It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today I returned to the study of the Chinese language :)
The beta test is just about over, Steam approved my shitty indie game for release, I got a Windows and a MacOS builds up and running, and today got a Linux build working (though there are still a few problems so it's not on Steam yet.) The release date is set to the end of the month, at which point I will finally be free of this project and will start having fun!

This isn't to say that I didn't have fun working on it, but it's been a long time and even though I enjoy this hobby, at this point I just want a bit of a change of pace.
Good luck! Tell us something more about it.
Do you expect something from this project, I mean economically?
What made you happy today?
Winter is coming (back)! There will be snowing today in Poland.
The fact that a community band I'm in is doing music from Final Fantasy 7. While I don't like the game (too much watching rather than playing, for one thing), it still has some good music, including my favorite version of the Chocobo theme (which *is* in this arrangement).

I even get to play 1st clarinet on this piece!

Unfortunately, we didn't rehearse it the one rehearsal I have been to.

Interestingly, there are some possibly tricky time signatures. I think FF7 is the first FF game where the composer started experimenting with some fancy rhythms. (You see more of this in FF8 and the FF1 remake.)

(In case you're wondering, this arrangement does *not* contain One Winged Angel; I think that track is too long.)
deleted
Post edited March 16, 2018 by Fairfox
ciemnogrodzianin: Good luck! Tell us something more about it.
Thank you! =) And no, I expect nothing at all. This was purely a hobby project, I don't believe this game can possibly have enough sales to so much as recoup my investment. I'm fine with it, though. It was an experience, and I learned a few things, which is all I could reasonably want.
ciemnogrodzianin: Good luck! Tell us something more about it.

What made you happy today?
ciemnogrodzianin: Winter is coming (back)! There will be snowing today in Poland.
We just passed 270 inches. :P
Fairfox: taht aint gonna be a quote on teh storefront description, right? lolz
an' yah link it?
No, but it should be. Actually I'm pretty tempted to add it now. =)

And sure, here it is. Now you know I wasn't kidding about "shitty indie game." =)
low rated
deleted
Fairfox: it looks liek a popcap gameeeee! <3
i mean... i kno some peeps will think taht is an insult, nooot a compliment, buuut i hope you dont tek it taht wai because i luuuuuuv popcap! i wish popcap was on gogie, sighz. peggle, dude.

also! 'upgrade your peons' lolz!

thar seems to be a lot of clickin' involved
i feel you really need to add a quote on teh storefront taaaht says this gamie is great if you wish to develop muscle-y fingies.
It actually allows for multiple playstyles. I hate clicking, so I just let it do its thing, then come back every 30 min or so and distribute whatever they mined in that time. Some people, though, click like their life depends on it. I've seen both behaviors as I watched my testers.

Oh and I got nothing against PopCap. I played a ton of Plants vs Zombies. =)
Post edited March 16, 2018 by Alaric.us
Congrats! Your first commercial release?

-----

For the business, March is going really well so far: several service visits, a couple new customers, and lots of parts sales. Got an unexpected lead on some machine parts, and it dovetailed perfectly with a customer request maybe 3 weeks ago for exactly those items. Best part is that they're really big and I don't have the space or the means to deal with them back at the the shop, and the timing allow me to take them straight from one customer to the next. As a bonus, schedule-wise there's a service visit about an hour from the delivery location thus much of the travel expense is taken care of. Considering all three places are about 450 miles from here, this looks to be going about as well as I could hope for.

The importance of the extra income next month is that we're having a sizable solar electric system installed once the ground thaws and dries out a bit, maybe mid- or late-April. Without borrowing money it was looking a bit tight, but this gives us some relief from the anxiety. Borrowing is cheap right now, but still. As an independent contractor without a reliable guarantee of income, we're trying to do as much as we can without using a lender.

On the electricity side of things, the system should generate enough annually to make us net-contributors to the power grid. Once that's done, we're going to attack the LP gas usage. Can hardly wait to watch the meter literally spin backwards for the first time.
So, apparently, one of the KSP updates of these last years has solved the bug that was making my Eva behemoth explode upon decoupling. So, back to this catastrophically failing mission, which is now an astounding success.

I have everything to re-learn, every keyboard key and UI button, but hey, was worth the wait. Seeing these things land softly and safely, the way they were meant to, is a strange little deferred emotion.
Feeling happy today because I figured out how to use the Castle spell in Magic Carpet 1 to both a) bring up spells hidden in the earth and b) offensively versus nests/swarms of monsters.
low rated
Voted for Vladimir Putin to be President of Russian Federation in 2018-2024.
Playing Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds with my friend who lives on the other side of the country. I got my ass kicked because I started in a resource-poor area, but it was still a fun way to pass a rainy evening.