRE, baby! Now i can go to hell in the digital world, also! Whee!!!

Update: I was feeling terribly for months... And especially over the last few days, i was like wanting to puke, dizzy, aching, etc. GOG games made me happy again. Good old stuff. I love games. Loving games never ends up in you getting hurt! <3
Post edited June 06, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Did you all Miss me
fr33kSh0w2012: Did you all Miss me
yes