It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

USERNAME:HereForTheBeer#Q&_^Q&Q#GROUP:4#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:6169#Q&_^Q&Q#Pretty sure mine are going up, so enjoy Europe for me on my nickel.

Please attach photos.#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:6169#Q&_^Q&Q#
$
You should post that in the Corny Joke thread.

Have fun!
HereForTheBeer: $
You should post that in the Corny Joke thread.

Have fun!
So raising your taxes is bad, but at the same time taxing me higher is perfectly fine?

Is that because when your taxes go up that's me stealing your money, but when I'm taxed higher it's because I deserve it? Beautiful logic.

Corny joke indeed.

BTW, how do you know that you will pay a higher percentage than me? What will your top bracket tax percentage be under the new bill?
Post edited December 20, 2017 by Alaric.us
The two of you! Take these socks full of cow shit and go to your corners. When the bell rings, come out swinging.

May the best man win!
Post edited December 20, 2017 by tinyE
Reread my post. I didnt say either of those things, that mine going up is bad and that yours going up would be good. I'm making the point that while it will be a nice bit of wealth redistribution for some, for others at a similar income level it will cause a higher tax liability.

But there are a couple basic things to keep in mind. First, the rosiest projections say about $1T new debt - on top of the debt we'd build without this tax bill (appropriate term, "bill") - over the next decade. Second, while pretty much everyone considered 'rich' will get a large break, the middle class does not see a similar across-the-board reduction. Despite promises to the contrary.

If you'd like to have a discussion about it, go to PM. Two well-off people discussing their tax and income nunbers... yeah, we'd come out looking like enormous assholes.
I SURVIVED MOTHERHOOD!

I now have officially raised one of my offspring to legal adulthood, and I think she's turned out well. :)
Luned: I SURVIVED MOTHERHOOD!

I now have officially raised one of my offspring to legal adulthood, and I think she's turned out well. :)
So what did you do, thank her for the memories and tell her to get the hell out of the house and never come back until she had some grandkids for you? :P
tinyE: So what did you do, thank her for the memories and tell her to get the hell out of the house and never come back until she had some grandkids for you? :P
This is so "last century". Are you sure you are being "progressive" and most importantly, up to date? The world has evolved much, since the time you assume that we are all still living in... The "enemy" you see and perceive as a threat to your precious "rights" (natural/biological order and societal norms) and so badly desire & strive to demolish, nowadays, exists only in fruity and fictitious imaginations, exclusively!

There is no bloody patriarchy or inequality to women. Not in the civilized parts of the world (with humane religions most importantly), that is.
Post edited December 21, 2017 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
What made me happy today is that I was able to put on a kilt that I hadn't been able to wear for the last 2 years.
Apple will require lootboxes to display actual chances of getting specific items. I neither do lootboxes nor have an iOS device, but anything which hurts that business model is good news.
clisair: What made me happy today is that I was able to put on a kilt that I hadn't been able to wear for the last 2 years.
Nice! Nothing like a guy with good knees in a kilt. :)
deleted
Seems like a kilt sparked some imagination on this thread. Amusing, but not exactly what made me happy today.
Today's dose of happiness comes from something a bit less imaginative - I seem to be close to finally getting a job (at least that's the impression they gave me), which is great! Of course, it can still derail massively, but today's happiness is here and nobody is taking it away ^^
That the Knicks are actually fun and enjoyable to watch this year (NBA team, for those who don't know). And they beat the Celtics, which is extra fun.
Saw a bunch of fantastic cars, motorcycles, etc., today, at the Petersen Automotive Museum.
Well, technically, it was yesterday, but since I haven't been getting a lot of these happy days recently, I thought about sharing anyway:

Quite a lot of time ago, a driver update from nvidia made my laptop start to freeze and blue screen whenever the GeForce GT 740m in it was used. I tried a lot of things, including reverting to the most recent (but fairly old) dell version of the nvidia drivers, but nothing would solve it. No one online seemed to have a definitive answer as well.

I kept updating the nvidia drivers whenever a new one was released just in case, though they never seemed to address the problem.

Yesterday, after updating the drivers, I was trying to get into that DELL support page that runs tests so that I could test the nvidia video board on the new drivers when I accidentally opened DELL's forums for my laptop model and there was a topic about my very video board. I took a look at it and there was this guy saying that he solved his problems with the GeForce GT 740m by changing the configuration for the OTHER video board in the laptop, an intel one.

So I changed said configurations, setting everything up for best quality and... voilá, the god damned thing stopped freezing and blue-screening.

It's such a relief to have my laptop back in shape and know that I won't have to spend money fixing it anymore. ^_^