It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Erikspilivink: Today I ate pie while watching Seinfeld during my lunch
What, no Kenny Rogers Chicken!?
My home internet speed finally updated from 7 Mbps to 10 Mbps. That would help downloading Witcher 3.
Wodehouse.
I was happy that I got the WebGL build for unity after the new update.
My e-bait yielded results! She started answering my posts, on that site! Even hitting me with certain lines, that i posted in my socials, some time ago!

I knew it, that pathological liars have allergy to the truth; especially, whenever the person speaking the truth, brings to light their deception and manipulation over others! Others that they supposedly help...

My little hypocritical lass, is sizzling digitally! Now, only to make her tell me where the hell her friend relocated to, exactly and case is solved... Plus, archived!
Discovering Studio 3T for MongoDB.
So, I downloaded and tried to run Diablo a few minutes ago. It didn't work, but the result reminded me of simpler times, back when the word "megapixel" had yet to enter the public mind, and hard drives measured in "gigabytes" were much too expensive for just about anyone. Back when your megabytes of RAM could be counted on your fingers.

Now I want to go set up my Performa. Only, I don't have any free space to put it.
Attachments:
low-res.png (77 Kb)
Post edited March 08, 2019 by Maighstir
Playing Bard's Tale 3 (remastered version). Thanks to the remaster, I have a version that doesn't have excessive load times and isn't unacceptably buggy. (There *are* bugs in the remaster (see the topic I posted on the game specific forum), but they don't ruin the game, unlike the DOS version which just isn't fun because of al the bugs.)

On the other hand, I am having the familiar problem with my inventory being clogged by Harmonic Gems. (For those who aren't aware, Harmonic Gems are consumable items that fully restore the spell points of the character using it.) In other words, I am getting so many of them that, even when wasting spell points with the most expensive spell in the game, I am still getting Harmonic Gems faster than I can use them without wasting them. It's at the point where, if I get another one to drop, I am having one of my spellcasters use one, even if her spell points aren't that low.

Maighstir: So, I downloaded and tried to run Diablo a few minutes ago. It didn't work, but the result reminded me of simpler times, back when the word "megapixel" had yet to enter the public mind, and hard drives measured in "gigabytes" were much too expensive for just about anyone. Back when your megabytes of RAM could be counted on your fingers.

Now I want to go set up my Performa. Only, I don't have any free space to put it.
Back when I played Bard's Tale 3, computer memory was measured in *kilo*bytes, and we didn't *have* hard drives *at all*. To play a game, we'd just insert a disk, boot the computer (the Apple 2 would boot automatically, unlike the Commodore 64 where a BASIC command had to be entered), wait a long time for the game to (finally) load, remove the boot disk and insert the character disk, wait longer, say yes to loading my saved game, switch disks to the dungeon disk, wait for more loading, and then I could finally play. Then, take a few steps, and the game has to load the encounter, so a few more seconds of wait. Of course, eventually I want to save my game, so I need to swap disks to the character disk, wait for the game to write the save data, then switch back to the dungeon disk.

(You can, by the way, get an approximation of ths on an emulator; on VICE, for example, you can enable True Drive Emulation (and, for some games (including Bard's Tale 3), have to) and get the original load times (unless you fast-forward the emulator, of course). OpenMSX also simulates load times (though there's no Bard's Tale series for that platform).)
Post edited March 09, 2019 by dtgreene
The Secret Area of VIP Quality
dtgreene: Back when I played Bard's Tale 3, computer memory was measured in *kilo*bytes, and we didn't *have* hard drives *at all*. [...]
Yeah, I'm well aware of earlier systems, they're interesting but I don't have any nostalgia for them. The early 90's Macintosh hold a special place for me as that's where I started my journey.
Post edited March 09, 2019 by Maighstir
New 2TB backup drive.
ciemnogrodzianin: New 2TB backup drive.
I need one of those.

Or maybe I might just get a bunch of USB flash drives. I note that the stuff I most want backed up is relatively small (thinks like passwords, for example).

(Or maybe I should just go to https://downloadmoreram.com/ and use the downloaded RAM for a RAM disk; that would have the advantages of being both free and fast. Does that sound like a good idea for data backup?)
Alas my gog backup now > 2 TB.
Telika: Alas my gog backup now > 2 TB.
Oops. But you have almost 1000 games here. I hope my library won't take more than half of my 2TB space.
Bard's Tale 3 remaster: Just got over 400,000 XP from a single battle. (That's more than a full level with the Legacy Mode XP option at higher levels.)