It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finally got some 20-30 degree weather, after being stuck in the teens and single digits for a while.

(Of course, some of you southern hemisphere folks might wish they had this kind of weather.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS!
Something that made me happy last night was that I had 10 hours of sleep according to my alarm. Something that didn't make me happy this morning was finding out that I had sat my alarm one hour off... Luckily my internal body clock woke me up a little later than usual, just like Kramer.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by Erikspilivink
Erikspilivink: just like Kramer.
That didn't really work in the end, if you recall correctly. :P
Happy Birthday David!
Attachments:
db.jpg (318 Kb)
Pajama: Happy Birthday David!
really? shit, how did I miss that.
I kind of joke with the Elvis thing, but David actually is a huge influence on almost everything I do.
tinyE: I kind of joke with the Elvis thing, but David actually is a huge influence on almost everything I do.
Yes - same here. He has weaved through my life since I first heard Ziggy back in the day. He left way too soon :(
tinyE: I kind of joke with the Elvis thing, but David actually is a huge influence on almost everything I do.
Pajama: Yes - same here. He has weaved through my life since I first heard Ziggy back in the day. He left way too soon :(
there is a 'documentary" upcoming about his last five years and the record he refused to stop working on despite his illness. I honestly don't know if I want to watch that.
tinyE: there is a 'documentary" upcoming about his last five years and the record he refused to stop working on despite his illness. I honestly don't know if I want to watch that.
They first showed that on the BBC a few months ago. I recorded it but haven't watched it - I'm not sure that I ever will.
deleted
My former high school crush is so wonderful and down-to-earth. I'm extremely proud of her, and while my feelings for her are completely platonic at the moment, I'm really glad to consider her a close friend after all these years.
lanipcga: while my feelings for her are completely platonic at the moment,
None of my business but you've said that twice now.

Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? :P

Note, I joke out of a tinge of jealousy. After highs school, for the sake of my own mental well being, I vowed never to speak to any of those assholes again. :D
tinyE: None of my business but you've said that twice now.

Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? :P
I'll just say this: she's still deeply religious, whereas I've turned agnostic and uber-hormonal. She's clearly wife-material and may be the best candidate for me personally, but I'd have to suppress an awful lot to make a long-lasting monogamous relationship work.

Oh, and just for the record, my feelings for her are only platonic.

tinyE: Note, I joke out of a tinge of jealousy. After highs school, for the sake of my own mental well being, I vowed never to speak to any of those assholes again. :D
I feel that way about certain college classmates - particularly those who froze me out because I wasn't a mindless Weebo like them. They can take a hike up Mount Fuji for all I care!
Post edited January 12, 2018 by lanipcga
The weather.

I just went to the corner store and the current weather outside is one of the reason why I love living here (south-shore of Montreal). Stepping outside is like stepping out on another planet, I need to put on special clothing because of the hostile environment and it's white everywhere. I know snow is just a form of water but it makes everything look alien at night when it's still fresh and white.

I appreciated it a lot less yesterday when I had to shovel but this was then and this is now. It also helped that there was no wind, -20 C is a lot more comfortable without any wind.
deleted