It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleted
GWENT. :D
a big slice of shocolate cake made me happy)
After having only played the demo back in the late 90's, I finally caved and bought Quake 2: Quad Damage. I was originally going to pass it up, but I eventually learned that it's a sort of collector's edition with loads of content. Plus, it was on sale, so why not? It'll be a long while before I can actually play it, however, but it feels awfully nice having that game on my GOG shelf. I'm 31 now, so I must've been 12-14 the last time I played it!
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post10563

Woohoo, I survived my project replacing the two fans in my old ASUS G75VW gaming laptop! Oh how silently and cool it hurrs and purrs now... I feel like I gave it a whole new life, maybe it now lasts another 5 years.

I used mainly this video as a generic guide, it was better and more detailed than the other one I was looking. Disassembling the machine wasn't that hard, just had to keep a good track of all the screws (I put them to three different cups based on their size), and make sure you really have unscrewed all the screws before trying to lift the keyboard away.

Not everything went smoothly though. When I took the old fans out, both of them had a broken power connector, meaning tiny bits of plastic stayed in the power port, meaning I couldn't install the new fans (as I couldn't fit the new power cord to the port anymore). I was almost ready to give up at that point and head tomorrow to buy a new laptop (and maybe try to use this without fans, like leaving the lid open or whatever so that it cools down), but I just kept trying to pry the remnants of the broken power connectors away, and after about an hour of tinkering with a sharp pin and little tweezers I finally succeeded.

The next hardest part was reconnecting the five flat cables under the keyboard. There was so little room to work there and I hate those damn paper thin flat cables, they always feel so hard to attach back.

Anyway, now everything seems to work, ahhhh....This also gave me confidence to do the same again if needed, now I know exactly how it goes and what to look after.
A dull life is always boring,need some fresh things. Liking watching movies, playing the games , of course, including enjoying the delicious food. DO what you love.
Just happened to think of an interesting philosphical argument in which I prove that an omniscient omnipotent being can't exist (some religions people might have an issue with this):

Suppose there exists such a being, which I'll call X.

Can X predict the future, then act in a way that contradicts that prediction?

If yes, then X is not omniscient, as the prediction is not correct.

If no, then we have established that there's something X can't do, which contradicts omnipotence.

Therefore, X can't be both omniscient and onmipotent.

(This is the sort of thinking I enjoy, hence my posting this in this thread.)
dtgreene: Just happened to think of an interesting philosphical argument in which I prove that an omniscient omnipotent being can't exist (some religions people might have an issue with this):

If no, then we have established that there's something X can't do, which contradicts omnipotence.

Unless it is predicting a what-if future, aka every single time travel film ever made
dtgreene: Just happened to think of an interesting philosphical argument in which I prove that an omniscient omnipotent being can't exist
A noble effort, to be sure, but you know the opposing side will always have some dubious counterargument. Even after I'd turned agnostic for a while, I still found myself pondering the concept of theodicy (and frustrating myself in the process). I recently started dabbling in Zen Buddhist philosophy, and I'm relieved to say that the Problem of Evil is no longer a concern of mine.
dtgreene: Just happened to think of an interesting philosphical argument in which I prove that an omniscient omnipotent being can't exist (some religions people might have an issue with this):

I "proved" a long time ago why no one should worship any "omnipotent" God.

We are told that God is "good" and the Devil is "evil" and that God is omnipotent and can influence things on earth... burning bushes, dividing of the sea, impregnating a virgin, etc. etc.etc.

So, given all of the evil and suffering allowed to occur in the world with no intervention:

A) He must not be good. Why worship the Devil?
or
B) He must not be omnipotent. Why worship a powerless God?
Started free Harvard's Data Science: R Basics course. As always - I'm impressed with the possibilities of today online learning.
OldFatGuy: B) He must not be omnipotent. Why worship a powerless God?
The Japanese, in Shinto religion, have some gods and goddesses (kami, ookami, etc) numbering 10.000.000 roughly... Numbers exactly like the population of a small country, but instead of humans, gods. They are not omnipotent, they possess various powers, specialties or fields of expertise, yet they are not so "divine" like the western equivalent of the idea of "god". Some of them can supposedly be "sealed away", drop outside favor, etc. Yet they are worshiped, receive tribute and have many festivals after them.

Also, in Goetia and the lesser keys of solomon, the "deified spirits" are 52, carry favors with proper exchange/offerings and are anything but, omnipotent... On the contrary, they are weak before not only god and beneficial spirits, but even in the presence of virtuous people (and accomplished theurgists/spiritualists).

From whence come (and with such certainty, too), that someone worships only powerful god(s)? There are countless people who worship powerless gods, even within mainstream religions and world known (and renowned) ones... Or their offshoots and hearsays (heresies/apocrypha etc).
Post edited November 04, 2017 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
this
Attachments:
tinyE: this
Do political figures there also drive in convoys of black luxury vehicles like they own the damn road? Every damned minister over here has one, and they've been involved in several fatal incidents. Why? Because they're maniacs that treat the roads as their personal racetracks. Not even taxis are hated as much as these guys.
Nandos, a local restaurant chain specializing in awesome chicken made a hilarious tv ad about it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDgJN-j-PM
tinyE: this
Matewis: Do political figures there also drive in convoys of black luxury vehicles like they own the damn road? Every damned minister over here has one, and they've been involved in several fatal incidents. Why? Because they're maniacs that treat the roads as their personal racetracks. Not even taxis are hated as much as these guys.
Nandos, a local restaurant chain specializing in awesome chicken made a hilarious tv ad about it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDgJN-j-PM
well in fairness to the POTUS, we ALL drive like that, regardless of our profession or political affiliation. :P It's an american thing.