It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: I have some IRL friends who really do care about me and were willing to give me hugs; that does help a little.
Kleetus: Do you ever get people that hug just a bit too tight or hang on for too long?
Oh hell yes. Awkward.
A good burger with a good friend, followed by some awesome rain*

* awesome that is, except for those people that got hurt in the floods in Johannesburg
Attachments:
burger.jpg (402 Kb)
fables22: Oh hell yes. Awkward.
[moderator-blue]I've always been extremely friendly, when I hug I like to press groin-to-groin and rock back and forth.[/moderator-blue]
Trinto is asking for the new president to "revise" and review NAFTA and those other horrible, nasty, stinking emporium treaties between Canada, USA and god-prevent, the rest of the world... He he he, he is so going to be left with much to be desired!

At least now there is a chance to prevent CETA, NAFTA, TTIP and other calamities, like SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, etc.

I love america! Now, i really do LOVE america! Much love brothers and sisters there! <3
Post edited November 11, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
HereForTheBeer: That's why I'm, uh, here. ; )
...how long have you been waiting to make that joke?
Someone recommended Project Zomboid.

Now my life is complete. :D
tinyE: .
'ello Guvna.
My day has just started, but the realisation that it's Friday made me really happy.

Looking forward to playing Tyranny (hopefully all weekend).
zicoos: Looking forward to playing Tyranny
For some reason I read that as Tranny.

Anyway, so what do you look like in high heels and fishnets?
HereForTheBeer: That's why I'm, uh, here. ; )
zeogold: ...how long have you been waiting to make that joke?
What's my join date? Subtract a month. ; )
zicoos: Looking forward to playing Tyranny (hopefully all weekend).
My country just started living it! :D
I would have posted this a couple of days ago but I was having technical difficulties.

VICTORY! MAGA!

To those whining and crying, your tears are so tasty.
Attachments:
Ever since I started my one-man business, I have gradually begun receiving more and more opportunities. In just under two months, there are more than I can shake a stick at.

Time to pick that Two-Weapon Fighting feat and get another stick.
AlKim: Ever since I started my one-man business, I have gradually begun receiving more and more opportunities. In just under two months, there are more than I can shake a stick at.

Time to pick that Two-Weapon Fighting feat and get another stick.
Congratulations! It can be worrying at times but also very rewarding. All the best to your self-employed future.
Finally put some games on the new laptop. Started off with Metro 2033, simply because I've read that it's a tough test of hardware. Ran like butter and I'm really happy about that. Crysis next!

While the developer did a really nice job with the game, so far I'm preferring the Stalker titles. Graphically Metro is quite a bit better, but I think this has a lot to do with it being - for the most part (at least so far) - a rail-type shooter; they limited where you can go, which means there is less stuff to 'decorate'. The banter is Metro is better than in Stalker, and I got a kick out of a reference to Stalkers.

The filter mechanic... I can tell that's going to get old quick. Already got bit in the butt once, during that first long foray aboveground with Bourbon. I was taking time exploring a bit and just trying to figure out where I was going without triggering those mutated bears or whatever they are, and burned through filters fairly quickly. Ran out at one point and barely made it to a stash holding two more.

They did a nice job with the in-engine QTEs so far, not overdoing it. For the most part, it has been used to simply have the characters do things that weren't coded into your controls, and to sort of lock you out of the area you just left - not unusual for a rail shooter.

The world itself, I think they nailed it. To me, it looks and feels just as bleak as the narrative and dialog describes. The character models were done well, adding to the atmosphere.

Only about 4 hours in but I'm enjoying it so far. And it looks downright gorgeous. Tempted to hook it up to the TV and try it out on a big screen.