It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

joppo: I'm happy that we had presidential elections yesterday and after 16 years the worst option did not win.

The guy who won might be just a less bad option or even a very good president. Only time will tell.

Oh another (related) thing to make me happier: the economy reacted favorably and the dollar started falling.
DubConqueror: You must be living in a different reality. In the world that gave me the headlines I checked, Bolsonaro won.
Well, maybe. Can you check if in your reality Venezuela is some sort of utopia? Because after 16 years of PT (worker's party) running the country our economy is in shambles, unemployment is rampant and every thing the government is suposed to take care of (education, public health, security...) is as far from a first world country as it has ever been. We were headed straight towards Venezuela's situation. So silly me I'm glad they were outvoted for the next 4 years.

Well I say it like the government doesn't have money for anything but that's not entirely true, in these past 4 times they took the office it never lacked money for one thing and that's corruption, in levels never seen before. Maybe it's a coincidence that one former president is in jail and the other has been impeached? Or that every time there was a corruption scandal it was only drowned when the next scandal hit the news? Or that Dilma Rousseff's entire ministry lineup didn't survive in office for two years?
Thankfully PT already had a solution for that: among their proposals for the next government cycle was the reduction of the investigative powers of... I don't know what would be called the office which has the task to investigate corruption of politicians, sorry.

But if you like PT I recommend you take them to Netherlands and put them in charge. I promise I won't try to stop you. Tell me in ten years how that worked out for your country.
Post edited October 30, 2018 by joppo
Can you yobbos cut out the political bull cookies please?
joppo, your original post: perfectly ok in my book, 'cause the election made you happy. The political arguments on both sides since is absolute tripe.

Back to your corners! We don't want this thread locked!

On topic:
What made me happy today...was a visit to a doctor which resulted in a non-diagnosis.
It's bittersweet, but I'll take it for now.
Post edited October 30, 2018 by Braggadar
chandra: Let's stay civil, people :)
I was happy to see a very adorable doggo on the bus, it's the little things.
Tauto: 2.You come in here and post a message to me which was pleasant but to the point and I would like to know what a doggo is.
I might be responding to a rethorical question, but "doggo" is a slang word for "dog".
low rated
Braggadar: Can you yobbos cut out the political bull cookies please?
joppo, your original post: perfectly ok in my book, 'cause the election made you happy. The political arguments on both sides since is absolute tripe.
The problem isn't so much that some people disagree politically; it's that there are plenty of people (in Brazil) who are absolutely terrified about what will happen as the result of the election, to the point of wanting to seek asylum somewhere else. For this reason, I think the original post might not have been OK.

It's a lot like the feeling in the US on November 9, 2016.
out of surgery :D
Tauto: 2.You come in here and post a message to me which was pleasant but to the point and I would like to know what a doggo is.
Wolfy777: I might be responding to a rethorical question, but "doggo" is a slang word for "dog".
Okay thanks,we use ''mutt'' or ''mongrel'' or ''fleabag'' and are used affectionately.chandra did explain it to me.
Post edited October 30, 2018 by Tauto
Wolfy777: I might be responding to a rethorical question, but "doggo" is a slang word for "dog".
Tauto: Okay thanks,we use ''mutt'' or ''mongrel'' or ''fleabag'' and are used affectionately.
Intresting, I was under the impression all of those had a negative conotation.

Does "mongrel" mean the same as "mutt" in the sense you're reffering to a mixbreed dog?
Tauto: Okay thanks,we use ''mutt'' or ''mongrel'' or ''fleabag'' and are used affectionately.
Wolfy777: Intresting, I was under the impression all of those had a negative conotation.

Does "mongrel" mean the same as "mutt" in the sense you're reffering to a mixbreed dog?
More ''wild'' or homeless dog but ''bitsa'' is a cross breed/mixed breed as in bitsa this and a bitsa that:)
Wolfy777: Intresting, I was under the impression all of those had a negative conotation.

Tauto: More ''wild'' or homeless dog but ''bitsa'' is a cross breed/mixed breed as in bitsa this and a bitsa that:)
Thanks. :)

Never heard of "bitsa" before. A slang expression I take it? Would you happen to know where it comes from?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongrel
Post edited October 30, 2018 by Wolfy777
Tauto: More ''wild'' or homeless dog but ''bitsa'' is a cross breed/mixed breed as in bitsa this and a bitsa that:)
Wolfy777: Thanks. :)

Never heard of "bitsa" before. A slang expression I take it? Would you happen to know where it comes from?
Slang,origin unknown.We have that many slang words that I can't even remember and probably a couple I haven't heard of.

Tauto: Slang,origin unknown.We have that many slang words that I can't even remember and probably a couple I haven't heard of.
Thanks. :)

According to Wikipedia, it's supposed to resemble saying ""bits o' this, bits o' that".
And no source for it. Odd.

Tauto: Slang,origin unknown.We have that many slang words that I can't even remember and probably a couple I haven't heard of.
Edit: Sorry, I thought the first reply wasn't posted.
Post edited October 30, 2018 by Wolfy777

According to Wikipedia, it's supposed to resemble saying ""bits o' this, bits o' that".
And no source for it. Odd.
Wolfy777: Edit: Sorry, I thought the first reply wasn't posted.
Anytime.
Braggadar: Can you yobbos cut out the political bull cookies please?

Back to your corners! We don't want this thread locked!

On topic:
What made me happy today...was a visit to a doctor which resulted in a non-diagnosis.
It's bittersweet, but I'll take it for now.
You know what, you are right. I edited my last post to contain the same argument in the last paragraph without the animosity.

Sorry guys, I just felt a bit... excited because I think very unlikely that foreigners will have a clear picture of the current Brazilian political climate and what the latest election results represent to the country in face of the alternatives.

Either way, enough politics. Thread back on track.
dtgreene: The problem isn't so much that some people disagree politically; it's that there are plenty of people (in Brazil) who are absolutely terrified about what will happen as the result of the election, to the point of wanting to seek asylum somewhere else. For this reason, I think the original post might not have been OK.

I'll concede that there's a bit of uncertainty right now, but as I said I think these fears are unwarranted. We'll see.

On the other hand I was considering jumping ship too if the election results were not what they are and as I asked around I heard the same of a lot of people... To sell everything they own and start anew elsewhere.

So, I guess that it's not a surprise that people who voted for the losing side consider the same solution.
Post edited October 30, 2018 by joppo
dtgreene: The problem isn't so much that some people disagree politically; it's that there are plenty of people (in Brazil) who are absolutely terrified about what will happen as the result of the election, to the point of wanting to seek asylum somewhere else. For this reason, I think the original post might not have been OK.

joppo: I'll concede that there's a bit of uncertainty right now, but as I said I think these fears are unwarranted. We'll see.

On the other hand I was considering jumping ship too if the election results were not what they are and as I asked around I heard the same of a lot of people... To sell everything they own and start anew elsewhere.

So, I guess that it's not a surprise that people who voted for the losing side consider the same solution.
I'm not talking about all those who voted for the losing side.

I am talking about those minorities who the new president has talked openly about hating; apparently he'd rather have his son die than be gay.
My PS4 arrived and now I am installing the data for Red Dead Redemption 2!