It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I discovered time traveling cheese.
The tag on it say it was made tomorrow!
My broken foot is healing exceptionally well, according to the doctor.
deleted
I have two days off in a row for the first (and probably last) time all summer.
Looks like I may have stumbled upon a workaround for an extremely annoying problem I've been having with my laptop. For many months now I've experienced problems with sound and music in games. Games would seemingly randomly freeze for 1,2 or more seconds and then suddenly spring to life again, along with some sound effect. Coincidentally, or so it seemed. It soon became clear that these freezes happened whenever a new sound effect was being loaded. Depending on the game, gameplay either stops and waits for the sound, or the sound plays late. Understandably this is annoying as hell.
Another problem I've been having is with playing avi files. They play normally, but seeking takes annoyingly long. Then a few days ago I played some avi files off of an external drive that I hadn't copied to my laptop yet, and that is when I noticed: there is no seeking problem. I can skip around in the avi file without any problems.
So I thought, perhaps it's my hardrive that's the problem? To check I installed a gog game that had been giving me sound problems directly onto my external and lo and behold : no more sound problems!

I'll admit I'm pretty excited at the moment, because I've been putting off several games simply because the sound problems made them too annoying to play. Now I'm thinking of continuing with Caesar 3 of Jagged Alliance 2. Or perhaps I'll jump back into Titan Quest.
Spring has sprung, today is the first day of Spring and the weather should start to warm up within the next few weeks.

I love warmth.

Matewis: no more sound problems
I've had a shitty sound problem for years, my Creative Zx soundcard will sometimes be incorrectly recognised from cold boot, meaning I have no sound.

Only way to fix it is to shutdown and restart, so every time I start the PC I have to go into Device Manager and check it's listed properly.

Obviously an issue with the bios not detecting it correctly, extremely annoying and I've been putting up with it for many years, tried everything to fix it to no avail.

Must be some sort of hardware incompatibility.
It's Force Friday.

It's just some advertising gimmick, but I don't really care. I'm listening to Star Wars score. May the Force be with you all.
deleted
Fairfox: ^^ I saw Star Wars once. I wrote about my experience before. It was the ice one. This has been your Force Friday (?) update.
"Y'know that really old movie, with like, the walking thingies?"

-Spiderman

It's the ice one.
My back is still hosed from yesterday, to the point where it took 10 minutes to get out of bed and another 5 to walk from one end of the house to the other. Good stuff.

My nephew texted yesterday, saying his roommate's PC was acting up. Though it was a problem with the heatsink, and that it sounded like a lawnmower at speed. Usually means bad fan, right? Sure, bring it on over - I'm not able to go anywhere. So they bring it over. Well, it didn't sound that bad; then again, we weren't taxing it that heavily and it was still pretty cool up in the shop. I did notice a couple case fans not running and figured we'd take care of that later.

Give him the a demo copy of 3dMark, to put some stress on the thing and see what we could see. Got a pretty low 3,400 score on an i5-6600K / GTX 1060 6GB combo; internets says closer to 4,000 is to be expected. Poked around a bit more and thought the fan setup on the water block's radiator looked a bit odd. On a push-pull configuration I could see the same label on each fan. Told me that one of them was facing the wrong way.

We removed the radiator and yep, the push fan was facing the wrong way. While it was half apart we decided to remove the water block from the CPU to check for a good blob of thermal paste. Looked fine - though maybe a bit too much on there - but we cleaned it off and put down a new layer just in case. Got it back together, reconnected the wiring for those two case fans that weren't running, and ran 3dMark again. Got a 4,100. Really happy with that result, though I'm not sure why our changes made that much of a difference. I mean, at no time did we hear the fans cranking up high to compensate for a hot CPU when things weren't right, and I figure they would run higher if it was throttling due to high temps. Unfortunately, I didn't consider installing HWMonitor until AFTER we made the changes so I have no idea how hot it was actually running.

Also fixed some sound problem he was having that was causing game glitches. Easy enough solutions. He took it home and tried out the system, and said it was running better than it had in a long time. Felt good to be able to make it run better without spending a dime, and doing so while I'm otherwise mostly out of commission.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: DACA sunk straight into nothingness, at long last! Donald is a hero! If only those stupid cartoons who fight against him and foil all his plans, would let the man work and do some good, for a change...
Yeah, it's heroic to decide that a bunch of people who were brought over as really young kids, who know nothing other than the American lifestyle through which they have come of age, who are working and contributing positively to our society, and who clearly WANT to stay in the only country they've known nearly their entire lives, well, we should just boot them *back* to a country they don't know at all.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: DACA sunk straight into nothingness, at long last! Donald is a hero! If only those stupid cartoons who fight against him and foil all his plans, would let the man work and do some good, for a change...
HereForTheBeer: Yeah, it's heroic to decide that a bunch of people who were brought over as really young kids, who know nothing other than the American lifestyle through which they have come of age, who are working and contributing positively to our society, and who clearly WANT to stay in the only country they've known nearly their entire lives, well, we should just boot them *back* to a country they don't know at all.
Again, you are talking to a atraightforward neonazi (check "golden dawn" if you think it's hyperbole), who has just recently slightly changed his avatar from a direct white supremacist logo (that he possibly had got banned for). Just in case you were meaning to argue seriously with him.
^this

You can't expect empathy from someone who views those immigrants as subhuman.

It would be like asking someone to feel bad about expelling a bunch of rats from the country. That's how he views them.

What I can't figure out is why someone from Greece is so obsessed with American politics.
This weekend I made some nice progress with a game I'm working on. When I showed it to my testers today, they all liked the improvements, making me very happy.
Attachments:
Had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. Very happy :)