It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'll just put this here and leave. :P

Clearly we need to do something about La-Z-Boy!
Post edited September 06, 2017 by tinyE
Well, I was happy to see that my retro pay is going to show up on tomorrow's check. So I'll be getting a nice bonus this payday.
Glad that people are standing up to neo-Nazis.

Also glad that Ys 8 has appeared here, even if it will likely be a long time before I buy it (it's too expensive, I haven't bought or played Ys 7, and there are other games I'd like to play first, including some of Falcom's non-Ys games).

HereForTheBeer: Yeah, it's heroic to decide that a bunch of people who were brought over as really young kids, who know nothing other than the American lifestyle through which they have come of age, who are working and contributing positively to our society, and who clearly WANT to stay in the only country they've known nearly their entire lives, well, we should just boot them *back* to a country they don't know at all.
Telika: Again, you are talking to a atraightforward neonazi (check "golden dawn" if you think it's hyperbole), who has just recently slightly changed his avatar from a direct white supremacist logo (that he possibly had got banned for). Just in case you were meaning to argue seriously with him.
"Fun" fact: At one point, his avatar consisted of the rainbow flag with the no sign (like what you see in a "no smoking" or "no left turn" sign). It is at that point that I decided to change the background of my avatar (the foreground is a rotated Mandelbrot Set, in case you were wondering).
Post edited September 06, 2017 by dtgreene
dtgreene: It is at that point that I decided to change the background of my avatar
I'm getting your avatar done as a neck tattoo.
tinyE: <snip>
I was wondering that myself. What would be nice (and I do hope it works out this way) is if the move DOES force Congress to finally get off its butt figure out a way to make legal these people who are citizens in all but the legal sense. Would Bradley be cheering Trump, then? I would be, if it doesn't screw over the affected people.

<--- And, well, we're a nation of mutts. Mutts are lovable.

HereForTheBeer: Yeah, it's heroic to decide that a bunch of people who were brought over as really young kids, who know nothing other than the American lifestyle through which they have come of age, who are working and contributing positively to our society, and who clearly WANT to stay in the only country they've known nearly their entire lives, well, we should just boot them *back* to a country they don't know at all.
Telika: Again, you are talking to a atraightforward neonazi (check "golden dawn" if you think it's hyperbole), who has just recently slightly changed his avatar from a direct white supremacist logo (that he possibly had got banned for). Just in case you were meaning to argue seriously with him.
Well, no, I wasn't intending to argue. I mean, he kind of Marzooker's these things nowadays: post once and disappear for a while. Bradley's version: drop a turd in the Happy thread and then crawl back under the rock for a week or two until the mental bowels are full again.
NOTHING. :(
macuahuitlgog: NOTHING. :(
Yes, it also cheered me up for quite a while (especially the post-end-credits, for some reason). Which is unexpected, given how gloomy, dark and cynical Cube, by the same director, was.
Police accross the country have asked people to STOP tying red baloons to sewer grates! XD
tinyE: Police accross the country have asked people to STOP tying red baloons to sewer grates! XD
Buzz kill.
tinyE: Police accross the country have asked people to STOP tying red baloons to sewer grates! XD
bad_fur_day1: Buzz kill.
Oh, that was you? :P
Just made a series of breakthroughs in a game I've been working on with my brother after hours for more than a year. It's a rather complex strategy game and I'm a lousy programmer so I'm really proud of how far we've come. Sadly it's still in an early stage overall and not quite playable - much of it kinda works in debug but you can't quite play an actual session yet. However, at this rate it should become possible to play actual multiplayer matches within a month or two.
bad_fur_day1: Buzz kill.
tinyE: Oh, that was you? :P
Must have been someone else, I was too busy kidnapping children and throwing them down sewer drains.

Police will probably say to stop doing that as well, they just wanna suck the joy out of everything.
Post edited September 08, 2017 by bad_fur_day1
Can we still put Lite-Brites under bridges?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic
Post edited September 08, 2017 by drmike
deleted
Thought of another faulty proof that 1 = 0. Here it is:

Suppose x = 1. Then:

1. Multiply both sides by x to get x^2 = x.
2. Subtract x from both sides to get x^2 - x = 0.
3. Factor the left side: x(x - 1) = 0.
4. Solve the equation. One of the solutions is x = 0.
5. Therefore, since x = 1 and x = 0, 1 = 0.

It is left as an exercise to the reader to find the mistake in this proof.