It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG supporting Linux! :D Even though I only tinker with various distros via virtual machines, this is excellent news and will probably lead me to dual-boot a distro :)

Woo!
Dad's begun losing weight again. I hope the results last this time.

I also tested my miniature emergency bike pump. The piston moves only three or four inches, so it takes a fuck of a lot of ridiculous-looking see-sawing to get the tyre pumped up, but it took a surprisingly short amount of time. The pump seems to be of pretty bombproof construction, too. Fingers crossed that I never have to use it in a real emergency, though.
I got to help somebody prep for a test, and I was actually helpful. (or at least I hope)
The dialogues of Defender's Quest.
Actually yesterday, but I couldn't type because my desk was blocked by an object clamped to it: I got a steering wheel for racing games! A Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience and now racing is much more fun than a keyboard: steering through corners, breaking a bit for round bends, breaking more for tight bends.

With keyboard steering I kept on ending up in the side of the road, turning too much so I end up backwards. Being a noob in driving it still happens to me with my wheel as well once in a while, but it's become much easier to finish a race with fun instead of frustration. The first lap with my steering wheel I was constantly laughing loudly for joy.
GOG announcing Linux support sometime in the fall. Oh, and the 18oz demonico steak I just ate that was the 2nd most juicy awesome steak I've ever made. Nom nom nom.
My grandmother bought me a 7-string Ibanez yesterday and goddamn what a beast it is!
I got to test it fully today which made me pretty happy and my dog scratched my balls while I was taking a shit :-)
Today is a good day!
Sebek: My grandmother bought me a 7-string Ibanez yesterday and goddamn what a beast it is!
I got to test it fully today which made me pretty happy and my dog scratched my balls while I was taking a shit :-)
Today is a good day!
It would be nice to see a pic of that 7-string Ibanez, the other thing - no, no pictures please.
Sebek: My grandmother bought me a 7-string Ibanez yesterday and goddamn what a beast it is!
Today is a good day!
DubConqueror: It would be nice to see a pic of that 7-string Ibanez, the other thing - no, no pictures please.
I think this is pretty good picture, it has a wizard neck which is thin and super smooth, plays like a baby's butt + EMG 801 pickups :-)
Attachments:
I can barely play my 6 string, way to make me feel worthless. :P
DubConqueror: It would be nice to see a pic of that 7-string Ibanez, the other thing - no, no pictures please.
Sebek: I think this is pretty good picture, it has a wizard neck which is thin and super smooth, plays like a baby's butt + EMG 801 pickups :-)
Awesome look. How is it tuned?
Sebek: I think this is pretty good picture, it has a wizard neck which is thin and super smooth, plays like a baby's butt + EMG 801 pickups :-)
DubConqueror: Awesome look. How is it tuned?
It ships with B-tuning but I put it to G, which is a whole step down from A-tuning (If I remember correctly :P)
The strings are still tight and it plays smoothly AND the pickups doesn't produce a "muffled" sound, It's bright and glorious ^__^
tinyE: I can barely play my 6 string, way to make me feel worthless. :P
Then buy a 16-string, people will immediately ejaculate when they see it, you don't even have to know how to play it :P
Post edited March 19, 2014 by Sebek
DubConqueror: Awesome look. How is it tuned?
Sebek: It ships with B-tuning but I put it to G, which is a whole step down from A-tuning (If I remember correctly :P)
The strings are still tight and it plays smoothly AND the pickups doesn't produce a "muffled" sound, It's bright and glorious ^__^
tinyE: I can barely play my 6 string, way to make me feel worthless. :P
Sebek: Then buy a 16-string, people will immediately ejaculate when they see it, you don't even have to know how to play it :P
A friend of mine had a 12 string acoustic in high school that I actually could get around on. The problem is I wasn't a very good player then. I'd love to have at one now that I can actually play.
Today was the first day of the year warm enough to walk around in a T-shirt. It just feels great to leave the house wearing the same thing you wear at home.
Been super-busy the last few weeks. A whole lot of travel (driving - by choice I don't fly), with another 1,218 miles (~1900 km) driven from Monday morning to last night. Busy is good but I'm a bit weary of staring out the windshield.

Was working in Milwaukee ("mill-e-wah-que" to Alice Cooper) yesterday and the customer decided to pay on the spot for some past-due invoices. Nice. Got the machine sorted out and they ordered a bunch of parts I had in the car with me. Also nice. Of course, they'll pay this invoice late, too. ; ) I always have to remind them to pay up. Beats getting stiffed, tho.

Wrapped up around 4:30 pm and was about to salvage a few parts from a machine that they're scrapping when I got a call from a shop in California. They had been working with the OEM on a really weird problem that had them baffled. Had me baffled, too, when the OEM called Tuesday night to pick my brain a little. Their customer called me directly yesterday afternoon and recapped what it was the machine was doing and also what they had tried. Said they weren't getting anywhere with the OEM after two days so they thought they'd give me a shot. Went on a hunch and had them check something onscreen. Well, then, that ain't right. Had them re-seat a circuit card in the PC (specialized card), get the part number off the card while it's out of the computer, and order one if re-seating didn't do the trick. They called 15 minutes later to tell me the machine was back to working again. Best thing is they also called the OEM, for whom I do some contract work.

Sweet. It's always good to get a machine working again, and good to leave a really positive impression with a potential customer. But it's positively awesome to be 'the hero'. Now I just need to convince them to buy some parts from me.

Heh - someone just called from the shop, saying they were super-happy that the machine is up-and-running. "Send us an invoice for the phone support, okay?" Nope - that's always free, for anyone who calls. But feel free to order parts! Heh.