It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have access to live television once again.
Isn't it funny how a 13 year old CRT works better than a 6 year old flat screen?
Replayed my favorite levels from Max Payne 2 today.
Attachments:
Post edited November 10, 2018 by hudfreegamer
A small thing happened. Someone whom I thought was hot and a little great, kind of returned some "romantic" affection. It's a small deal as it's not meant to be a serious thing, but it does make me feel kind of warm inside. Hope this lasts a bit. Cause my last "relationship" crash winded being something more fit for the "Bitch about life in general thread". Hah. ^_^;

tinyE: Oh hey, welcome to GOG. :D

We have punch and pie over in the corner. There is karaoke every Tuesday night, and we sacrifice a goat to Toru Iwatani every Thursday night.

If we can do anything to help, let us know, and I hope you enjoy your stay. :D
Tiny, is that your greeting to anyone who visits your B&B? I think it's welcoming. :D

d3adb01t: I have access to live television once again.
Isn't it funny how a 13 year old CRT works better than a 6 year old flat screen?
Totally! Many gadgets of the yesteryear are functioning well, while you can get a modern-day product cracking within a few months.

hudfreegamer: Replayed my favorite levels from Max Payne 2 today.
Cool! That looks like someone doing a kind of matrix-style stunt.
Post edited November 10, 2018 by Nicole28
d3adb01t: I have access to live television once again.
Nicole28: Totally! Many gadgets of the yesteryear are functioning well, while you can get a modern-day product cracking within a few months.
Planned obsolescence is so annoying. :(

Alright, alright, this is the happy thread, so time to post happy thoughts. It's Saturday so I get to sleep in. :D
tinyE: Oh hey, welcome to GOG. :D

We have punch and pie over in the corner. There is karaoke every Tuesday night, and we sacrifice a goat to Toru Iwatani every Thursday night.

If we can do anything to help, let us know, and I hope you enjoy your stay. :D
Nicole28: Tiny, is that your greeting to anyone who visits your B&B? I think it's welcoming. :D

d3adb01t:
Nicole28: Totally! Many gadgets of the yesteryear are functioning well, while you can get a modern-day product cracking within a few months.

hudfreegamer:
Nicole28:
Last night, true story BTW.
We get hit by the biggest and baddest blizzard that November has seen in 38 years. Fucking Hell On Earth.
We had guests scheduled, but figured there was no way they were showing up.

About 7pm, we lose power, as does everything within 60 miles. The includes exterior lights, all street lights, everything.

About 10:30 I hear this knocking, which I can barely hear over the continued pounding of this storm, out on our font porch. Realizing our guest actually made it, but also can't tell if anyone is here with no lights, I run down there waving this camping lantern in front of me so they know I'm coming. Again, I'm not embellishing here. :P

So they're both covered in ice and snow. They been driving this little 2 wheel drive piece of shit in this whiteout for the past five hours. It took them three just to get the last 30 miles. They never did get up the driveway which slopes up and had to walk the last 200 yards to the porch.

The point of this post, the greeting. Typically I just show them their room and let them go. No. I built them a huge fire and gave them a brand new bottle of gourmet spiced rum, on the house. Last time I saw them they were cuddled up in front of the fire thawing out letting the rum kick in, smiling.
tinyE: Last night, true story BTW.
We get hit by the biggest and baddest blizzard that November has seen in 38 years. Fucking Hell On Earth.
We had guests scheduled, but figured there was no way they were showing up.
That was heroically sweet! They've got to be chilled to the bone, and you gave them all the warmth that was needed. The rum would sorely put some color back into those iced pallors. As one say, a fantastically good deed indeed! :D

Caesar.: Planned obsolescence is so annoying. :(
No kidding. Like the possible situation that might arise with the future Windows system.
Post edited November 12, 2018 by Nicole28

Post edited November 25, 2018 by Fairfox
I saw Bohemian Rhapsody for the second time today. I think I enjoyed it more than I did the first time. Great movie.
SPICE CAKE!!!!!

I haven't baked all year, and at the drop of a hat I baked two spice cakes from scratch. AND EFFIN NAILED IT.
Braggadar: SPICE CAKE!!!!!

I haven't baked all year, and at the drop of a hat I baked two spice cakes from scratch. AND EFFIN NAILED IT.
Good work and I haven't ever baked a cake.

Post edited December 04, 2018 by Fairfox
Braggadar: SPICE CAKE!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1gfZwejPv8
I only had 1 class in the morning, the one I'd be having now was cancelled. :D
Finished the 94.7 cycle challenge for the second time! Not a stellar time (04:42) but a vast improvement over my pitiful performance last year, especially given that I didn't put on slicks and just went with regular mountain bike tires. Also, I managed to actually stay on my bike for each incline. No pushing my bike this time round, let alone lying under a tree for 15 minutes to catch my breath :D

It was blisteringly hot, and I saw several people puking by the side of the road, and a few more being treated by medics. Luckily apart from the water points there were several 'water pit-stops' along the way where bystanders just hosed down riders. Absolute lifesavers.

Craziest though were the super fit cyclists. One from the club I was riding for actually lapped me! He started earlier the morning (everyone can't start at the same time since there are 25000 cyclists) and finished the 94.7km in 2:32. He then decided to immediately go again and caught up with me somewhere around 1/3 of the race. His 2nd lap he did in 3:30 I think. And afterwards when I saw him he didn't look tired in the least :P Absolute beast of a cyclist. And even he was behind the winning time by more than 10 minutes I believe...
Looks like work-free evening!